Stupidbro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hopefully this is as straightforward as it sounds: Is there a way to test (returns true or false) if a tile is walkable using its coordinates on the map?

Like if you had this map and wanted to know if this tile was walkable:
5.JPG
Is there some kind of setup you could do along the lines of:
Code:
    $map_tile(3,4,2).passable?

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
$game_map.passable?(x, y, direction) will check if the tile on a the map it's run on is passable in that direction. To check whether it's passable at all you can check all four directions (2, 4, 6 and 8).

Stupidbro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
$game_map.passable?(x, y, direction) will check if the tile on a the map it's run on is passable in that direction. To check whether it's passable at all you can check all four directions (2, 4, 6 and 8).
Cool, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.
Egg-sitting minigame is coming along nicely. Are you a bad enough dino to keep all these raptor eggs warm?

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain_ZZ