Bladeboy05

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was facing the same problem and it is fixable in various ways, depending on what suits your situation best. So how exactly do you want the light to behave? I mean, theoretically, if you would just remove the darkness, you wouldn't see your light source anyways.
Well I just want the light source to work with my manual Tinit, if that's possible. i have a room that is already to the Screen tint that I want. I just want a Light source similar to the one found in the Thomas Edison scripts for RPG maker VX

Here's a link

http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=33433.0

Lindar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Yes of course.

1. For the test mode, I want to be able to do the cycle is less than 24 seconds. For example 12, or 1 sec. That is, to deal with milliseconds.

2. Because of this, I need not exemplary, and accurate synchronization with the time of another plugin. Really need the function depending the cycle from the variable.

Is it possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes of course.

1. For the test mode, I want to be able to do the cycle is less than 24 seconds. For example 12, or 1 sec. That is, to deal with milliseconds.

2. Because of this, I need not exemplary, and accurate synchronization with the time of another plugin. Really need the function depending the cycle from the variable.

Is it possible?
The cycle is already in a variable, you just have to set the variable number  in the paramaters in the plugin manager.

it will cycle from 0 to 23.

Lindar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Terrax, I finally has understood! Your plugin everything is working perfectly, compatibility issues were in other plugins. Once again thank you for the time you spent for me! :)

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there - I just gave your plugin a go and it's looking pretty great. I was wondering if you would consider adding in the ability to pick the shadow colouring and opacity? Perhaps add another pair of integer and hex values to the plugin call to set those, and have them have a default that works the way the plugin does currently, so if they're left out, nothing is broken.

Thank you very much for your time working on this, and your consideration!

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, 

Issue 1:

I am using same "light settings"

for event/NPC:  Event TAG:              Fire 80 #FFCC00

and fo actor:  Plugin Command:       Fire radius 80 #FFCC00

Any guess why Actor color is totally different  than event one? (light globe size is the same).

(edit: Actor globe looks like "pure light" with no ambient orange detail

- in fact, at start it works, but after map transition i am using plugin command for :Daynight hour X   which maybe resets  light color? 

just tried with our demo - no plugins except yours installed. 

I am using your plugin with default demo settings

If I add event with only plugin event command Plugin Command:       Fire radius 80 #FFCC00  on touch - color is not applied, only radius and "flickering", but even flickering pass to static light soon when I try run day/night cycle on your daynight test map.  So same situation as on my project. 

Minor Issue 2:

I am using own "time management" common paralel event  (1 game hour is 4 minutes) linked to other events.  So I set plugin command: "Day Night speed 0" and manage daynight  colors 0-23 (it is also based on map - forest is more green and darker tones than open plains) - also weather or moon phase modify intensity of day/night ambient light.)

But it wont work as expected. 

I found, game "sometimes" loose "Day Night speed 0" I dunno why - and starts move time much faster than my own time (typicaly load game, or map transitions, but sometimes pretty randomly as well)

Current work around is to put  plugin command: "Day Night speed 0" into paralel event  to autosynchro - but I think modify plugin to  if "Day Night speed = 0" then stop counting hours should not be problem at all for you Terrax:)

Anyway, thank you for very nice and usefull plugin. My own previous method for light was much heavier and much more complicated to operate with and also laggy. 

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
New version (1.1.2) now available

http://mvplugins.com...Lighting System

Version 1.1.2

Small update to fix some bugs.

Fixes : Problem with lights warping from one end of the map to the other

Fixes : Light not coloring at radius below 100

Hi there - I just gave your plugin a go and it's looking pretty great. I was wondering if you would consider adding in the ability to pick the shadow colouring and opacity? Perhaps add another pair of integer and hex values to the plugin call to set those, and have them have a default that works the way the plugin does currently, so if they're left out, nothing is broken.

Thank you very much for your time working on this, and your consideration!
I'm afraid thats not possible

Hello, 

Issue:

Any guess why Actor color is totally different  than event one? (light globe size is the same).
Fixed this update

Numieth

local demon appreciator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Awesome. I love this plugin and most of the updates came before I ever even noticed the bugs in question (or simply assumed I did something wrong and caused it myself haha). Thank you very much, Terrax. :)

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello, 

Issue 1:

(edit: Actor globe looks like "pure light" with no ambient orange detail

- in fact, at start it works, but after map transition i am using plugin command for :Daynight hour X   which maybe resets  light color? 

just tried with our demo - no plugins except yours installed. 

I am using your plugin with default demo settings

If I add event with only plugin event command Plugin Command:       Fire radius 80 #FFCC00  on touch - color is not applied, only radius and "flickering", but even flickering pass to static light soon when I try run day/night cycle on your daynight test map.  So same situation as on my project. 

Minor Issue 2:

I am using own "time management" common paralel event  (1 game hour is 4 minutes) linked to other events.  So I set plugin command: "Day Night speed 0" and manage daynight  colors 0-23 (it is also based on map - forest is more green and darker tones than open plains) - also weather or moon phase modify intensity of day/night ambient light.)

But it wont work as expected. 

I found, game "sometimes" loose "Day Night speed 0" I dunno why - and starts move time much faster than my own time (typicaly load game, or map transitions, but sometimes pretty randomly as well)

Current work around is to put  plugin command: "Day Night speed 0" into paralel event  to autosynchro - but I think modify plugin to  if "Day Night speed = 0" then stop counting hours should not be problem at all for you Terrax:)

Anyway, thank you for very nice and usefull plugin. My own previous method for light was much heavier and much more complicated to operate with and also laggy. 
Issue 1 should be fixed now

Issue 2 will be fixed next update (forgot to save that value, so it resets to the default after load)

If you want a quick fix you can edit line 99 of the script.

var daynightspeed = 10;make it

var daynightspeed = 0;And you don't have to set it at all, it will be 0 by default.

RogdagoR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Hey Terrax! i've got some incompatibility between your plugin and quasi movement plugin, he help me fixing the incompatibility with this code, maybe is useful also for you?

It replace the part from line 777 and 818

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Issue 1 should be fixed now - tested and confirmed 

Issue 2 will be fixed next update (forgot to save that value, so it resets to the default after load)

If you want a quick fix you can edit line 99 of the script. - I know - I just preffer not to mess with plugins as future updates will modify it again. Not big deal, I will wait for update and work with my temporary ingame fix.

Thank you :)

Sinderan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Terrax have you considered building in support for ORANGE Time System?

topar395

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I second the vote for Vlue's Day and Night System support if not to much work.

Makeratore

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to see an integration with Vlue's plugin, and also with Hudell's plugin if it's possible.

Cazziuz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Since i am using Hudell's system , if it wouldn't be too much work , i would say please please please, but yeah epic system and thank you for taking the time for do the updates and such .

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Could we make the surronding area of the light less dim? Like say it's a city scene at night so the streets are dark with lamps once in a while, but it's not pitch black just really dim. Like in Khas Awesome Lighting where you could choose the intensity of the darkness?

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could we make the surronding area of the light less dim? Like say it's a city scene at night so the streets are dark with lamps once in a while, but it's not pitch black just really dim. Like in Khas Awesome Lighting where you could choose the intensity of the darkness?
If I understand you well - you mean DayNight system.  It is included (try demo) - you can set how "deep" is night for each day hour and individually for each map (or even by event) - so I have forest city with soft green nights, but when game progressed and it is attacked by enemies and fire emerges the ambient night is red. 

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I didn't realize that Deers can grow so big... I almost hit one while going home from work - phew... approx 10cm separated us from accident... (tomorrow link to video from my dashcam). I'm too shocked to think straight.
Just watched a very good drama. It left this very heavy sadness inside me T.T

As a game dev, there's always this other feeling I have after, for example, watching a sad drama: "Understanding +1!"
I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif
Ugh. The one time I forget to save every hour or so is also the day my computer crashes. That's life!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jockeee