Text input within or over message box

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Hepta, May 28, 2018.

1. Hepta

Hepta Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

I'm making a game wherein the player has to type keywords into a computer terminal, DOS/console style, and sometimes chat with NPCs through it.

I was wondering if there is a way to allow for text input within the message box, possibly even with a little blinking cursor at the beginning of the line break to indicate readiness to accept the input. That would be ideal, but if it's not possible, then at least the ability to open some form of text input window without closing the message box.
    In either case, I could then easily print the input in the message box and proceed with the conversation without having had to close it, so the feeling of a console or chatroom would be preserved, and further input requests could occur.

I'm definitely not a scripter, but I've so far been successful in tracking down scripts that help me. I'm using Yanfly's Message Core to have the message box take up the whole screen, and SRD's Name Input Upgrade to allow for keyboard input. I also tried RS's Input Dialog, but no matter what I do, the message box always closes before the input dialog opens.

Thanks in advance for any help.