Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a mini-game, and I'd like to make a block of text that covers the whole screen- the "Show Message" command can only show up to 4 lines of text, and I want to show more than that. Essentially, what I'm trying to do is re-create the way text is shown in the Chrono Trigger spinoff Radical Dreamers:

I know I can get rid of the window background by selecting "transparent," but no matter what I do I can't seem to find out how to get "Show Message" to show more than 4 lines.

Is this possible to do?

Thank you in advance for your help.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know I've done it with a message box script which uses a variable to control how many lines it shows. Maybe check into that?

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know I've done it with a message box script which uses a variable to control how many lines it shows. Maybe check into that?
A message box script? Thank you- I don't suppose you or anyone else could point me to a specific one? I just did a Google search, but I wasn't able to find anything. Thank you for your help!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you are using MV check Yanflys message system. It might still be one of the free ones, not sure. I know that the ACE version did that though.

If not available we could move this to script requests as I think someone could code a similar version to the ACE version if needed.

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's just for a one time mini game and you don't want to replace the entire show message system you could write the text you need for the mini game in a graphics editor and save it as a png file. Make as many as you need and use them as Show Picture events and cover the screen that way.

I don't know all the details so this may or may not be a good way of doing it.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are using MV check Yanflys message system. It might still be one of the free ones, not sure. I know that the ACE version did that though.

If not available we could move this to script requests as I think someone could code a similar version to the ACE version if needed.
That worked great, thank you! As always, Yanfly's plugins provide the solution.
If it's just for a one time mini game and you don't want to replace the entire show message system you could write the text you need for the mini game in a graphics editor and save it as a png file. Make as many as you need and use them as Show Picture events and cover the screen that way.

I don't know all the details so this may or may not be a good way of doing it.
That'd work, but I want the text to have the "typewriter" effect of the message box.

Thank you both for your help!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I think this also can help you.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:
And now since I've got the whole game parts working, the *contents* await.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvaovn88com