Italian
Primarily Uses

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
greatly changes the lag factor in this way? It 'a mess now change all the controls ... I am going to cry:' (
You can always use the old version while i fix new bugs, but i have to know what the bugs are. 'It's a mess' isn't very descriptive.

Terraxz

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
You can always use the old version while i fix new bugs, but i have to know what the bugs are. 'It's a mess' isn't very descriptive.

Terraxz
No, i've said that with this version, you've implemented a new mode for activate light: with region and not in the event.
You've said that this way (with region), lag is reduced.
My question is: In this way, there is a greatly reduce of lag, or a minimal? Because i've a looot of command of lights, and it's a mess convert every light event, in a region light.

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
No, i've said that with this version, you've implemented a new mode for activate light: with region and not in the event.
You've said that this way (with region), lag is reduced.
My question is: In this way, there is a greatly reduce of lag, or a minimal? Because i've a looot of command of lights, and it's a mess convert every light event, in a region light.
Ah, no need to change, the region and tile lights were in the script for a long time, but they had the tendency to created a lot of lag compare to the note-tag method. With the new upgrade the region/tile lights works as efficiently as the note-tag method, but not more efficiently. So if your using note-tags, keep using them.. no need to change. Region light just are easier to setup if you have a lot of the same lightsources in the maps.

Roguelight489

Loading...please wait...
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Terrax there's a problem that keeps happening whenever I use this plugin:"Undefined is not a function" that's what it says...

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Terrax there's a problem that keeps happening whenever I use this plugin:"Undefined is not a function" that's what it says...
Please press F8 when the error occurs and paste the content of the window that pops up into a new message so i can take a look at what causes the error.

Phoenixxx98

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Slovak
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I have no idea if this was answered before...
Is there any way to make TerraxLighting work with diagonal movement?

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello, I have no idea if this was answered before...
Is there any way to make TerraxLighting work with diagonal movement?
I could look into that, what addon are you using for diagonal movement? And is it playermovement only or also diagonal npc movement?

Phoenixxx98

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Slovak
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I could look into that, what addon are you using for diagonal movement? And is it playermovement only or also diagonal npc movement?
Hey Terrax, I am using GALV_DiagonalMovement, so far only player movement.
I am asking primarly about flashlight effect.

Roguelight489

Loading...please wait...
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please press F8 wh
en the error occurs and paste the content of the window that pops up into a new message so i can take a look at what causes the error.
It happens BEFORE the game starts so when I press F8 it doesn't respond so I'm sorry that I can't help...
EDIT okay so It's not a problem with your plugin instead it's a problem with the demo map FOR your plugin...Don't ask...
But, when I tried it in a different project it still didn't work only this time it was just the effect not showing...

Attachments

Last edited:

ezanagi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I don't know if this has been answered yet but.. umm I'm trying use the DayNight cycle and want the lights to turn on and off during specific times. I set the SaveDaynightHours parameter to 18 so that the lights turn on at that time. The problem I'm facing at the moment is, that all light sources turn off after 23.

So how should I proceed if I want the light sources to be turned on from 18 to 5, and turned off at 6 for example? I've tried several options but I can't get it to work :/

Attachments

Raen Andaleio

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
In the documentation, you write to use 'Flashlight 8 12 #888888 1 2' as an example for a non-moving event. It's also written that the first of the last two parameters turns the light on/off. It is a bit counter intuitive that 0 is on and 1 is off. I really thought there was a bug because I was sure 1 would turn it on. Just saying.

Also, it would be nice to be able to change a light source's radius. Any light source's, not just the player's. Any chance of doing that? Also, any chance of starting the light as active when you give it a number? They're off by default. Lastly, any chance of changing an event's flashlight beam length, or at least turning it on and off, during run time?

Last edited:

Sirina80

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Terrax,

nice and cool TM but i got a problem, it looks like Lightning system dont come along with BindPicturestoMap.. alsways when both are on it comes

"Map is not defined" if i put of BPTM Lightning works, both on again "Map is not defined" Lignting off, then it works again.. is it possible to get it somehow to work?? would not want to miss my BindPicturesToMap

MercuryLegba

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the last update, Terrax, that greatly improved the lag issue I encountered.

Epic EP

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

I have done my best to figure out this on my own reading forums and trying out various things, but I could use your help Terrax.

I have two issues using the excellent plugin you have created.

1. It does not seem to work for me, if I won't use a version of TerraxLighting (currently 1.4.6) and TerraxLighting_Pixi3 (1.4.2) at the same time. Could I get rid of the Pixi version some how, since it seems to not have real effect as I use both?
If I turn Pixi version off, I get a "Undefined is not a function" error.
If I try to use only Pixi3 version, my Mog_TimeSystem goes nuts and starts to count time insanely fast.
When I use both versions simultaneously it seems to work fine with the time system.
Until...

2. I have a dungeon, which I want to be dark. so I use plugin command to tint the screen black. Everything works fine in the dungeon, but when I get outside to a map with "mogtimesystem" in the note tag, the tint remains black despite the time of the day. I can't figure out how to reset the tint back to follow the time system.

My maker is version 1.3.5 and I have installed your latest version of the plugin.

I apologize if this is something already resolved, but I did not find a solution glancing through the thread.

I appreciate your help, and thank you for making such an amazing plugin to improve RPG Maker games' atmosphere. :)

drazreckned

Advanced Froob
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi I just installed your plugin and did the simple instructions but nothing happens. I must be doing something wrong since everyone else on here can get it to work. The download says it comes with a demo which I did not get either.

1. Put an event into the map.
2. In the 'Note' field (Next to the name) put the following text :
Light 250 #FFFFFF

Is there anything else I have to do?
[Edited for clarity; pardon my French]

Hi Terrax,

Great pluggin! It looks fantastic, so I tried using it for my game... but I can't get the script to start.

It seems specific with my game, though. I created a new one as a test and booted the plugin on it, and it worked. I then went back to the original game, turned off all my plugins except for yours (Terra Lighting System), but it still would not work.

This leads me to believe that there's a setting I must've toggled on or off within the game itself for it not to work.

I'm using RPG Maker MV, updated to the 1.3.4 version

Do you or anyone have any idea as to what could possibly be interfering with your plugin? Perhaps I deleted the image used to darken the screen, or is everything one needs in the plugin itself?

Thanks,
I realized that a fair few have been having this problem: "Installed plugin --> added a new event with a: 'Light 250 #FFFFFF' (no quotes) notetag --> Saved game --> and nothing happens. It just looks like the plugin wasn't on." After much perusing on this topic and trial/error over the last few days, this is what worked for me to get it working.

1) Download the demo for the plugin here: http://mvplugins.com/plugin/Terrax/Terrax Lighting System
2) Make a new game project and name it whatever you'd like (But maybe not the exact same name so you can tell the difference between the new game and your current game).
3) Transfer the data from the Terrax demo to your new game project and overwrite the new game's files with the Terrax demo's files.
4) Test that Terrax works on the demo'd version of the new game project you just made.
IF it worked then you can proceed. If it did not work then you may have transferred the files incorrectly or missed a file. It can also be that you are using an out-dated version of RPG Maker MV. The current version of MV up to date is Version 1.3.5
5) Now that you know it works, all that's left is to make the new game project with the working Terrax plugin to have the same data as your current game project. To do this, copy the data from the current game project to the working Terrax game project's folder. Transfer everything over EXCEPT the "index" html file AND the "game" RPGPROJECT File file. This step is crucial.
6) Once all of your data is transferred over, you will find that all of your plugins are kaput and empty. All that's needed is to add them back and fix your settings for them. This is why I suggested changing the name to something that is similar but that you can tell the difference. Just go back and forth between the two projects, add and update the settings for the plugins on the new project with the working Terrax.
7) For good measure, play through to make sure that everything is in order and works well with Terrax.

I hope this helps someone!!

IttleRPG

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the plugin Terrax! This work like a charm!

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi, I don't know if this has been answered yet but.. umm I'm trying use the DayNight cycle and want the lights to turn on and off during specific times. I set the SaveDaynightHours parameter to 18 so that the lights turn on at that time. The problem I'm facing at the moment is, that all light sources turn off after 23.

So how should I proceed if I want the light sources to be turned on from 18 to 5, and turned off at 6 for example? I've tried several options but I can't get it to work :/
If you set SaveDaynightHours to 18, that means the daynight hours can be read from gamevariable 18. you can use that gamevariable to script the lights going on and off. In the script below i named gamevariable 18 : Daynight cycle

◆If:Daynight cycle > 19
◆If:Self Switch A is ON
◆Plugin Command:Light on 2
◆Control Self Switch:A = OFF

:End

:Else
◆If:Daynight cycle < 6
◆If:Self Switch A is ON
◆Plugin Command:Light on 2
◆Control Self Switch:A = OFF

:Else
◆If:Self Switch A is OFF
◆Plugin Command:Light off 2
◆Control Self Switch:A = ON

Hi Terrax,

nice and cool TM but i got a problem, it looks like Lightning system dont come along with BindPicturestoMap.. alsways when both are on it comes

"Map is not defined" if i put of BPTM Lightning works, both on again "Map is not defined" Lignting off, then it works again.. is it possible to get it somehow to work?? would not want to miss my BindPicturesToMap
It's a known issue
This cannot be fix in my plugin, but the sollution is in this thread

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/terrax-lighting-system.49339/page-20#post-545645

1. It does not seem to work for me, if I won't use a version of TerraxLighting (currently 1.4.6) and TerraxLighting_Pixi3 (1.4.2) at the same time. Could I get rid of the Pixi version some how, since it seems to not have real effect as I use both?
If I turn Pixi version off, I get a "Undefined is not a function" error.
If I try to use only Pixi3 version, my Mog_TimeSystem goes nuts and starts to count time insanely fast.
When I use both versions simultaneously it seems to work fine with the time system.
Until...
Pixi3 is outdated and obsolete, do not use it together with any other versions. If version 1.4.6 does not work it means you have not updated your game-files for a while. Try to update your RPGmaker files to the current version (make backup before you start) .

The error message you have often occurs after updating the js scripts, but forgetting to update the index.html file.

Last edited:

Vollrat

Conqueror of Europe
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been getting the same error other's have been having, with the "undefined is not a plugin" and I'm getting this jamble of stuff when I press F8. undefined.png

Also, whenever I try disabling all of my plugins, I get these messages.undefined.png

Attachments

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've been getting the same error other's have been having, with the "undefined is not a plugin" and I'm getting this jamble of stuff when I press F8.
The error is generated when the scripts tries to access the PIXI (javascript graphics) library.
The library is located in the js/libs/ directory (files pixi.js + pixi-picture.js + pixi-tilemap.js) make sure you have updated those to
the current new version.

Repost : How to update MV to the current version

Upgrading isn't very hard, but make sure you always make a backup when you start (just zip up everything just in case)

1. Create a backup of your game.

2. Make sure RPG Maker MV is updated to the latest version

2. Create a new game in a different directory then your own game.

2. Go to your own game, delete all files in the js directory except the plugin directory and 'plugins.js'

4. Go to the js directory of the new game and copy all the files including the 'libs' subdirectory, but do not copy 'plugins.js'

5. Paste the new files into your game.

6. Almost done, only one file to go.

7. Go to your own game, and delete the index.html file in the main directory

8. Go to the main directory of the new game and copy index.html.

9. Paste index.html into your own game.

10. Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Meteo Chronicles is almost finished!
Always remember kids keep a copy of you email with your download code in it or you will never find it again in your email :kaocry:
Dragon quest IX just released a definitive edition that has a 2D top-down RPG mode for the entire game, AKA you can play the entire game as if it was made for super Nintendo, i WISH i didn't already buy the original version or else I would get this version to get some ideas for my game and honestly the story was tooooo boring for me to play again. Hmm I'm sure somebody will do a lets play in 2D mode on YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy32400