Terrax Lighting system

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Terrax, Nov 5, 2015.

1. dragon1up

dragon1up Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Using Pixi.js 4.0.0 and having some issues : Flashlight never seems to work, despite a direct copy and paste from the demo, region/tile blocking isn't working at all, it worked once and never again. Wondering if I have to revert to older versions of Pixi to get things working + any advice forum wise is great. And what codes for region lighting : RegionGlow

Reverted to an earlier version in the 1.5.0 demo but no luck.

Kind regards

dragon1up

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  2. Huassassin

Huassassin Villager Member

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When I try to create moving events(player action key>>event moves) with lighting on them the lighting doesn't follow them from the beggining. It snaps to them later on and then follows them smoothly. Does this happen to anyone else? ( My computer should not be the problem. It's a brand new budget gaming pc(~700$))
    Awesome plugin btw!

Edit: now it works..... (didn't change anything)
    Edit2: actually I did. If you have the same problem change the movement type from fixed to custom. It should be fixed after this.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    JLowther likes this.
  3. JLowther

JLowther Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Terrax Any chance of adding functionality to allow us to enable lights through plugin commands in event pages instead of just notes?

The current method makes it impossible to change the radius of a light source after it's been created, AFAIK.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  4. Alessio__O

Alessio__O Villager Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Terrax I've used your plugin in a free game called "The End of Warren's House" you can find and download or try at www.nbgstudio.com/en/
    This is for credit your amazing work! Thank you so much!

If you have the time to test the game and let me know what do you think it would be amazing.
    P.S.: Credits are also in game, If you want that I change the quote and/or write something else, just let me know.
    Thanks again.
    Alessio Corridori

5. Emanzi

Emanzi Ekamu Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    @Terrax I have some questions:

1. How do I check if the script is already active or inactive in game (just to check for conditional logic)?
    2. How do I remove the option of activating deactivating the script from the menu (the toogle/option is nice but it might interfere with game design)?
    3. How do I change the name in the menu option for toogling the script (something cool like Terrax Horror Effect)?

Thanks and Cool script

6. Tycho X

Tycho X Rampant AI Member

First Language:
    English
    @Terrax Hey, awesome plugin. Is it possible to make the torches fade away with time? I know there is radiusgrow and such but is it possible to set the 'torch lifetime' to, say, 5 minutes? If anyone has the answer to this please tag me. Thanks in advance.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: I tried using the "shrink" command as you had it in the demo, but the torch doesn't seem to shrink or vanish at all. The effect stays throughout the whole game. Which is a problem since the player is supposed to purchase multiple torches and reignite them whenever they go out.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  7. gattsbr

gattsbr Villager Member

First Language:
    english
  8. Dmax

Dmax Warper Member

First Language:
    italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Someone can help me? I have to spawn a switched off light but i don't know how to do.
    I realized a switch that "switch" on and off the light, but the scene must begin with the light switched off.
    Please help. Thanks to all for support

Edit: solved.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  9. Solis

Solis Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I got it to work via events.

10. ashyramoonwolf

ashyramoonwolf Chibo's Keeper Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, thanks for the good work.
    is there any way to make one of the followers having a light?

11. KainZero0133

KainZero0133 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was following along the tutorial video "RPG Maker MV Day and Night Clock System Tutorial" by Driftwood Gaming (The one after SumRndmDde's Clock Tutorial), and was trying to figure out how to get that to work with Terrax Lighting?

I managed to get a torch that turned on/off based on the time of day, but when I use any "Light 150 #FFFFFF" or other similar type of note, it blacks out the entire map, except where the light sources are. What I need help with is making it so that it only works by creating a light around my character at night when in an outside map or on the world map, as well as making light sources work at night too. Is there any way of making this work?

For more information on the clock system, it uses switches/variables and tinting the screen. I also added in a sun/moon light rays in the corner of the screen

Also, is there a way to change the characters light with events?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  12. ashyramoonwolf

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To get a day and night effect working with it, i used OrangeTimeSystem. With the plugin's add-on who make common event occur whenever we want (like each second, minute etc.) Then i Managed everything (including tint thanks to the Terrax command "
    ◆Commande de Module:Tint set #FFFFFF" ) This way i avoid a parallel process (wait 60 frame each second is not liked by phones. lol ) And i have a full control of terrax lightning (whenever tint is set to FFFFFF light disappear. so i simply change my tint value in the common event)
    There may be other plugin who make a common event run each second, minute, etc... But I litteraly used the first i seen to try it!

Edit: This also give me full control of what happen every second. Such as player location, etc... without the need of alternate plugin for this

Edit 2: By the way, try to set Tint of terrax to something else (I personnaly use Tint Set #333355 or #333377, This is because want a little blue shadow
    2017-12-28.png

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  13. KainZero0133

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ok thanks, I'll look into trying that plugin. I'm new to rpg maker as a whole (got mv on black friday) so it may take me a minute to sort it out since i just found terrax today lol.

14. KainZero0133

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    well, i still had issues making it all work together, but now im trying to stick with orange lighting, which is essentially terrax lighting. but now can't see the light around my character or any other light source. still figuring it out

15. ashyramoonwolf

First Language:
    french
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    when the tint is set to FFFFFF there is no light. Also be sure you didn't use the "killswitch" (you can set up a auto-switch (A, B, C, D) who turn the light of the event off)

16. KainZero0133

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I double checked on the killswitch, i have it set to D but it's not causing issues. Also, for light colors, I've been using this website to help http://www.color-hex.com/color/000000

17. ct_bolt

ct_bolt Creator Veteran

First Language:
    Javascript
  18. Tylerullery

Tylerullery Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey everyone I am having so many issues and been fighting with this plugin for hours and finally decided I need some help if anyone wouldn't mind. I tried following tutorials on how to make a torch but it still is not working. I am not trying to make a torch exactly but I thought some of the principles might apply.

I am making a system where you need a battery to shine a light that makes your field of vision bigger but drains the battery as you use it. The draining is working just no light showing.

Here is the event to activate the plugin.

[​IMG]

My plugin settings.

[​IMG]

My common event

[​IMG]

This is what it looks like in-game. The light that follows the player automatically just vanishes and even if you have the item that calls the event no light shows up. The game is supposed to be dark to where you can only see the screen with the light that is by default or by making it bigger using the flashlight.

[​IMG]

Thank you so much for any help I have watched tons of tutorials and followed them to the word and still cannot get it to work.

EDIT: I uploaded the photos in case the links did not work from Flickr

light event.JPG tarracx lihgting common.JPG tarrax light in game.JPG tarrax lighting.JPG light event.JPG tarracx lihgting common.JPG tarrax light in game.JPG tarrax lighting.JPG

19. thepurplecoachman

thepurplecoachman Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Such a beautiful plugin!...

I wonder if anyone knows how to make square lights as opposed to the native circular ones.....

20. Mesajia

Mesajia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello together,
    it's me again :) I have another problem with the plugin. It's not possible to turn it of in the plugin manager. Whenever I do so, the game crashes with "Type Error - undefinded is not a function". I enabled and disabled all my plugins to spot which one causes the trouble and Terrax Lighting System is the only plugin where it happens.