Text event does not work

Bo_HuRE4200

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Ukraine
Primarily Uses
IGM
I'm new in RPG MAKER and the first problem I encountered was the lack of text when I calling the event. I try to reboot Rpg Maker but it didn't work)))I really need your heБезымянный.pngБезымянный2.pnglp. I will be grateful

Attachments

Crusha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Privet -- on the left side of that event screen, put an image to that event and create the event on a tile on that map you have. Then you can move your character just next to that event, press the action key (usually Z or X key I believe by default), and you should see your text as you have now just 'talked' to your event.

I'd suggest checking out someone like SRDude on youtube, he has a specific playlist for new learners here:
Take care. The learning stages are best learned (in my opinion) with tutorials like these, and experimenting on your own for a while. Else you'll be asking questions for some of the most simple things, when it's really just best to get the most simple things understood from tutorials.

rpgsandwich

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is set to apply when User presses the action button up against this event.

Try attaching a sprite to the "Image" box (right side of event)
run the game, walk over to the sprite and press the action button (spacebar i think)
you should see the text,

Now if you want the text to just display automatically,
then set the Trigger to "Parallel Process"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilliamSlither