Text in the center of the screen?

resoNathan_

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First time posting, so sorry if this is in the wrong place or something.

I was trying to make one of my characters more ethereal (can stop time and talk directly to the player, but has no impact on the story itself), so I wanted to give him something more meaningful than the text boxes that everybody else will get. I was thinking something similar to this:

(Game is "Fishing Paradiso" on the App Store, if you're interested. Not mine in any capacity.)

Is there a way of doing this (centered text, no/transparent text box, larger text) in RPG Maker VX Ace, while keeping everyone else's text boxes more or less the same as default? Would I need to learn how to script? Does someone else have a script that does something like this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This can only be done with a script.

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Ebanyle

açspasl~d~dfflass
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know if it's just me, but the image is broken D:

Ebanyle

açspasl~d~dfflass
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think this can be done with the default engine plus a few scripts, no?
Here goes some scripts that change the font: Ace Message System and ATS: Special Message Codes.
You could try using other font for this character, maybe change the outline color, add shadow, and of course, you can change the font size by default~

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There's a Background option in Show Text where you can set text box to Transparent and Position to Middle.
To center text message requires ATS: Formatting script- https://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=44964.0
Put \a[1] in Show Text for message to be centered. If you want to center another message use \a[1]
Results may vary depending on font.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acelaces