Text Corruption after reloading a new save file

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Byakuya Togami, Feb 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So whenever I open a project and start a new game in my project, all text (including text boxes, stats, etc) is fine... until I save and close the test-play program and re-open it. Whenever I load a save file, all text looks like this:

upload_2019-2-2_21-6-41.png

I don't know why. The gamefont file looks fine as well and it reverses for only New Game files after I close the play-test program again. Can anyone help me?

upload_2019-2-2_21-9-32.png

P.S: I also tried disabling YEP_MessageCore and that didn't work. I also tried to move it like so and that didn't work either: upload_2019-2-2_21-11-39.png

2. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian! Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't know how to solve it. Never seen something like this. But I can tell something I do when I get into a error and I don't know how to solve it. Hope helps at least to find the issue.

Did you alter any of this plugins or the core ones?
    Do you know if all the plugins are updated?
    Lets try this step by step.
    Go to the save folder of rm mv. Delete all arquives (this will delete the save files!!)
    Turn off all plugins. Save in the editor then run the play test.
    If the problem persists, try to replace all core plugins of your project to the ones of the new data folder in steam.
    Also, you can try close everything, exclude the package.json then open the editor and play test again.
    If none of this works, I suggest you to make a new project then start copy map by map in the json files to your new project.
    This is what I would try of this happens to me and I have no clue of how this happen.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That has nothing to do with the font - it is an data error.

Can you check the game when you leave the map to another, what is the text there? And if you return to this map again, is the text restored?
    The current map is always placed into the save-file, but only the current map - if you enter a map then it's loaded from the drive again.

And that descriptions sounds as if your savefile (with the event data of that map only) gets disrupted, while the mapfiles themselves are OK (or you wouldn't have the text correct on new games)

There are several things that can damage savefiles - try deleting everyone like said above, but most probably that won't change the problem.
    please tell us the path to where your project is located (from drive letter to index.html), some special directories cause problems if the program is placed there, and a few other possible causes that the filepath can tell us.

4. Byakuya Togami

Byakuya Togami Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Text isn't restored whenever I leave and return to a map.

This Pc -> Documents -> Games -> Final Fantasy ->

upload_2019-2-3_12-21-21.png

I also tried to delete and update the message core, same thing occured. I tried turning off all plugins, still same thing.

UPDATE: It may be specific letters as I see 1,i,e,1 in a certain font size missing (whichever one is for text boxes and battle). Changing font sizes by a little didn't work either.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1) please rename your project folder to follow networking rules
    Spaces are absolutely forbidden under networking rules, which means you need to rename the folder to something like Final_Fantasy without the space.
    If a filepath contains spaces or other symbols that are not allowed under networking rules, then HTML5-based programs have problems opening files - although that should result in a complete failure, not a selective one like your problem.

None the less, that is a mistake that will cause problems sooner or later.

2) I don't know - the engine doesn't change font size on its own.
    If this is indeed the cause, then it means that something else is causing problems with the Messaging plugin.
    Try to test the effect by temporarily going back to the default fonts.

And if that is the cause, then most likely your font is set differently in different positions and you'll have to check and compare the settings in every plugin and the default to see where the wrong option and size is set.