Text is not showing right on Android & Gauge System

Discussion in 'VNMaker Support' started by zenoritax, Dec 26, 2018.

1. zenoritax

zenoritax Villager Member

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    *not a native speaker, sorry for my English*

# 1st Problem : Text on Android
    I just exported my game to android and it worked almost fine unless messages/text/font is not showing its whole character. The upper part is cut away. I already tried to change the font names and also its settings below the drop down menu. I tried looking for something in game's scripts but I couldn't find which one would work. Not sure if there's any thread about this problem yet.

How it got cut out is like when you tried putting something which is bigger than its container in there so you have to cut the rest out. Ps, the game language is Thai. Wonder if there's anyway to expand the space for characters or atleast decrease its size to fit the space.

# 2nd Problem : Gauge System with Variables not working
    I have another problem. Instead of creating new thread I'll put it together here.
    I make a system in my game which player will have to answer to the quiz and if correct, the stat gauge will increase, if not, it will not add any amount to the gauge.
    - For the gauge bar I made 8 png graphics from blank to full so I can turn each on and off depends on scores variables.
    - At first, I created a common event included condition branches like 'If variable x is equals to 1' then 'Show Picture Bar 1' until it reach Bar 8, then I just put this common event into the scene.
    - For the scores I use Add Variable when players got their answers correct.

Here's the problem :
    When I tried it live on VN Maker, it works. But when I tried on the game itself, the bar stayed zero even if I got the answer correct. I also tried to tick that on, tick that off on that common event page too but the problem is still there. I must have done something wrong but I have no idea about it.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    So you're saying your message characters don't display right.
    Does it work in normal PC mode?

3. zenoritax

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    it works completely fine on my pc and others too. Problems are only on android mobile.

4. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Can you send us at visualnovelmaker@degica.com of the development version of the project? It has to be something we can open in VNMaker.

5. zenoritax

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    The file link is sent to your email. Not sure if that's the one you need or not. :LZSproud:

6. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Thank you! It's currently holidays for us so please be patient!

7. zenoritax

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Have a nice holiday, I will be waiting ♡

FYI, I captured these two screenshots to make it more easier to understand the problem.

[​IMG]
    The one with problem (on android phone and already tried to decrease the font size).

[​IMG]
    The one works perfectly (on windows pc).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2018
  8. Kentou

Kentou Admin Staff Member Veteran

Hi, thanks for sending your project. For now, not sure if that helps, but did you try to use the Message Settings command and the "Line Height" setting there? Its "Auto" by default but you could try to enter a higher value here to see if it fixes the cut-off.

9. zenoritax

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I already tried add from 3px upto 30px and still no difference. :kaocry:

I have another problem which encountered today. Instead of creating new thread I'll put it together here.
    I make a system in my game which player will have to answer to the quiz and if correct, the stat gauge will increase, if not, it will not add any amount to the gauge.
    - For the gauge bar I made 8 png graphics from blank to full so I can turn each on and off depends on scores variables.
    - At first, I created a common event included condition branches like 'If variable x is equals to 1' then 'Show Picture Bar 1' until it reach Bar 8, then I just put this common event into the scene.
    - For the scores I use Add Variable when players got their answers correct.

Here's the problem :
    When I tried it live on VN Maker, it works. But when I tried on the game itself, the bar stayed zero even if I got the answer correct. I also tried to tick that on, tick that off on that common event page too but the problem is still there. I must have done something wrong but I have no idea about it.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  10. zenoritax

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I still need help at least for The Gauge problem thing would really help. My project is currently on standby since December T - T Of course we couldn't go any further until this problem get solved.

11. Kentou

Hi, it seems you only sent the exported game. We need the full project. If you don't know where that is, click on Game > Open Game Folder in Menubar to get to your project folder. Zip the entire folder and send us a like for download so we can check it.

12. zenoritax

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Oh, I'm really sorry I didn't know that. I already resent the file which is the whole game folder to your email (titled Project File For A Support Thread).

13. Kentou

Ok I checked your project. I realized that the commands in your common events are shifted to the right by one so they are ignored because of that. If you select them all and then press arrow left key you can move them to the left so they are no longer ignored. After that the gauge appears but its empty. Do you actually set the global variable 0005?

14. zenoritax

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    YESSSS It works!! Thank you so so so much. Now I can continue my project. Thank you!! But I'll try to check the variable again so it works perfectly. By the way, the gauge starts with zero is what I planned it to be.