ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
At one point, I was using the following text code to display the name of an enemy troop in a text box.

The contents of the text box said something like this:

When you defeat \et[39] return and see me.

If you encounter \et[40] make sure you are level 5 or higher.

That stopped working and now the area is just blank.

Is that a native RMMV text code or is that part of a 3rd party plugin I might have eliminated?

If anyone can speak to this, that would be much appreciated.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Are you using Steam? If so MV updated to version 1.6.1 late last week and you may need to update your project to 1.6.1 for some functions to work right.

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am still running on 1.5.2 I didn't update anything yet. I just haven't been in that section of my game for a very long time. I was wondering if \et[x] is a rpgmaker message box code or if that was something that may have been associated with a plugin. I can't entirely remember that because it was done so long ago I was trying to determine (1) is that a native rmmv code or is it something else. And then (2) if its something else, does anyone know what \et[x] might be associated with -- like which plugin. It may have not worked for a very long time and I didn't notice it because I wasn't in that area of the game.

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
\et[x] is not a default RM textcode, it has to have come from a plugin. I know Yanfly has a message plugin that includes more text codes, but I don't know if this one is one of them.

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. It seems to put a space where it appears the size of the word, but the word itself doesn't show up. I couldn't find that code in any of Yanfly's docs, thought. Thanks for confirming its not RMMV native though, that at least points me clearly towards a plugin.

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a "different" way to get the enemy troop name? I can put it in a temporary variable if I can get it somehow.

For example enemy troop 0038 is named "Lunar Party" -- is there a script command I can run to get the name of enemy troop id 0038? That will solve my problem if there is a way to do that.

I need to get that name from outside of the battle environment, in just a regular "overworld event"

Since this is different than my original post, I made a new thread for it so it can be answered and discussed there.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Open the console and see if you get any error messages. Also make sure you've got Yanfly's plugins in the correct order.

If you didn't remove the plugin that adds that code then you've done something else to stop it from working, and that could be any number of things.

Also, this is a continuation of the same question, so no reason to create a new thread. You've just got people answering you in two places now.

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@shockra thanks for the $dataTroops[61].name -- that was the magic trick I needed!

Sorry about the similar post, I figured its kind of two separate topics -- one was for the plugin and the other was for the non-plugin command -- was trying to keep them separate but it didn't quite work that way :)

Always, the important info that will help others is towards the beginning of the closed post -- which is similar but different enough -- that $dataTroops[61].name helped me so hopefully its easy to find for anyone else who needs it. Thanks so much all! Sometimes finding just the right command would take a long time without a forum like this.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh, can't decide what to make next!
The Dystopia
ikW0BYF.png
Recently got RPG Maker MZ. A bit slower with my current PC but I will be getting a new one soon.
evening progress; pretty happy where this is at so i'll take the rest of the night to myself =w=
5NJGyKY.png
It would seem learning JS is not a know it all for making plugins. While it has enabled me to understand what I'm looking at, I still have to find the relevant information in the core scripts. This is much harder than learning JS IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sograyish