Terrax Lighting system

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Terrax, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Can you tell me exacly what your trying to accomplish.

2. cjewell77

cjewell77 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Great resource

3. Padramyr

Padramyr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for this great plugin! It's working fine and I really like the lights. But I'm still struggling with the DayNight Circle as I don't understand how it works.

Do I have to put that script into a script event? And do I have to put this event into every map?
    Unfortunately I don't know how to take a look at the demo. Inside that folder is just the js folder and the data folder.

I would be really happy if you could explain me what exactly I have to do in order to get the DayNight Circle to work :)

4. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    1)
    To set up the demo is easy. Just create a new game.
    RPGMaker -> create new project.
    Then find the new game on your harddisk, replace the JS and DATA folder with the folder from the demo.zip.

2) For the day-nightcycle to work on a map, all you need to do is put 'daynight' into the note-tag of that map.

3) The script i provided is for turning on lights at certain times, it has to be placed inside an event that runs paralel on
    each map you want to turn lights on and off depending on the time of day.

5. Padramyr

Padramyr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the help. But I've got the same problem as Mesajia. The screen gets darker und brighter when time passes so the cycle works but
    unfortunately the lights won't light up. I even copied one of your lights and all of your variables and switches just to be sure.

So my map has the "daynight" note-tag and my lights have the "Light 100 #FFFFFF 2" note. The script you posted is set to parallel. I provided some screenshots so maybe you can help me with that problem even though the words on the screenshots are sometimes in German. Am I missing something important?

ActualGame Pic.png ActualGame PicDay.png DayNightScript Pic.png Lamp Pic.png Map Pic.png Switches Pic.png TerraxLightning Pic.png TintScript Pic.png Variables Pic.png

6. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    New version (1.5.1) now available

http://mvplugins.com/plugin/Terrax/Terrax Lighting System

or

https://github.com/Terraxz/TerraxLighting

Update : Fixed a bug in the script for turning lights on and off.

Fixed it (download the new version 1.5.1) :)

After installing the new script, use this event-script for turning on/off lights in the daynight cycle (slightly changed from previous version)

Code:
    ◆If:HourofDay > 19
      ◆If:Self Switch A is OFF
        ◆Plugin Command:Light on 2
        ◆Control Self Switch:A = ON
        ◆
      :End
      ◆
    :Else
      ◆If:HourofDay < 6
        ◆If:Self Switch A is OFF
          ◆Plugin Command:Light on 2
          ◆Control Self Switch:A = ON
          ◆
        ◆
      :Else
        ◆If:Self Switch A is ON
          ◆Plugin Command:Light off 2
          ◆Control Self Switch:A = OFF
          ◆
        ◆
      ◆

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  7. Padramyr

Padramyr Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Now it's working! Thank you very much! ^.^
    You're great :D

8. Mesajia

Mesajia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, I must do something seriously wrong. It's totally embrassing, but it wont't work for me. I will attach some screenshots of my event setup and a list with my plugins, maybe you can help me. As you can see the screen tints correctly, but there's no light. The effect is working on other maps, where the light is always on. So I guess it's how I set up the event... I tried to put the code in a loop, but that won't work for me.

I'm so sorry, that I have to bother you again :/
    LaterneSeite1.PNG LaterneSeite2.PNG LaterneAbend.PNG
    I have them in this order:
    TerrayLightning
    SRD_SuperToolsEngine
    SRD_PluginUpdater
    SRD_HUDMaker
    LTN_Core
    LTN_QuestJournal
    CP_Star_Passability_Fix
    NoAutoshadow
    YEP_RegionRestrictions
    YEP_BattleEngineCore
    YEP_X_Animated_SV_Enemies
    YEP_X_ActSeqPack1
    YEP_X_ActSeqPack2
    YEP_X_ActSeqPack3
    OrangeMapshot
    Kaus_Ultimate_Overlay
    OuterSelfSwitch

9. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Can you give me a screenshot of the variables and terrax lighting plugin-settings?

10. Mesajia

Mesajia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sure.
    LaternePlugin1.PNG LaternePlugin2.PNG LaterneVariablen.PNG

11. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Everything seems to be set right, I've uploaded a new version with an improved daynight debug screen.
    Download 1.5.1 again, and install the script.
    Then in the game put a event with :

◆Plugin Command:daynight debug

This should show a screen with the current daynight time, and the variables and the value of those variables. They
    should run with the time if all goes well.

12. Diretooth

Diretooth Lv. 23 Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm having trouble understanding the Tint Set command, particularly the significance of the numbers. Right now, the darkest tint I want is 'Tint set #111111', but when I go to '#222222', it seems like a large leap in lighting to me. Is there a way to create a series of tint settings that more effectively transition from #1-> to #2->?
    (The reason why I'm not doing a fadein is because I'm using the lighting system for a horror game, and want the tint to change from lighter (#2->) to darker (#1->). What I want, particularly, is four in-between commands between the two.)
    If I can't do this, would you have any suggestions for how to achieve something similar to what I want?

13. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    For pure gray values, there is no real in between, but i've noticed that the color-jump realy depends a lot on the monitors brightness/contrast settings.
    Depending on the monitors settings cit can be between #1 and #2 or #2 and #3.
    As to a solution, a small work around could be to use dark-purple values to get some colors in between #1 and #2.
    Tint set #111111
    Tint set #2A112A 'This should be a pretty good in between value.
    Tint set #222222

14. Diretooth

Diretooth Lv. 23 Werewolf Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmm... That didn't work, the second one is just a more purple version of the third, but I appreciate the attempt. If I can't have in-betweens, then it's not the end of the world. I'll probably figure out a workaround. I actually have an idea that might work.
    Thanks for your prompt response.

EDIT:
    By using the native tint function of RMMV and setting the darkest needed tint at the 'dark' preset, then making it lighter first by eight, then by fives, I've made it so that it achieves what I needed.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  15. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    @Terrax: I have a switch to turn on/off a light. But the light itself doesn't show? No clue where to look to find the bug. The lighting that is prefixed when entering the map does work so I am at an end of my wits.

*Edit* Alright really weird but in the note tag of the switch I put B50-90 and then it shows. This is weird because I do not have to add B# to any lights that are permanently on the same map with the same note tag. Possible bug? At least it works so I am happy again :mrsatan:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  16. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    To make a light that you can turn on and off use : Light 100 #FFFFFF 1
    When you use this note-tag, the light will be off by default. So for the light to show up, you will need to call
    Plugin command : Light on 1

17. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    @Terrax: Yeah that's already done it's really the B50-90 that needs to be added to make it work for me. Probably some compatibility issue with one of the other plugins, but again already got a workaround so thanks for replying!

18. Xine

Xine Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey Terrax,

Awesome plug-in! I've already been using it heavily in my project. I just recently was using 1.5 and updated to 1.5.1, but I'm running into the same issue where the light doesn't move around events correctly. The strange thing is that sometimes the light moves for events as intended, and sometimes it kind of lags behind and catches up, but will lag behind if a character/event stops moving and then resumes movement once again. I'm more-so seeing this during auto-run cut scene events than during free-roaming game play.

19. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Because big map with lots of events caused to much lag, the plugin loads all events on map-change. If an event is removed its reloaded also, the events are also reloaded every 200 frames. So what your seeing is events catching up after 200 frames.

The only way this can happen, is when the event-count on the map remains the same, but events are moved by some way other then the default move-script. If your moveing events with a script some way you can manualy reload the events with 'plugin command : reload events'

I hope that command can fix your problems.

20. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm having a bit of trouble. I actually was using a very old version of you're plugin. 1.3.1 However you're latest versions appear not to work ... Not sure what to do at this stage. Other than perhaps get my plugin dude to design me a lighting plugin that works with my setup. But if you can give me a clue as to why this might be happening I would be most grateful. Like something major that changed between 1.3.1 and 1.5.1?

Tea's Jams likes this.