Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been working with a cutting edge neural network, and decided to combine it with photoshop to make a few facesets in rpgmaker format. I've kinda aimed for a scattered mix - I'd love feedback on which styles/faces people think are good or bad (or what they want more of), to try to dial in on what's most useful for people making games. Artbreeder lets you combine portraits in terms of facial feature and style, so if someone wants just a ton of those androids, that's doable.

First, a couple of faces with a lot of expressions each (maybe too many?)

Na5x11Y.png

wSFyMTr.png

Also a dork elf

Eb19NBk.png

and a mishmash of just general character designs and styles

fsc0vY0.png

W2MFzC8.png

These are free to use: I'm officially releasing them under CC0. That said, I'd love feedback in thread, and maybe give a shoutout to the artbreeder community if appropriate.
(and yes I asked Archeia to check for rights issues and got permission before posting this; original content made with artbreeder is automatically cc0ed)

Last edited:

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This are amazing! How can you bleed the colors so good? I try but I can't get the hang of it yet.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wow, those are actually pretty cool! Now I want to go play with Artbreeder! :LZSexcite:

As for the most useful expressions, really I'd say just produce the generic major emotions happiness, sadness, anger, etc.... You can probably just look at the various emojis here to figure out which emotions are most common. It doesn't hurt to have more expressions than less, but as I have no idea how long it takes you to make these... Really whatever works best for your time frame.

Also these are easily good enough that you could get paid to make them for people. :LZSwink:

trapless

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd love feedback on which styles/faces people think are good or bad (or what they want more of), to try to dial in on what's most useful for people making games.
my questions:
Of what use are these sought opinions to you? How can such opinions define a 'best' for game making. How can a 'best' for game making be anything other than something to stunt originality? Is this post R&D for a commercialized resource pack?

my opinion: i like the kind of face that has a body.

Last edited:

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This are amazing! How can you bleed the colors so good? I try but I can't get the hang of it yet.
A lot of the artbreeder genes are a bit unstable, so once you do the modification you need sometimes you have to reimport the style from the original image to get it to match. Other times features I like are linked with the style, and I have to tweak the colors with photoshop to get a good enough match. Generally I start with a neutral face, make variations, and clip out the facial features from the more expressive ones and flip back and forth and tweak until the blend is good enough. Sometimes if it's being particularly difficult I'll copy the area, and use a gradient map on a luminosity blend in order to get the color brightness to match better.

Anyway, I've been looking at style a bit more, and on the more stylized end of the spectrum, here's a someone either working as a streamer or delivering pizzas,
1BDzEON.png

And towards the more realistic side, there's this guy who I'm calling Clarence
dOq94Mj.png

EDIT: here's another

9kjpvl1.png

Last edited:

ThePreparator

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a project in neural networks (Posture Recognition Using Kinect Sensor), the recognition was done using a neural network, I see you used in image processing, nice work you've done here!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been playing through Skies of Arcadia again, and it really makes me wanna see someone try to implement how ship battles were done in the game into RPG Maker (or really just in general).
split.png
split view of both versions of the pocket city you traverse through. there's differences like areas only being accessible in one version of Autumn Bay. or events that only happen in one or the other.
theortically if there were a developer who spied on people's game playthroughs and changed things in real time to make it harder for them, what might be said game developer's motivation?
Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
URMOM38242345325