Terrax Lighting system

MegaBits

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I have fires that the player can activate which will light a "torch" around the player so they can see in the dark. I just use the plugin command: "Fire radius 200 #FFAAAA 1" I added the 1 in so once a player leaves this area, they don't have the torch anymore. Well, the fire radius around the player stays no matter what. I've tried "Light off 1" and "Fire off 1" with plugin commands, but nothing seems to turn off the fire radius around the player.. I have no idea how to fix this, any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
Mega

AestheticGamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I have fires that the player can activate which will light a "torch" around the player so they can see in the dark. I just use the plugin command: "Fire radius 200 #FFAAAA 1" I added the 1 in so once a player leaves this area, they don't have the torch anymore. Well, the fire radius around the player stays no matter what. I've tried "Light off 1" and "Fire off 1" with plugin commands, but nothing seems to turn off the fire radius around the player.. I have no idea how to fix this, any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
Mega
To go out instantly:
Light radius 0 #FFFFFF

If you want it to dim out:
Light radiusgrow 0 #FFFFFF

(replace FFFFFF with whatever color value, though if instantly disappearing it won't really matter.)

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
To go out instantly:
Light radius 0 #FFFFFF

If you want it to dim out:
Light radiusgrow 0 #FFFFFF

(replace FFFFFF with whatever color value, though if instantly disappearing it won't really matter.)
Ive been trying to the same thing he has except with a normal light, i add a number at end and try to turn it off using the plugin command but what ends up happening is the light never turns on in the first place when i associate a number after the color #

LunarViolet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino, Engli
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Terrax, i've a request... Yanfly has created a beautiful script for Options Menu. Remember that i've told you to configure an option for activate and deactivate the script? With this script your command desappear...

Can you configure it and make compatible this function with yanfly's script? It's This!

http://yanfly.moe/2018/04/13/yep-165-options-core-rpg-maker-mv/

There is a configuration in the plugin for make the function in the option menu.

Maybe you can post it in the first post!

I'll wait your notice :)
I have messaged Terrax about this... I hope he replies.

Ilovepapayas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Terrax, I love Your Lighting Plugin, because its simple and easy to set up, but also very very powerful. I'm using it now in a cooperative game where player 2 takes the control over one of the players followers

Would it be possible to add a light source to follower with id x like on events?

Thank You for that great Plugin!

AestheticGamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ive been trying to the same thing he has except with a normal light, i add a number at end and try to turn it off using the plugin command but what ends up happening is the light never turns on in the first place when i associate a number after the color #
You need to turn on the light before entering the scene, by using a command which I believe off the top is "Light on #" via a plug-in command. The Numbered Lights are off by default unless you turn them on via a plug-in command sometime before (doesn't even need to be on the same map, it can be long before the light appears, it just needs to be turned on at some point).

Last edited:

MJLauren

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: I figured these issues out (except the missing demo file lol) ^.^ Very cool plugin!

________________________________________________________________________________
(orig post)
I have a game where the premise is that it's NIGHT all the time until it's fixed, how do I lock the Daynight cycle to just show one value all the time? (night) Then I want to be able to turn it off with a conditional branch when the game is won... (Edit: Looks like putting a huge "light" into the center of the map will solve this problem)

Also, I'd like to have an area too dark to enter until the character gets a torch. Is there a way to set the default player-radius off until a switch is triggered?

I feel like these are probably simple things, but I can't figure out how to do them after a couple hours looking through this thread... Also can't figure out how to get the demo project to open (there's no game file?? how do I open a demo with no game file??)

Last edited:

Hanamir

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can I use just the lighting effects with the radii and different things only on events without darkening the whole screen? Thanks!

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
I get "children" undefined the moment I add the plugin to the plugin list and the game crashes even w/o activating the plugin. This word is obviously in the script (I looked at it). Any reason for this? Thanks

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I get "children" undefined the moment I add the plugin to the plugin list and the game crashes even w/o activating the plugin. This word is obviously in the script (I looked at it). Any reason for this? Thanks
The plugin works fine out of the box. It's probably having a conflict with another plugin--I know it doesn't play well with some of the moghunter plugins, so that could be it.

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
It seems after testing with various plugins (my project mostly contain MogHunter [can't help it, he/she has some GREAT ones]) the one that conflicts it with is the Mog Hunter Treasure Pop ups (for treasure chests when obtaining an item). Several parts of the script has "children" in it for the script. Any way to cure this other than disabling the plugin(s)? I'm no programmer so I have no idea if the wording needs to be different what not. Otherwise great plugin love the lightning, be a shame not to use it due to this conflict....

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could always try changing the order around, but some plugins just don't work well with certain other plugins, and this is one of them. Since Terrax seems to have fallen off the face of the planet, you might be out of luck if you're dead set in using your current list of plugins. There's a few other lighting plugins out there that you could try, but I forget who made them so you'll have to dig around a bit.

Also, in programming, "child/children" generally refers to something that is owned by something else. for example, given this xml structure:

Code:
<pets>
    <pet type="dog" name="fido"/>
    <pet type="dog" name="bowser"/>
    <pet type="cat" name="pete"/>
    <pet type="fish" name="nemo"/>
</pets>
Each "pet" is a child element of "pets."

miani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Is there a way to change the light setup of an event using a plugin command? I want to change a LIGHT event to a FIRE effect when the player gets near to simulate a flickering effect.

The only way I managed to do it was creating 2 events and exchaging their positions at the same time that I deactive the light of one and activate the other.

Here's a video of my test project, it's working but it's far from ideal:

Last edited:

III_ECS7_III

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I'm currently having issues with Terrax lighting on RPG Maker MV.

When I start up a battle against an A.I, this code shows up.

Can anyone explain?

This is the code by the way

"Game Has Encountered An Error, Please Report It"

TypeError: Cannot set property 'visible' of undefined

at Scene_Map.enableWeatherEXField (MOG_Weather_EX.js:610:42)
at Scene_Map.snapForBattleBackground (MOG Weather_EX.js:589:44)
at Scene_Map.updateEncounterEffect (rpg_scenes.js:864:18)
at Scene_Map.update (YEP_CoreEngine.js:1425:32)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2024:25)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (YEP_X_CoreUpdatesOpt.js:7951:12)
at Function.SceneManager.update (YEP_X_CoreUpdatesOpt.js7930:10)

Can anyone explain this to me? It would be really helpful to understand this.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
^ Try switching the order of mog weather and terrax. I don't know if it'll help, but I recall some people saying that it does. As mentioned in one of my previous posts though, mog plugins and terrax lighting don't always play well together, which personally I find a bit funny because part of Terrax's plugin was made specifically to work with certain mog plugins.

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for the info Aesica! Would be NICE if the original author replied. I've researched to see if there are any other good treasure pop up plugins/scripts but they're really isn't or they don't work at all. Which is odd, there is lots of scripts for RMVX for treasure pop ups but little to none for MV. I may make my own treasure chest event with pictures to make up for this. This is a really nice plugin and doesn't demand much unlike KHAS's lighting (although it is nice as well)

It's only the treasure pop up which isn't essential for my project (thank GOD), if it was something else like the World Map or battle hud then yeah I'd be out of luck with this lighting plugin. Thanks again.

Ravens_Key_Games

Diana's B&B
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Today I try this plugin.

Can I have an example of how to associate the light with an event that is under control of the switch activation and does not add any obscurity to the entire map?

Last edited by a moderator:

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I just want to recommend to everyone to give OcRams lighting plugin a try https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/ocram-lights-plugin-v2-00-updated-2019-09-06.108614/

His 2.0 version fixed alot of the fps drops we get in other lighting plugins including terrax. Once he gets the tile lighting part ready it will have nearly every feature that terrax had plus some AND he is an active plugin dev. Time to let the past go sometimes xD

If you have been using terrax on a long term project probably best to not switch, this post is mainly for new viewers that are shopping around for lighting plugins.

cedr777

Lead developer of "Charao Life"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Suddenly getting a massive Lag on some maps with lighting enabled.
Edit: Found the Issue; TerraxLighting and YEP_X_MapQuestWindow
Doesn't happen all the time but when it does, there is a massive lag that halts framerate
to a crawl.

Edit: It seems that moving to a map with a lot of events causes this issue, not just with TerraxLighting. I found a solution here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think I'll stick with MV for now - my next big entertainment purchase is already made: Rust on PS4 babbbyyyy!
Great, now that I am finally motivated again to work on my project, a new RPG Maker comes out. A part of me wants the new Maker to be really good, and the other part wants it to flop so I won't be enticed to abandon all of my work. The dream would be if you could convert your project somehow.
Imagine after all this time, its RPG Maker MV Ace?:p Even if it has huge improvements, that would just be disappointing somehow xD Whatever it is, i hope its not chibi...
Kes
Came up with a good name for something. Checked on internet - device trademark filed in India 2017. Back to the drawing board.
I want to see the Features of the new RPG Maker.. NOW!!
Can't wait for it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barne1s