Dare Evans

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having an issue with text boxes having plenty of room to display the third row of text, but deciding to display it in a separate text box instead. It happened after changing the font size, but it still has plenty of room to go where I want it to.

1627270311232.png

1627270328481.png

Both of these are in the same Show Text command, but this is how they display. Ideally, the second picture's text would be where it is, but in the first picture under the other text. I've tried messing around with height and variable rows in Yanfly's Message System but it seems like it's just deciding there isn't enough room somewhere else. Is there a way to make it display properly even if the game thinks it's off screen?

The text box is at the very bottom of the screen, for the record.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm guessing this is being caused by the k in your font reaching further down the line than other letters. Can you try writing a line without a k in it and seeing if it still does this?

Dare Evans

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I tried that, and I thought you might be on to something, but it turns out it's just not doing it anymore at all. Hmm. Not sure what I did without testing that fixed it. I'm assuming it might pop up again in the future but for now I guess I'll see how it goes.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm guessing that you haven't configured the script properly, and it's using a switch or (more likely) a variable, and you've accidentally used it for something else. So if you do "the other thing" first, it changes the variable, which affects your messages. But if you don't do "the other thing" first, your messages look correct.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiopasdfghjkl