Terrax Lighting system

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Terrax, Nov 5, 2015.

1. MegaBits

MegaBits Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I have fires that the player can activate which will light a "torch" around the player so they can see in the dark. I just use the plugin command: "Fire radius 200 #FFAAAA 1" I added the 1 in so once a player leaves this area, they don't have the torch anymore. Well, the fire radius around the player stays no matter what. I've tried "Light off 1" and "Fire off 1" with plugin commands, but nothing seems to turn off the fire radius around the player.. I have no idea how to fix this, any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
    Mega

2. AestheticGamer

AestheticGamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    To go out instantly:
    Light radius 0 #FFFFFF

If you want it to dim out:
    Light radiusgrow 0 #FFFFFF

(replace FFFFFF with whatever color value, though if instantly disappearing it won't really matter.)

3. bazrat

bazrat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ive been trying to the same thing he has except with a normal light, i add a number at end and try to turn it off using the plugin command but what ends up happening is the light never turns on in the first place when i associate a number after the color #

4. MikuFromPH

MikuFromPH Villager Member

First Language:
    Filipino, Engli
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have messaged Terrax about this... I hope he replies.

5. Ilovepapayas

Ilovepapayas Villager Member

First Language:
    german
    Terrax, I love Your Lighting Plugin, because its simple and easy to set up, but also very very powerful. I'm using it now in a cooperative game where player 2 takes the control over one of the players followers

Would it be possible to add a light source to follower with id x like on events?

Thank You for that great Plugin!

6. AestheticGamer

AestheticGamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You need to turn on the light before entering the scene, by using a command which I believe off the top is "Light on #" via a plug-in command. The Numbered Lights are off by default unless you turn them on via a plug-in command sometime before (doesn't even need to be on the same map, it can be long before the light appears, it just needs to be turned on at some point).

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    bazrat likes this.
  7. MJLauren

MJLauren Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    EDIT: I figured these issues out (except the missing demo file lol) ^.^ Very cool plugin!

________________________________________________________________________________
    (orig post)
    I have a game where the premise is that it's NIGHT all the time until it's fixed, how do I lock the Daynight cycle to just show one value all the time? (night) Then I want to be able to turn it off with a conditional branch when the game is won... (Edit: Looks like putting a huge "light" into the center of the map will solve this problem)

Also, I'd like to have an area too dark to enter until the character gets a torch. Is there a way to set the default player-radius off until a switch is triggered?

I feel like these are probably simple things, but I can't figure out how to do them after a couple hours looking through this thread... Also can't figure out how to get the demo project to open (there's no game file?? how do I open a demo with no game file??)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  8. Hanamir

Hanamir Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    can I use just the lighting effects with the radii and different things only on events without darkening the whole screen? Thanks!

9. ViperUK98

ViperUK98 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  10. Ultimacj

Ultimacj Cookie Knight Veteran

First Language:
    Englist
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I get "children" undefined the moment I add the plugin to the plugin list and the game crashes even w/o activating the plugin. This word is obviously in the script (I looked at it). Any reason for this? Thanks

11. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The plugin works fine out of the box. It's probably having a conflict with another plugin--I know it doesn't play well with some of the moghunter plugins, so that could be it.

12. Ultimacj

First Language:
    Englist
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It seems after testing with various plugins (my project mostly contain MogHunter [can't help it, he/she has some GREAT ones]) the one that conflicts it with is the Mog Hunter Treasure Pop ups (for treasure chests when obtaining an item). Several parts of the script has "children" in it for the script. Any way to cure this other than disabling the plugin(s)? I'm no programmer so I have no idea if the wording needs to be different what not. Otherwise great plugin love the lightning, be a shame not to use it due to this conflict....

13. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You could always try changing the order around, but some plugins just don't work well with certain other plugins, and this is one of them. Since Terrax seems to have fallen off the face of the planet, you might be out of luck if you're dead set in using your current list of plugins. There's a few other lighting plugins out there that you could try, but I forget who made them so you'll have to dig around a bit.

Also, in programming, "child/children" generally refers to something that is owned by something else. for example, given this xml structure:

Code:
    <pets>
        <pet type="dog" name="fido"/>
        <pet type="dog" name="bowser"/>
        <pet type="cat" name="pete"/>
        <pet type="fish" name="nemo"/>
    </pets>
    Each "pet" is a child element of "pets."

14. miani

miani Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Is there a way to change the light setup of an event using a plugin command? I want to change a LIGHT event to a FIRE effect when the player gets near to simulate a flickering effect.

The only way I managed to do it was creating 2 events and exchaging their positions at the same time that I deactive the light of one and activate the other.

Here's a video of my test project, it's working but it's far from ideal:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  15. III_ECS7_III

III_ECS7_III Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I'm currently having issues with Terrax lighting on RPG Maker MV.

When I start up a battle against an A.I, this code shows up.

Can anyone explain?

This is the code by the way

"Game Has Encountered An Error, Please Report It"

TypeError: Cannot set property 'visible' of undefined

at Scene_Map.enableWeatherEXField (MOG_Weather_EX.js:610:42)
    at Scene_Map.snapForBattleBackground (MOG Weather_EX.js:589:44)
    at Scene_Map.updateEncounterEffect (rpg_scenes.js:864:18)
    at Scene_Map.update (YEP_CoreEngine.js:1425:32)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2024:25)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (YEP_X_CoreUpdatesOpt.js:7951:12)
    at Function.SceneManager.update (YEP_X_CoreUpdatesOpt.js7930:10)

Can anyone explain this to me? It would be really helpful to understand this.

16. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ^ Try switching the order of mog weather and terrax. I don't know if it'll help, but I recall some people saying that it does. As mentioned in one of my previous posts though, mog plugins and terrax lighting don't always play well together, which personally I find a bit funny because part of Terrax's plugin was made specifically to work with certain mog plugins.

17. Ultimacj

First Language:
    Englist
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thanks for the info Aesica! Would be NICE if the original author replied. I've researched to see if there are any other good treasure pop up plugins/scripts but they're really isn't or they don't work at all. Which is odd, there is lots of scripts for RMVX for treasure pop ups but little to none for MV. I may make my own treasure chest event with pictures to make up for this. This is a really nice plugin and doesn't demand much unlike KHAS's lighting (although it is nice as well)

It's only the treasure pop up which isn't essential for my project (thank GOD), if it was something else like the World Map or battle hud then yeah I'd be out of luck with this lighting plugin. Thanks again.

18. Ravens_Key_Games

Ravens_Key_Games Diana's B&B Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Today I try this plugin.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  19. Ravens_Key_Games

Ravens_Key_Games Diana's B&B Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can I have an example of how to associate the light with an event that is under control of the switch activation and does not add any obscurity to the entire map?

20. bazrat

bazrat Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just want to recommend to everyone to give OcRams lighting plugin a try https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ights-plugin-v2-00-updated-2019-09-06.108614/

His 2.0 version fixed alot of the fps drops we get in other lighting plugins including terrax. Once he gets the tile lighting part ready it will have nearly every feature that terrax had plus some AND he is an active plugin dev. Time to let the past go sometimes xD

If you have been using terrax on a long term project probably best to not switch, this post is mainly for new viewers that are shopping around for lighting plugins.