Terrax Lighting system

gerfunkable

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I have question about this..
Ive been using this lighting system with moghunters time system and set it up so that the lights come on at night time.
The issue is that if a battle scene happens, its sooo darrkkk..
How can I disable the tint screen or set up a custom one specifically for battle scenes?
Skunk, I have done this too, but I have no issues now. Have you set up the mog time system as specified in the terrax documentation? There should be a read me file that you how to link the two systems together. I noticed that I was getting double tinted in battles and on maps before I changed it, so that might be the issue. However, I think there is a work around if you have a common event to run a plugin command to fix the tint, if that doesn't work.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Skunk, I have done this too, but I have no issues now. Have you set up the mog time system as specified in the terrax documentation? There should be a read me file that you how to link the two systems together. I noticed that I was getting double tinted in battles and on maps before I changed it, so that might be the issue. However, I think there is a work around if you have a common event to run a plugin command to fix the tint, if that doesn't work.
I actually finally ended up getting it working.
I had to use a series of conditional branches in a parallel process on each map that triggered the switch.
I had forgot the terrax lights need a switch to trigger it.
So I made the same switch that triggers "sunset" to trigger the lights and all works perfectly :)

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having a really hard time with the "tone" setting..
No matter what I set it too, it remains white.
Im very confused lol

Skyforger

Maker of the Sky
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems that the flashlight screws up it's position when using looping maps. Any fix for this?

unknownnumber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Yes, really good work!

Is it possible to creater corner lights? I know that D1-4 create wall lights, but a mixture would be cool.
So I could put a light in the top right corner and mix D1 and D2.

jackken123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How can I turn off flashlight in an event.
I put this in an event
"Flashlight 8 12 #ffffff 0 2"
And it surely have flashlight
And I put
"Light off 2" (plugin command)
in another event inside a choice.
But nothing happen
So I try
Flashlight off 2
Still can't
Then I try to put
"Light 250 #ffffff 1"
In another event
And use the choice in the other event which trigger
"Light off 1" (plugin command)
And I success.
Why I can turn off light, but I can't turn of flashlight?
Thanks for reading my question.
Hope for answer.

Dope

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the plugin! I was having problems with it at first but then I realized I needed to set the resolution, after which it worked just fine. However, even though I got it to work, no matter what I do I can't get it to work with region tiles. I can always just put individual events and get the same result but I'd like to get the region tile issue sorted out if possible. Has anybody that has gotten it to work have any suggestions? I'm using the default settings from the help file. The picture only shows the events with the plugin commands but I have a separate event to turn the lights on.

Edit:
I figured it out, well, I got the lights to work using Regionglow instead of Tileregion. I still can't get it to work with Tileregion but I'm good with Regionglow. Would it be possible to get the lights gradually turn on over a few frames instead of instantly turning on like a light switch? I tried fadein but that didn't work and I'm not sure if that is even supposed to work with Regionglow.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First: thanks for this awesome plugin.

I noticed hard lag and FPS loss (running at 5 fps) when using this plugin. After some testing seems to be related only to events set as "Fire". Can be reproduced with a large map with lot of "Fire" events. Setting the events to normal light sources solves the problem.

Ashfell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
trying to get this to work with mog timesystem but i cannot get it to work not sure what im doing wrong i followed the plugin instructions and did the plugin call and added it in the map notes but still not working. would be awesome if you could add a map in the demo to show how to set it up properly.

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, have a BIZARRE bug for you... (1.5.1, with 1.5.1)

If I set the "Kill Switch" option in the plugin parameters to "D" (and ONLY D), I will not be able to use the "Light on X" command to turn lights on.

Any other letter (A,B,C) or blank and it returns to working fine... *shrug*

LOVE the plugin, though! Thanks so much for creating and maintaining this! :D

.//SnowAlias

Do'er of Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but it seems to be bugging out with 1.5.1. I reverted to 1.4.0 since it helped with a lot of other issues I've had with the update. If I find out what the issue was I'll let you know.

Fantastic plugin by the way!

dawnsin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
am i able to use this for both commercial and non commercial projects?

JazzyRed

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To make the zoom work, you only have to increase the area of the screen in the plugin's settings.
Go to -> Plugin manager -> Double click the TerraxLighting plugin -> Scroll down -> Adjust ScreenSize X and ScreenSize Y
(double the value's if you want to zoom out by 100%)
I'm having a similar problem where I want to center the map on lightbulbs going out. But I keep getting the "failed to execute createradialgradient" problem. I tried doubling the screensizes, but that hasn't worked. Any clue on how I can fix this with the MapZoom plugin?

Vayne88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome plugins!

Last edited:

Aurawhisperer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there just red, green, and blue color for lighting or are there different ways of getting color?

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Terrax supports QABS, but is there any chance of adding an option for diagonal flashlight aiming?

I ask because the Q suite (including QMovement) is heavily based upon diagonal movement.

JLowther

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Another one...

Is there any way to change the numbered light radius of an event?

For example, I have:

Light 30 #d80225 8

What plugin command could I use afterwards to change the radius of this light?

ashyramoonwolf

Chibo's Keeper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want tint effect from moghunter! When i finally found how to deactivate the black layer two things happen OR, light effect is completely turned off. OR (and this is the worst) Light work BUT day after day screen is becoming or lighter, or darker

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tune in next time for our newest Episode: "PC issues return! Palm uses every swear in the lexicon!"
gotta update my game project thread page later
So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
Stumbled upon an RPG Maker game on Steam called 'Boobs vs Zombies' while looking for a zombie themed fantasy RTS. lol
There's a new born faction in my country called "Sunda Empire" claiming they have right to rule over the earth and sun... I don't know what to feel...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oxid