Text in the center of the screen?

resoNathan_

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First time posting, so sorry if this is in the wrong place or something.

I was trying to make one of my characters more ethereal (can stop time and talk directly to the player, but has no impact on the story itself), so I wanted to give him something more meaningful than the text boxes that everybody else will get. I was thinking something similar to this:

(Game is "Fishing Paradiso" on the App Store, if you're interested. Not mine in any capacity.)

Is there a way of doing this (centered text, no/transparent text box, larger text) in RPG Maker VX Ace, while keeping everyone else's text boxes more or less the same as default? Would I need to learn how to script? Does someone else have a script that does something like this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This can only be done with a script.

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Ebanyle

açspasl~d~dfflass
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know if it's just me, but the image is broken D:

Ebanyle

açspasl~d~dfflass
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think this can be done with the default engine plus a few scripts, no?
Here goes some scripts that change the font: Ace Message System and ATS: Special Message Codes.
You could try using other font for this character, maybe change the outline color, add shadow, and of course, you can change the font size by default~

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There's a Background option in Show Text where you can set text box to Transparent and Position to Middle.
To center text message requires ATS: Formatting script- https://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=44964.0
Put \a[1] in Show Text for message to be centered. If you want to center another message use \a[1]
Results may vary depending on font.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.<
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.
The BIGGEST immersion breaker for Sword Art Online is that Kirito keeps finding overpowered playstyles using "bad things nobody uses cuz its bad". Players WILL use bad gear BECAUSE it's bad.
When I said I'd make 20 games in 2020, I scared myself. Now it's mid-February, and I've made 6 games. So I got this. But, then again...do I got this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AstemirShaov