Terrax Lighting system

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Terrax, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Tea's Jams

Tea's Jams I'm human Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @RHachicho I don't know if this is your issue, but Terrax lighting stopped working for me suddenly once and it was the plug in order. I had added a plugin that was blocking it from working so I had to do some serious plugin rearranging to get it to work again. Have you added any new plugins lately(since the last time you actually saw Terrax lighting working)?

2. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Not at all. I simply replaced the JS file in my plugin's directory. and using the old plugin works. It literally has to be something to do with the plugin itself that has changed and is now probably clashing with something else I use. I strongly suspectthe plugin either changed to make use of a different image layer or make use of more image layers. As i also have a custom overlay plugin. I initially commissioned that overlay plugin to work with terrax lighting. But I'm guessing some change has rendered that moot.

I can upload the overlay plugin if that would help someone get to the bottom of this?

Tea's Jams likes this.
  3. Tea's Jams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeash... That's a bummer. He's (She's?) really great about working with people though, I'm sure as soon as he sees this he'll try to fix your problem. : )

RHachicho likes this.
  4. nothingongoth

nothingongoth Villager Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is it possible to fade out Events?
    Example: It's getting darker outside, but the sun stills up. The room I'm in is getting darker too, but through the window shines light in (Note Tag: Light 100 #CCCCCC D1). This event should slowly getting darker too (but lighter then the room itself). If I controlled it with Light on 1 / Light off 1 then I get an "puff - lights gone" - which seems unnatural.
    I know I could make an effect_on_event, but then I have to edit each event individually (changing the ID) and this seems like a lot of work.

5. clitvin

clitvin Veteran Veteran

Is there any way to place lights that does not cause the rest of the screen to go black?

6. RHachicho

RHachicho Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Place more lights? Honestly I don't think there is the idea of this plugin is that it overlays a black image onto the map and then the lights disrupt that black image. If you want to use the script on the map without having actual dark areas but rather to create that dank dungon feeling you will have to place lots of light sources. But it really isn't too hard to add lots of torch events that act as light sources. Adds a bit of animation to ur dungeons too.

7. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You can send me the plugin (i will also need the list of other addon's your using), or your compete game and i will take a look at the problem.

Currently there is no way to fade lights in or out. You could use the change color option, but that would take a lot of coding as well.
    Ill have a look at building in fading lights, its been a while since i had new requests and fade in/fade out shouldn't be to hard.

If you think the area is to dark, you can set it lighter with plugin command : Tint set #333333. (It will never be completly light, because to show light you always need darkness).

8. nothingongoth

nothingongoth Villager Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That would be super nice, but you shouldn't do it just for me. I'm more playing around with the maker, than making an actually game!
    But thanks for the respond :).

9. Crasher TN

Crasher TN Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    How can i alter a event radius instantly and slowly over time?

10. MisterTor

MisterTor Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Terrax,

This plugin is great! However, I've been trying to create a flashlight effect for the past day without any success.
    I'm just trying to create a way to switch on and off a flashlight for my player; I must be missing something..
    I've tried putting the example in with ' ' and without ' ', tried putting it in a state, an item, a common event, plugin command, note spaces, but it still doesn't work. The MC has no default light radius
    Also, I'm using v1.2.7. (An old version, but the effects I'm using seem pretty much identical to v1.5.1)
    If you could offer a simple walkthrough, that would be awesome.

(EDIT)
    Ultimately, I'm wanting the player to pick up the flashlight in the form of an item or equipment, and then be able to turn it on and off.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  11. dustyb13@gmx.com

dustyb13@gmx.com Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    It's dark outside and in dungeons like it's supposed to be but any battle random or otherwise is bright as day!
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

Tea's Jams likes this.
  12. Tea's Jams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In my game I combine the Terrax lighting plugin with screen tint. If you tint your screen to the night setting, the battles are in a night setting as well.

dustyb13@gmx.com likes this.
  13. Nectar

Nectar Fried Ore0s Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Excellent, simple, and effecient. However;

I there a way for me to be able to change an events light?

Also, is there a way to change the player's light radious? I followed as your help file said, doesnt work.

Please Pm me...

14. dustyb13@gmx.com

First Language:
    English
    Oh cool thank you. Is this possible using mog time plugin?

Tea's Jams likes this.
  15. Tea's Jams

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @dustyb13@gmx.com I wish I could answer that for you, but I don't use the mog time plugin. :)

dustyb13@gmx.com likes this.
  16. dustyb13@gmx.com

First Language:
    English
    Well i really do appreciate your time, may have to look into another plugin for time keeping. Thank you tho :)

Tea's Jams likes this.
  17. Alexandre

Alexandre Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hi Terrax,

I have encountered a strange interaction with RegionBlock.
    In a map with tiles with the RegionBlock property, I have placed some boxes for the player to pull.
    It is implemented as events which trigger on player touch:

◆Set Movement Route:This Event (Skip)
    :Set Movement Route:◇Move away from Player
    ◆Set Movement Route:Player (Skip, Wait)
    :Set Movement Route:◇Speed:3
    :Set Movement Route:◇1 Step Forward
    :Set Movement Route:◇Speed:4

While pulling boxs, when the map move with the player, the game suffers lags.
    The duration of the lags seems to be proportional with the number of RegionBlock tiles (with no lag at all if there is none of such tiles).

I first thought it was because of some strange interaction with another plugin, but I manage to reproduce it in a vanilla project.

Do you know what can possibly cause such slox-downs?

EDIT: May be it will be more clear with a sample map: https://www.mediafire.com/?8mx1ayh3khv6pjf

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  18. Mr. Detective

Mr. Detective NATO Special Operative Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Not sure what I am doing wrong, but the plug in commands don't work for me. If I try to enter one, the game would say "undefined is not a function". I tried to paste the command into the notebox of the event as well, but it didn't work either. :eek:

Also, if I add a dark tint to the map, the light effect will become darker as well. Anyway to increase the brightness so it won't be affected?

19. gerfunkable

gerfunkable Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    I just ran into this problem, but a earlier fix from Terrax solved it. If your using the latest version of Terrax Lighting, add this text after line 318:
    this.createLightmask(); //Kaus Ultimate overlay fix

I only say this because there is a bit of difference between that script and the latest, and not everyone is going to know where to put it. Also, make sure Kaus is underneath Terraxs scripts. Why this fix isn't implemented in it's current revision is a mystery to me as it would have saved me a few hours before I located the problem, and found the fix. Thanks

20. Skunk

Skunk Melody Master Veteran

First Language:
    English/Slavic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have question about this..
    Ive been using this lighting system with moghunters time system and set it up so that the lights come on at night time.
    The issue is that if a battle scene happens, its sooo darrkkk..
    How can I disable the tint screen or set up a custom one specifically for battle scenes?