TRADE Testers Needed for Retro Sci-Fi Game (Will Playtest Your Game in Exchange!)

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by MechScapeZH, Jun 1, 2019.

1. MechScapeZH

MechScapeZH Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello fellow RPG Creators!

I've been working on my game for over a year now, and it's been posted on these forums for a few months. It's in its second demo.

I'm about to begin working on my game's third chapter, but I'd really like to get some feedback before I do. I'm really new at game developing, and I know there's a lot that I have to improve.

The demo is very short (about an hour long) and your feedback would really be appreciated.

Here's a link to my thread in the Games in Development form. The link to the demo is there.

As an added note: I use a lot of special effects, and those with sensitive eyes have reported experiencing problems when viewing them. Although I have created a version of my game that removes these effects, problems have still been reported- I don't have sensitive eyes myself, so I can't really tell what I need to remove.

Anyone who gives feedback will be credited in my game.

Thank you in advance. :)

Canini likes this.
  2. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Of course, I'm willing to playtest your game in exchange as long as it's not too long or contains objectionable content.

(I thought this would be a given, but I suppose I should say it anyway. :))

3. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I would love to do a exchange. Your game seems interesting an I for one have waited for a game that utilizes old early playstation-like graphics for nostalgia. In return I would like for you to try out my [RSE event game]. Unfortunately they did not have time to go through the full game (understandable, they only had 30 min for each game and my game is about 45-60 minutes long).
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rse-the-fishing-trip-of-byleif-verse-27.108205/

I am willing to do yours first of course. PM me if interested!

4. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A giant thanks to @Canini for playtesting! I'm hard at work improving the game based on the feedback I received, but more is always welcome- as I said before, I'll playtest your game in return!

5. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Anybody reading this thread really should take @MechScapeZH on this opportunity! The critique I received for playtesting was both insightful and well-written, and was received very quickly.

MechScapeZH likes this.
  6. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The game has been improved based on @Canini 's feedback, but I still need more playtesters!

I'm not very busy, so I'll playtest your game fast. :)

7. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I still do need testers, so I'm bumping this tread- again, I'll playtest your game quickly!

kneel_before_ME likes this.
  8. Woland

Woland Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey Mech! I'll gladly give it a go. Is there anything in particular you'd like to get tested? Is it just testing for bugs? Is it a general feel/pacing testing? Should I be super nitpicky about every little obvious detail or would you rather I focus on the big picture, like how well the systems go together or how believable the story and characters are?

My game is currently between demos - the old one is too old and the new one is still getting there, but I'd be happy if you took a look at it in a couple of weeks/months.

MechScapeZH likes this.
  9. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks! It's not as much testing for bugs (my game isn't complex enough to have 'em :guffaw:, and I've bugtested extensively myself, although if you come across any, please tell me of course) as it is testing how well the game works- how enjoyable it is, how well the systems work & pacing/feel is (as you said), etc. Please, please be nitpicky! Be very nitpicky! That's the way I know what to improve.

I'd be very happy to take a look at your game when it's ready. :)

10. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think I'm mostly set now- thanks @Canini and @Woland for playtesting- but I'd like one more person to test- just one more and I'll feel like it's been tested enough. I've added a new feature based on feedback I've received, so I'd like to know that it's a good one before I continue.

Again, I'll test your game in return as long as it's not too long or contains what I determine to be objectionable content.

KrimsonKing and Canini like this.
  11. KrimsonKing

KrimsonKing Emotionless Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey I will give it a Shot.
    in Exchange You will play
    Test my game...

...Unfortunately...

I dont have any game For now
    maybe in Future...

...Deal...

Canini likes this.
  12. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is your game going to be done soon? I'd like more information about that before I accept- I'd hate to have you test my game and then be unable to return the favor in a timely manner.

13. KrimsonKing

KrimsonKing Emotionless Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When i became Free i will test your game and Tell You details
    No my game are not Going to Get done soon maybe it will take some Months
    and dont worry When my Game stay at Demo stage i will Inform you..................

one more thing can i post the details in the game post or you talking Me in
    Discord......

14. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It seems like you're not free now & you don't have a game ready to test- I will start to be very busy in the next few weeks since summer is ending, and I cannot guarantee that I will be able to test your game if it won't be ready for months. I also don't know that I'll need a tester then, since I've already had my game tested twice & I'm just looking for a quick 3rd opinion before I continue development.

Thank you very much for your offer, but since it seems that you won't be able to test my game soon & I won't be able to test yours soon, it might not be a good idea to do the trade. I don't want to be in a position where I might have to break my obligation to test your game.