Terrax Lighting system

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Terrax, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Moo I editted the script to remove the delay by hand, hope I didn't mess anything...
    But... I don't remember exactly what I did anymore...

2. Niam

Niam Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've gone through all 61 pages and I'm still unable to find a solution to my problem. I have Terrax and MogTime, and I figured out the map note tag bug (Terrax changed the mapnote from mogtimesystem to mogtime at some point but never updated his moghunter compatibility manual). The issue I'm having is in maps where the mog hunter timesystem tint should work (like a town), if I throw ANY terrax light command on an event, the whole screen blacks out and only shows light related events and ignores the mogtime system. I've tried this with both terrax leading mogtime and mogtime leading terrax in the plugin order, and followed the tint instructions (disabling mog hunters tint removes time related tinting entirely). I'm loving Terrax for my caves and dungeons, but I can't make it work with towns, buildings that would have windows or anything else.

Has anybody RECENTLY (in the last 3-4 months) gotten the two to play nice with each other in respect to map tint and light in regard to time of day? I don't know if the problem is with terrax's script being over a year old since the last update, mogs being less than 5 months since the last update, or operator malfunction on my part.

Edit: I might have my problem. I was initializing the script in the opening cutscene and
    not after the actual game start.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  3. Snarkyfork

Snarkyfork Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey there, I got the Terrax Plugin to work properly with the Mog_TimeSystem plugin but I'm now wondering... can I set lights to come on at a certain hour or at nightfall like I could when I was using just the Terrax plugin alone? And if so, how would I do that?

Also, how do I change the tint of a certain time of day with this setup. The old methods don't seem to be working. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I figured out how to turn lights on and off at a certain time but changing the tint is still a mystery.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  4. DarkSearinox92

DarkSearinox92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Hi Terrax, i've a request... Yanfly has created a beautiful script for Options Menu. Remember that i've told you to configure an option for activate and deactivate the script? With this script your command desappear...

Can you configure it and make compatible this function with yanfly's script? It's This!

http://yanfly.moe/2018/04/13/yep-165-options-core-rpg-maker-mv/

There is a configuration in the plugin for make the function in the option menu.

Maybe you can post it in the first post!

I'll wait your notice :)

LunarViolet likes this.
  5. Niam

Niam Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Terrax hasn't posted or viewed the forum in 9 months. Try posting in the yanfly thread.

6. DarkSearinox92

DarkSearinox92 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Ah, really cool... T_T... but if i post in yanfly thread i don't know if someone can do something about it... because this is another script....

7. Anarcho-paladin

Anarcho-paladin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hey everybody. Such a nice plugin! A question, though (sorry if it has been asked already, I didn't take the time to read all the 62 pages of this thread...).

Is there a way to have lighting effects present in combat too? I mean, it feels kind of weird to crawl a dark dungeon, only to have fully lit battles within... I tried the "vanilla" Tint screen command, setting it to "dark", because it is kept during combat, but it then "adds" to the darkness created by the plugin to make something really, really dark on the map, and then perceptibly lighter during combat.

So I also tried something with this, from the plugin's help file:

I tried "Tint set #FFFFFF", thinking it would fix my problem, but using it so turns off any other lighting I can set on the map using the plugin, which defeats the purpose... Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

Edit: Strange, the plugin's tint command now seems to affect combat too... Well, a good thing it works!

Second edit: Well, no... I realized it's "working" in combat because I don't use any battleback, so the darkened map appears behind the combat itself... Battlebacks aren't affected by the tintscreen command, at least in my project. My question this remain; is there a way to have the plugin tintscreen command to affect combat as well? Or Am I missing something here?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  8. Anarcho-paladin

First Language:
    French
    Another question.

In my project, I have a dungeon in which some maps use the plugin lighting, and some don't. In those who don't I use the vanilla command "tintscreen" to the "Dark" preset (R: -68, G: -68, B: -68), and it gives a nice result. I'm trying to get the same finish with the plugin "tintscreen" command in the other maps, but so far, I haven't been able to get this right. I'm attaching a comparison image file for you to see what I mean.

On the left, you can see the vanilla "Dark" preset tinted screen. On the right, the plugin's tinted screen. It is the closest I could get from the original, by using the #987f46 hexadecimal color code in the plugin command. Two problems, though: First, it isn't quite the same tint, which is kind of awkward during game-play, as different maps don't have the same feel; Second, yo can see the right image is blurred compared to the left one. I don't know why, but the plugin seems to be "deleting" some black pixels when tinting.

So my question is, does anyone know how to reproduce the vanilla tintscreen "Dark" preset with the plugin?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

9. Anarcho-paladin

First Language:
    French
    Bump.

10. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, personal thought...
    The original author clearly abandoned this, so you have more chances of getting help making a topic in the Javascript/Plugin Support area...

11. Anarcho-paladin

First Language:
    French
    Indeed, @Terrax hasn't been seen active on this forum since June 19 2017... What a loss for the community!

I've been slowly reading through this thread, getting up to page 20, and some other people also asked for the same thing, but by page 17, Terrax explained it was not possible, as his plugin doesn't create light per see, but darkens the screen before "drilling" holes in this darkness veil to simulate light.

On page 5, @Ebontope claims to have been able to script the code in order to allow what I'm looking for, posting an image as a proof, but the solution proposed doesn't work; I tested it to no avail, and some other people reported the same failure in this thread subsequent pages.

Sooo... I tried different things you can compare on this new attached image.

[​IMG]

Bottom left is the vanilla "Dark" tint screen. Upper left is the plugin's tint command set at #aaaaaa. It is somewhat darker than the vanilla tint screen, but not that much, and the tileset details aren't that blurred, which is what bugs me the most. The light is quite dim, though, as per explained by Terrax, the plugin needs to create some darkness before being able to show some light. Bottom right is the plugin's tint command set at #B8860B, my new "closest". The color is beautiful, the light appears nicely, but the tileset blur is significant. Lastly, upper right, this same setting, but combined with the vanilla "Dark" tint screen setting; less tileset blur, but still there, redder and dim light.

That's as far as I could get. I'll have to choose between one of those options, I guess. I'm also considering using Terrax's suggestion to set every tint to #333333. Although it is quite dark, the map is still visible, the light comes out quite nicely.

Anyway... I guess this is it. I'll have a look at the Javascript/Plugin Support area, just in case, thanks @Waterguy.

Attached Files:

12. Jufry_A

Jufry_A Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I move the event with a script:
    Code:
    $gameMap.event(e).setPosition(x,y);
    and light has a delay about 2-3 seconds to move.

Please help ME!

13. Anarcho-paladin

First Language:
    French
    @Jufry_A
    I don't remember where, but I've seen discussions on this subject, on this thread or elsewhere. You should be able to find some answers with a search.

14. MaGicBush

MaGicBush Game Creator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I am trying to use this plugin, and it seems to work ok other than I cannot for the life of me get the flashlight to work. I have tried putting "Flashlight on 8 12 #FFFFFF 3" as the manual says in events, tying it to a item, and using common events, but nothing seems to make the flashlight effect work. Torch effects(including as an item you can equip), and everything else seems to work normally including when I give the flashlight to an NPC via the note box. The odd thing is when I load up the demo the flashlight seems to work. So I copy and pasted how he did it and it still doesn't work when I equip it? It shows the text "You turned the flashlight on," but it seems to keep ignoring the actual plugin command for it to come on. I also tried disabling all my plugins(which is only a couple anyways). I see a few others have asked this question and no one answered so this is probably a long shot, but maybe someone figured this out?

*edit*

I fixed it! It was wierd because if I equipped a torch, and then the flashlight it would work while the torch was on. Funnily my son was playing and figured this out, and I had an idea if you set the default radius of light around the player to 0 then the flashlight will not work for some reason. However if you set it to like 75 so you can only see the player the flashlight works!

Also since I solved that I had one more question if anyone knows or can help. I have a pixel movement system I use, and I can move diagonally in game, is there some way to make the flashlight work diagonally as well?

*edit again*

I am using Galv's pixel movement, and looking at the Terrax script I found where in the script he does the cone effect for the 4 directions, and in Galv's script what he uses for the additional 4, but I don't know enough about js yet to fix it to work unfortunately. Maybe one day after I learn more lol, or I may just try playing around with it. I guess I will just have to turn diagonal movement off for now unless I can figure it out or someone is kind enough to share if they have got this working.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  15. Ellisvox

Ellisvox Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Hi Terrax,
    I'm trying to implement your lightningplugin in my game. However, I have an event that is moving a route. I have put a tag with
    "Light 100 #CCCCCC"on it, but It will only show light on start and end of the event, not during the walking. Any ideas for me how to proceed?

16. KillerGin

KillerGin Freddie Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey guys!!

I updated MV to 1.6.1 finally (I was using a much older version for a while) and now it seems terry lighting seems to lag a lot now whereas on the old version it didn't lag. If I turn off terry lighting the game runs smooth and now with terrax I lose 10 frames a second now... anyone run into this issue?

17. Raven Burns

Raven Burns Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have this exact same problem, it is not looking good. If you switch to windowed mode there is no lag at all, but if you go into fullscreen it drops by almost 12 fps no matter what you do. I really hope a fix comes for this as me and my team have been working on a blockbuster for about 5 years and we have just noticed this problem. I think we may have to find another script, :(

EDIT: It seem this plugin has been getting some good reputation, you guy's should come check it out. We haven't yet, but unfortunetely terrax is a done for plugin with this issue. Come over to this fourm and see for yourself. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/lighting-and-time-editor-continued.86409/

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  18. bazrat

bazrat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for that link!

19. Cute Fox Productions

Cute Fox Productions Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Scottish
    Is there a video demonstration of how to work these plugins?

Edit: never mind I found this video and it helped me a lot :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  20. digeV

digeV Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i doesn't work for me, anyone know how to work (terrax and mog time system) ?