Tester having black screen issue

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My tester is having a black screen rather than the game properly booting. They are testing with win8 e1vison for amd. Tried vista and win7 compatibility modes. Do they need to have rpg maker mz installed for a deployed build to work? Update: this tester seems to be the only one with the issues.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Players should not need MZ installed in order to play. That is the whole point of deploying.

Have you deployed correctly, to a folder that is not anywhere near your project?
Do you have plugins installed, and do any of them use custom resources?

Have you tried to play the deployed version on a different machine that does not have MZ installed?

KenSoulslayer

Graphic Designer/JS Dev
Reaction score
First Language
Hindi
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you tell what were the settings/checkboxes you used while deploying as well

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if this happens only to the tester, where have they installed the game?
this can also happen if the folderpath on the tester computer does not follow networking rules, because in that case the browser has problems loading its files.

the playtest actually circumvents the problem by creating a temporary folderpath, but for the tester computer without the special editor options the true folderpath becomes important.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't have another machine to test with sadly, however I have deployed to the desktop and compressed the files into a .zip using 7zip. I had to manually add a few custom items back in due to them being removed from the deployment. Essentially just some custom images for HUD and splash page. All plugins in use were kept by the deployment. As for settings during deployment I only had "exclude unused files" checked.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how you deploy doesn't matter here, what matters is where your tester unarchived your files.
please ask him/her where that is, to give us a filepath beginning with the drive letter and ending on the index.html file used to start the game.
something like
c:\folder1\folder2\projectname\index.html

then we can check if that path is OK or not.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
how you deploy doesn't matter here, what matters is where your tester unarchived your files.
please ask him/her where that is, to give us a filepath beginning with the drive letter and ending on the index.html file used to start the game.
something like
c:\folder1\folder2\projectname\index.html

then we can check if that path is OK or not.
He extracted directly to the desktop. Could it be due to me having renamed the folder before archiving?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He extracted directly to the desktop.
"desktop" is not a folderpath, it is a placeholder - and unfortunately since modern windows has the desktop folder below the username, it IS possible for the desktop folder to be in a filepath that is illegal under networking rules.
I gave the example above for a reason.
please have him tell you the entire folderpath in exactly that format:
c:\folder1\folder2\desktop\projectname\index.html
(or whereever the desktop is stored on his computer)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I find great satisfaction in smiting spambots. I'm not really sure why.
I finally added my newly updated demo back to the website! It only took like 4 weeks of work...
Where is the "world-weary sigh" comment response when you need it? I need that one more than anything, but the closest we have is "wow" or "angry".
My apologies if it's out-of-place for my goyim-lookin' ass to be the one to say it, but the mythology of "Golems" is that they were created by Rabbis to protect Jewish villages from Anti-semetic attacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merlinjoe