Not open for further replies.

Apoc

Afk Status
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello my name is apoc. I am originally from the rpgmakervx.net  forums, but since they do not deal with ace, I am requesting here instead :)  .

Before I start, I would like to say, I don't usually make requests so forgive me ahead of time for not following some of the scripting requesting rules. I just hope that what I am asking for is fairly simple.

Request:

I am looking for a script that allows text to be placed anywhere on screen for a given ( or unlimited ) amount of time without the players feedback
Details:
The main features of this script would be allowing text to appear anywhere on screen without having to worry about player feedback. But it would also be ideal ( if possible ) to have the text
- Stay on screen for unlimited amount of time or after a certain number of frames has been reached.
- Hash function to allow erasing specific text without having to clear the entire screen.
- Allows the use of in game text commands such as ( \v[] , \c[] , etc )
- Had a option to control its Z viewport so that way it can be set to above or below picture events or characters on screen.
- Didn't cause lag lol

Pros:
- I am a very thorough eventer and I believe this script will help a lot of people create customs evented systems.
- It could allow people to show narrative dialogue in the background without having to use extensive event commands or hordes of pictures.
- It could serve as a base for evented pop-up icons, huds, or quest systems.
- Could even be used as a tutorial system for custom battle systems.
Additional Request:
I am currently using Modern Algebra's Message Options script, so is it also possible to request a separate add-on for compatibility?
Thank you for reading this request :) if there is any additional details I can provide please let me know

Edit:---------------------------------------------------

Here is a evented HUD I am working on.
Sample1.png
Here is how I imagined it to be with this script
Sample2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Partial thought - Could you do that with an "anywhere message box" then set it to the transparent option?

And hello Apoc welcome to the Ace World!!

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, this is an interesting idea. Maybe gotta try it sometimes. I'm not promising ~

Apoc

Afk Status
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Partial thought - Could you do that with an "anywhere message box" then set it to the transparent option?

And hello Apoc welcome to the Ace World!!
While technically speaking you could, but the significant ( can I allow the player to move aimlessly while continuing to update without lag ) is key. I tried many scripts but none had the exact feature I was looking for. The trick is finding a script that allows multiple text using Sprite functions. I tried this myself but needless to say X_X we can all guess why it

didn't work ( lol )

And for the record ;) I have always used ace, just like hanging out with the Vx'ians

I think Yanfly's Gab Window fits your request though I'm not sure about the time duration.

http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/field-scripts/gab-window/
Unfortuneatly, the gab window lacks control, multiple spawn points, and perfect timed control :(

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Progress report

anytext01.jpg
the only feature that I've not implemented yet is Z coordinate

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
@theodoric *adds theordoric to my list of fav coders!! That is impressive.

Apoc

Afk Status
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Your a mad man! A genius mad man :D didn't expect a reply so quick, but everything looks good.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Apoc

Afk Status
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Everything Works great :D thank you so much. You have no idea how many poor hungry kids your helping with this :) if there is anything I can do to repay you let me know, and let me know whether this script is available for commercial uses ^_^ and if not, what can I do to buy a license from you?

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Everything Works great :D thank you so much. You have no idea how many poor hungry kids your helping with this :) if there is anything I can do to repay you let me know, and let me know whether this script is available for commercial uses ^_^ and if not, what can I do to buy a license from you?
No problem. I did this for my own good. Since I'm IT student. Learning RGSS3 may help me to understand the lesson.

And actually, my scripts are free for commercial. Just, don't ask me to pay your game. Give me a free copy of your game instead :D

Apoc

Afk Status
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No problem :) I will sure let be the first to know. And I will also aspire to make a few tutorials out of this script as well for others to use.
Anyway this request can be closed now ;)   take me away admins!.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaysn