Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to turn light off in specified map, not in all entire game?
I using Terrax Lighting only.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How to turn light off in specified map, not in all entire game?
I using Terrax Lighting only.
All lights for a given map?

I'd just use the Light deactivate plugin command to turn it off upon loading the map in question. Then, when leaving that map, Light activate to turn it back on

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All lights for a given map?

I'd just use the Light deactivate plugin command to turn it off upon loading the map in question. Then, when leaving that map, Light activate to turn it back on
Yes, all lights.
I have another question: How to make equipment that gives light?
I tried to use common event, but it doesn't work. It seems that I need to make torch items.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You mean like a sword that you equip for light? You'll need a plugin that can execute a script call or common event etc on equip/unequip. I think there's a yanfly plugin that does that, but not sure. Personally, I found it easier (and better for the player since you're not forcing an equipment slot to take a torch) to just make torch items that call the necessary common events

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You mean like a sword that you equip for light? You'll need a plugin that can execute a script call or common event etc on equip/unequip. I think there's a yanfly plugin that does that, but not sure. Personally, I found it easier (and better for the player since you're not forcing an equipment slot to take a torch) to just make torch items that call the necessary common events
Yes. I wanted to make Lamp armor that must be equipped for light.
I even tried to use Conditional Branch+ plugin, but it still doesn't work.
Until I found a solution to this problem, I’m thinking of abandoning this idea and creating torch items in the game.

Also, I wonder how to use this plugin in gameplay? For now I understand that lights can be used only to make dungeon crawling harder. Because monsters cannot be seen in the dark.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. I wanted to make Lamp armor that must be equipped for light.
I even tried to use Conditional Branch+ plugin, but it still doesn't work.
Until I found a solution to this problem, I’m thinking of abandoning this idea and creating torch items in the game.

Also, I wonder how to use this plugin in gameplay? For now I understand that lights can be used only to make dungeon crawling harder. Because monsters cannot be seen in the dark.
The armor approach might work, but you'd need a few plugins to make it happen. Specifically, Yanfly's auto passive states and buffs & states core. The idea is that you'd have a passive state attached to your lamp armor, and that state would have these note tags:

<Custom Apply Effect>
$gameMap._interpreter.pluginCommand("light", ["radius", "300", "#ffffff"]);
</Custom Apply Effect>

<Custom Remove Effect>
$gameMap._interpreter.pluginCommand("light", ["radius", "1", "#000000"]);
</Custom Remove Effect>

You'll probably want to change the values in the custom apply effect (300, #ffffff) to whatever you for your light source, but it should work. In theory anyway.

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The armor approach might work, but you'd need a few plugins to make it happen. Specifically, Yanfly's auto passive states and buffs & states core. The idea is that you'd have a passive state attached to your lamp armor, and that state would have these note tags:

<Custom Apply Effect>
$gameMap._interpreter.pluginCommand("light", ["radius", "300", "#ffffff"]);
</Custom Apply Effect>

<Custom Remove Effect>
$gameMap._interpreter.pluginCommand("light", ["radius", "1", "#000000"]);
</Custom Remove Effect>

You'll probably want to change the values in the custom apply effect (300, #ffffff) to whatever you for your light source, but it should work. In theory anyway.
Okay:
1)I was installed Yanfly's auto passive states and buffs & states Core;
2)Created passive state Light with your script;
3)Added Passive state Light to Lamp armor via <Passive State:>.
And it doesn't work. Armor gives no light.
I have no idea what I need to do next.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's not working? Is the state applying upon equip? You can test this by giving the state an icon and see if that icon shows up on the menu/battle when equipped, and that it disappears when removed. If this part does work, try the following to make sure the apply/remove scripts are firing:

<Custom Apply Effect>
console.log("Armor equipped");
</Custom Apply Effect>

<Custom Remove Effect>
console.log("Armor removed");
</Custom Remove Effect>

Then open your debug console (F10) when the game is running, then try equipping/unequipping the armor. Does it show anything in the debug console?

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's not working? Is the state applying upon equip? You can test this by giving the state an icon and see if that icon shows up on the menu/battle when equipped, and that it disappears when removed. If this part does work, try the following to make sure the apply/remove scripts are firing:

<Custom Apply Effect>
console.log("Armor equipped");
</Custom Apply Effect>

<Custom Remove Effect>
console.log("Armor removed");
</Custom Remove Effect>

Then open your debug console (F10) when the game is running, then try equipping/unequipping the armor. Does it show anything in the debug console?
No light appears upon equipping armor. But state applies.
I have Steam version 1.6.2
There is prototype: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8qxxajtbl4f70ct/TerraxEquipment.zip/file

Moreover, some plugins do not work together with the Auto-Passive States plugin. It gives "Maximum call stack size exceeded” error in battle screen.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, hmm. In that case then yeah, I'd just make usable torch items. That's actually what I did in my game since it lets players keep their preferred equipment and its easier for the developer. Win/win really.

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, hmm. In that case then yeah, I'd just make usable torch items. That's actually what I did in my game since it lets players keep their preferred equipment and its easier for the developer. Win/win really.
I think so too. It seems that the plugin does not work with equipment. It can only work with items.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, somebody is able to take the project of Terrax and continue to modify and improve it? I think that Terrax will not return again here... :(

Morizel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, somebody is able to take the project of Terrax and continue to modify and improve it? I think that Terrax will not return again here... :(
Well, someone must take permission from Terrax at first.
Then there is at least two things that must be improved: optimization (this plugin works hard in the weak computers) and use equipment feature.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll just say that, on multiple occasions, I've considered picking this plugin up and continuing it myself...until I open it up and look at the code. Let's just say the last bit in the plugin's comment section sums things up nicely:

Code:
//  ps.. if my code looks funky, i'm an old guy..
// object orientated programming bugs the hell out of me.
Needless to say, I'm pretty sure this is why nobody's picked it up yet. If anyone does, I wish them luck, but if not, maybe after I finish my current project, I'll write my own based on this plugin. It really will need to be all new code, though. :(

(Disclaimer: This is merely a musing, not a commitment)

Raexxar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, did anyone know terrax lightning symbol for options menu? I need it because i'm using SRD Options plugin with categories.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I'll just say that, on multiple occasions, I've considered picking this plugin up and continuing it myself...until I open it up and look at the code. Let's just say the last bit in the plugin's comment section sums things up nicely:

Code:
Needless to say, I'm pretty sure this is why nobody's picked it up yet. If anyone does, I wish them luck, but if not, maybe after I finish my current project, I'll write my own based on this plugin. It really will need to be all new code, though. :(

Looool! Poor Terrax xD Oh wow, it would be great if you can rebuild the script in a new way!

Well, someone must take permission from Terrax at first.
Then there is at least two things that must be improved: optimization (this plugin works hard in the weak computers) and use equipment feature.
Yes, i agree.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses

Code:

I think that Terrax will no longer enter the forum... if you want to make a new script with terrax as a base, I don't think there will be any problems...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

X[ oh gawd.... I dropped my super expensive laptop on my hard tile floor! It still comes on and all, but now Im worried its gunna start screwing up in the near future.... I hope not, cant afford to replace stuff like that. :(
I wrote a nice animated preloading system for mv+mz today. It only supports graphic assets atm, should it support audio too? See it in action in my recent minigame @
I posted my first commercial game on the forums, and now waiting for approval.
fingers crossed.
TMW the air quality is so bad, your hair changes color every time you wash it. :LZYyuck:
Finished two animations today. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kartof