FREE Testers Needed For Monster Re-Release

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Dickjutsu, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Dickjutsu

Dickjutsu Experienced Writer For Hire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Engine: RPG Maker VXAce (I know, old, right?)

Job Synopsis:
    Monster was originally created in 2014 as a gamejam/competition entry but we have improved upon it since then and after leaving it shelved for some time due to some game breaking bugs caused by our improvements - we finally found enough time to fix the bugs and get it somewhat releasable. That's where you folks come in!
    As a writer it's really important to have someone else look at your stuff because you miss things. And we've play-tested this to the point that it looks right, but we want to make sure it really does look okay. Everything looks old and rusty 'cause its just touched up from 2014, but we need testers to make sure the game's at least somewhat fun to play and that all the audio is working properly. Knowing how the story impacted you would be nice as well.

Story Synopsis:
    You play as Mora, a girl with the power to call mythical beings from another realm. Orphaned and made an outcast thanks to her powers she discovers that the neighboring kingdom is invading and takes her team of powerful guardians to protect her homeland.
    Joined by an over-protective Minotaur, a psychotic but sisterly ice-nymph, a motherly dryad, and a wise-cracking brotherly djinn, Mora goes from her home village all the way to the capital of the enemy kingdom. But something dark lurks in her past. Fully voiced game with about 1-2 hours worth of play time.

Positions/Roles Needed: Testers - just need to know of any bugs we've missed or any spots that could use a bit of improvement.

My Role(s)/Position(s): I worked as a Writer, VA/Casting director, and art director on this project. I also doubled as the scripter - which explains all those aforementioned bugs.

Characters, Setting and World Development: This game is dark. It's got a lot of dark humor in it - but make no mistake you're little girl with a team of beast who go about slaughtering other humans by the droves. You'll fight such wonderful folks as rapist slave traders, overtaxing merchant barons, a plague doctor running experiments on the villagers, and a racist duke. It's based in an Eastern European medieval styled world.

Screenshots:
    Title Screen:
    [​IMG]

Sad Mora is sad:
    [​IMG]

So, go ahead and send me a message or post here if you're interested in playing a game that's about an hour or two long and giving us some feedback. We would certainly appreciate you.

Canini likes this.
  2. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey man! It's been a while since I've seen you last.

I'd be down for doing some thorough QA (did professional bug testing/reporting for years) and letting you know if anything needs to be touched up on the gameplay, if you're up for returning the favor next month and helping me out with the story on my own 2-hour game (not writing it for me or anything; just need ideas about how to improve existing parts and put them together in a more impactful way). Sound good?

Dickjutsu likes this.
  3. Dickjutsu

Dickjutsu Experienced Writer For Hire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey, there.
    I've been hanging out in the shadows, mostly doing business via PM for a while. :hswt:

Yeah, I'm freelancing from home right now so I'll have plenty of free time to return the favor.
    I'll PM you a link to the itch.io page for the file.

Marquise* likes this.
  4. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I would love to give this a try as well. I sent you a PM.

Dickjutsu likes this.