Terrax Lighting system

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Terrax, Nov 5, 2015.

1. darkkitten

darkkitten Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks Terrax

2. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Lol, i think we all made the same mistake.

When including the mog-hunter time system, do not forget to go to the settings of the mog-time system and set 'Tint screen' to FALSE.

What your seeing is the mog-time system creating a tint screen effect on top of the terrax-lighting system.

I hope that solves most above problems.

3. Gonor

Gonor Veteran Veteran

Switzerland (but originally from Germany)
    First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unfortunately my mog-time tint screen effect already turned to FALSE...
    It doesn't solve the problem...
    I also checked if I have properly used the plugin command tls_moghunter. Sadly, no effect. :(

garroke likes this.
  4. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Is there any way you can send me the setup (pack all the files) so i can debug it?

5. ABSTRVCT

ABSTRVCT - Enlightened - Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Really great plugin, but I think it still needs some features and fixes:

1. It does not work very good with the Galv's Event Spawner. For example, I made a torch item that calls a common event. This common event spawns a torch event in front of the player character, but it does not light although it has the notetags.
    2. Have you tried Khas Awesome Light Effects for RMVXAce? It creates a special shadow effect when you walk near a wall corner. It would be also great.

Thank you and continue making so awesome plugins!!

6. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Terrax can you confirm with me quickly on your end if animations on map with the blending effect of 'multiply' make the screen go black briefly while using the plugin command: effect_on_event x 200 #FFAAAA 50

Basically I'm testing out an animation for a carbomb animation, when an animation frame with the multiply effect is shown the screen briefly goes black when the map has lighting effects and have the screen tinted also.

7. Gonor

Gonor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I can send you my files either tonight or tomorrow evening. (It's 0955 a.m. where I live right now.)

Although, even if I start a completely new project, the tinting on indoor maps isn't working properly.
    So, maybe you are faster in figuring the problem out, than I can send you the files. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2016
  8. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Gonor:

After you leave an area with the mogtime system active, the last tint setting is remembered as you go on,

If you want a dark (or light area) after that, its best to set a new tint when the new map loads.

Create an event on the new map and put in:

Plugin command : Tint set #000000       

Erase event.

This should reset the tint to a total black room

I've taken a look tal Galv' spawner before, my javascript skills lack a bit in some area's. I can't find out how to access the created events.

I read the events from $dataMap.events[i].

Galv's events are in $gameMap.events  and i have no access to that object in my script (or rather, don't have a clue how to access it)

I know the RMVXace version, it looks awsome, but its not something i can reproduce in MV.

I can't seem to reproduce this error, all is working fine when i test it, with lightsources and tints active.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2016
  9. Gonor

Gonor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You, sir, are a genius!
    That worked perfectly. Why didn't I think of this?

Thanks a lot. :)

10. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Might be something I'm missing, I'll look into the issue again, atleast at this point it seems it's just an isolated issue so might not be the plugin at this stage.

I'll continue investigating.

11. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't know if your adding an effect/spell from the rpg-maker effect library, but i noticed some also include a screen filter, so thats could also be the cause of the screen

darkening/lighting up

12. Mr.Richmond

Mr.Richmond Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Can i use you plugin in a game that i am going to sell for money on steam? Please reply in private message. 

13. luiscesjr

luiscesjr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I'm having a slight problem with the flashlight, it works when I set them on events (your update that fixed the error with scrolling maps saved my game lol) But the flashlight from the menu won't activate.

It used to and now it doesn't anymore and I'm kinda lost. I have Mog time and weather systems.

So my common event is set like your from the demo, the item is set to activate that common event, and I get the messages of light on and off.

All I had to do was change the switch to not get in the way of the one that I was already using. But I changed it before and it worked, now it won't anymore, as of your last update. Is there anywhere else I have to change the switch of the flashlight other than the common event itself?

Thanks in advance.

14. Diretooth

Diretooth Lv. 23 Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I input 'Light 250 #FFFFFF' into the note part of an event, and the script is not triggering. Advise.

15. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Can you tell me the plugin command your using?

Thats should work, unless you forgot to include the script in your plugin list.

16. Diretooth

Diretooth Lv. 23 Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't have it in. T_T This is why I shouldn't do anything while being sick.

17. Zaen

Zaen Find Me on YouTube Veteran

First Language:
    English
    What is the version of RPG Maker MV that I need to revert to to stop the depreciation?

18. luiscesjr

luiscesjr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese

I am using this    ◆Comando de plug-in:Flashlight on 8 12 #FFFFFF

Totally copied from your demo. As I said it used to work, and evented flashlights does work.

I already changed the scripts position to see if that could possibly be affecting anything (Even tough the rest of the plugin work normally)

19. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    New version (1.4.1) now available

http://mvplugins.com/plugin/Terrax/Terrax%20Lighting%20System

or

https://github.com/Terraxz/TerraxLighting

Update:

Recenly RPGMaker has been updated with new graphics scripts (new version of pixi). This upgrade caused some errors

that could be corrected, but the updated terraxlighting script will no longer run with old RPG-Maker core scripts.
    If you did not upgrade your game with the new RPG-Maker MV core scripts, you will have to use the plugin

called 'Terraxlighting_pixi3.js' instead (also included in the download).

There is no difference in the scripts other then some definitions.

I've also added a small new area in the demo that shows more examples to the recently added special effects.

I'm a bit buzy this time of year, sinterklaas, chrismas shopping, family and 'the wife' are competing with 'coding time'.

(and the wife often wins). So updates will be a bit slower this time of year.

Terrax

All i can think of is that you made an error with the switches, can you link the common event your using?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016
    Zaen likes this.
  20. Galv

Galv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

$gameMap.events() is a default function in rpgmaker to return an array of events for the current map. You should be able to access it.

Also when wanting to access $dataMap.events, you can access from the event object returned from that $gameMap.events() array with the event() function.

eg. the function in the event is:

Game_Event.prototype.event = function() {
    return $dataMap.events[this._eventId];
    };

So you can reference the events that have been created in the $gameMap object and still get the $dataMap.events
    info (as my spawn plugin changes this function to be able to access the correct map for this data).

Hope this makes sense and helps.

KaYsEr likes this.