Terrax Lighting system

MadMaurix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Terrax, I am using GALV_DiagonalMovement, so far only player movement.
I am asking primarly about flashlight effect.
Do you solve your problem, i need solve that to.

Terrax supports QABS, but is there any chance of adding an option for diagonal flashlight aiming?

I ask because the Q suite (including QMovement) is heavily based upon diagonal movement.
I need that to! HEEELP! :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
It seems it ALSO doesn't work with the Mog Hunter EVENT TEXT either. It doesn't crash, it just doesn't *work*. If I turn off TerraLighting, it works, if left on it doesn't. Tis a shame this is such a nice plugin too! The only way to work around this is to make custom picture events.

Anarcho-paladin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Unfortunately, Terrax has abandoned the development and support of his awesome plugin a long time ago and nobody seems to have taken the task were he left it... The fact that people are still using it and posting on the subject here is a sign there is definitely a need for some lighting features in RPG Maker.

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other

Anarcho-paladin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses

bazrat

Pixel Game Maker MV
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Gosh, that looks awesome! And if what is said on the plugin's thread is true, it is compatible with Terrax's! That mean I won't have to redo all over again what I have already done with Terrax. I haven't tested it yet, though, but I sure will.

Edit: Thanks @bazrat !
Yea im not sure with the latest version of ocrams, but when i was first testing it as long as terrax is infront of ocrams they function together!

Last edited:

Anarcho-paladin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Yea im not sure with the latest version of ocrams, but when i was first testing it as long as terrax is infront of ocrams they function together!
I guess we'll just have to be careful, then. Still, I'm very enthusiastic about this!

Peva

Don't overwhelm yourself. Set small goals.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question! In the data for the plugin it says...
1. Put an event switch into the map.

What is an event switch? I guess I don't understand. I know what an event is and I know what a switch is, but I guess I don't understand both. Also, the demo included in the download seems incomplete.

EDIT: Okay, I think I get what it means now, but now my game crashes as soon as I open it?

Attachments

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That error means you're probably using an incompatible plugin. Several of the mog plugins don't play well with Terrax, and need to be either ordered a certain way or one just needs to be cut out entirely.

Peva

Don't overwhelm yourself. Set small goals.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, good to know. I'm using the treasure popup plugin with MOG.

It works now that I put it below this plugin. Thanks so much for your quick response!

joepmeloen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm trying to get a lighthouse / sirene effect with this plugin, maybe I need to use some effects with rotating images?But it doesn't look all that good, anyone has an idea on how to acconplish this?

harkins2011

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If anyone is having trouble using the plugin command 'TileRegion', Terrax made a typo in the documentation/help file. Rather, it should be 'RegionLight'. e.g.
Code:
 RegionLight 255 ON #FFFFFF 150

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, do you know if in this scripts, lights that are not on screens turns off for avoid lag problems? Or they are always on, even if the radious is not on the screen?
Terrax seems to be desappeared... :(

joepmeloen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not try it out yourself.
There is also a plugin command to turn off the whole script.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Why not try it out yourself.
There is also a plugin command to turn off the whole script.

How can i check a thing like this? I'm not be able to read the code. And yes, i know that there is a plugin command, but i won't turn off the whole script. I only want to know if lights turn autoamtically off when they are out of screen, to avoid lag problem.

joepmeloen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think they turn off when off screen.
But you could turn of individual lights. So maybe its an idea to create a parallel tjatvruns and checks the tileID. When player is tileidx turn on lights 1
If player is on another tileid switch off lights 1 and turn on lights 2.

Are you sure the refigerator lights are turned off when you close the door ;-)

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Almost positive they don't turn off. At one point, I screwed up and left a region light on that was ALL OVER my overworld (the oceans) and...yeah it slowed things to a crawl until I fixed that.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I recently stumbled onto a problem with the RegionBlock command. For some reason it does not fully block the region only puts a semi transparent cover over it.
Picture:
https://imgur.com/XTsjntq.png

This is how it looks in the editor.
https://imgur.com/uiZDG25.png

Anyone have any idea what could be causing it?
I'm going to go ahead and guess that the "semi-transparent color" matches the tint setting for the current map when no lights are present. Regionblock doesn't make a square completely black, it just says, "don't apply any light here"

cedr777

Lead developer of "Charao Life"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Help, it's been a while since I touched this plugin but I have forgotten:
In map properties<tint:false> is this command for
Terrax Plugin or for Khas Ultra lighting?(why I am avoiding to use like the plague) because i might have mixed up the two and bec. Khas' Ultra lighting plugin has very poor documentation.

EDIT: tried to remove it from the map properties and it does nothing, so I guess it is for Khas Ultra lighting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Good lord this is taking forever, I'm not even out of the opening really and I've still got hours worth of work to do before I get to the main gameplay loop. Orphan of Time will probably be done some time next year, If I'm lucky.
Finally the new pc is working!! But it seems a lost my license to Windows 10 because of the hardware changing :(
Tune in next time for our newest Episode: "PC issues return! Palm uses every swear in the lexicon!"
gotta update my game project thread page later
So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosyNoodle