Text not working

Borntolol

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Autoran text does not want to appear? I'm not sure why this happens but every time there's text the textbook is empty.
this is what happens.
1577732078056.png
1577732163028.png
it is as if there's a file directory missing but im not sure what is happening, may I get some assistance?
1577732347779.png
it only works after the battle is finished, yes i have yet to make it so that it doesnt repeat but theres like kind of some delay and i dont know whats happening, even in the battle the screen looks blank

Zreine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I'm a noob so I'm not sure I can help, but your images aren't showing.

Edit: I said nothing, it's all good now, lol.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Autoran text does not want to appear?
there is a lot of things that could be the cause, and unfortunately you cut off the event so vital info like the number and ordering of the event pages is missing.

However, this looks more like a message-plugin configured wrong, so can you please give us screenshots of your plugin manager with all plugins listed in the order they are installed?

Borntolol

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is a lot of things that could be the cause, and unfortunately you cut off the event so vital info like the number and ordering of the event pages is missing.

However, this looks more like a message-plugin configured wrong, so can you please give us screenshots of your plugin manager with all plugins listed in the order they are installed?
1577830360712.png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show a FULL screenshot of your event. Use Alt+PrintScreen to capture it without the background, and do not crop anything. The important parts we need to see are the parts you've deleted.

At a guess, I'd say try putting a Wait 10 Frames after the Show Text. But it shouldn't need that, so I'd still like to see the full event.

Borntolol

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show a FULL screenshot of your event. Use Alt+PrintScreen to capture it without the background, and do not crop anything. The important parts we need to see are the parts you've deleted.

At a guess, I'd say try putting a Wait 10 Frames after the Show Text. But it shouldn't need that, so I'd still like to see the full event.
1578042250451.png
it doesn't really help as its happening with every event

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you SURE it's not working? Because you have that event set to autorun, it's going to repeat. So it will show the text, then battle, and at the end it will show the text again, then battle again. By the time the battle is over you might have forgotten that the text actually did show first, but then when it shows again after, it might seem like it was delayed.

You need something to turn the event off so it doesn't keep repeating. Throw in an Erase Event at the end, or a Control Self Switches A = ON and create a second page conditioned by self switch A.

If you don't believe it's that, please show an event where this is happening that isn't set to autorun or parallel process.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
\[1] at the beginning of your show text is not a default text code, and I originally assumed you had a plugin added that had that textcode.
But since you have no such plugin, that is a completely useless sequence - in fact it might even cause problems.

So please correct your show text to use only correct textcodes.

Borntolol

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
\[1] at the beginning of your show text is not a default text code, and I originally assumed you had a plugin added that had that textcode.
But since you have no such plugin, that is a completely useless sequence - in fact it might even cause problems.

So please correct your show text to use only correct textcodes.
1578232712980.png
still works like it did before oof

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
well, at the moment we are only guessing at things that are wrong to find the cause - but at least that will reduce whatever other bugs you have in your game, even if those bugs are not what caused the problem.

1) you still haven't stopped the repeat of the autorun loop like shaz said above. Your current event, even if it were working correctly, would result in an eternal loop of show text - battle - show text - battle -etc without an end, no matter if win or loose.
Can you please correct that as well?

2) we need to find out which version of engine and core you have.
Please go to your project folder, then into the js folder and use a text editor to open the rpg_core.js file there.
The second line is the title line, and there should be a version number at the end of that line (no number means 1.0)
Then in the editor, go to help - about to read the editor version.
please tell us both numbers, even if they are identical (they may or may not be identical)

you don't need to quote us to reply by the way, we'll understand which questions you answer even without a quote.

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its not working because you dont turn off autorun page.

Create new page, thick enabled self switch A and in autorun page at the bottom add change self switch A to true, should work

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry - I misread your initial issue. So the text box DOES appear the first time, but it's empty. Only on the second round does it actually show the text. This seems similar to issues where someone has changed the code to show busts instead of pictures and not preloaded them - they don't show the first time, but they do afterwards.

That's very strange. It doesn't look like you've used a custom font, and even if you did, it wouldn't stop the background from appearing. And you don't have any extra plugins.

Could you please disable the two plugins that ARE there, save, and see if the same issue still happens?

Have you made any changes at all to the js files - specifically rpg_windows.js or rpg_scenes.js?

How long ago did you create this project? If you create a brand new project and put the same event, does it do the same thing?

I don't think your MV version will affect this, but the scripts version might. Can you please let us know what version of MV you're running (you can get this from the editor itself), and what version your core files are (for this, you need to open your project's folders, go to the /js folder, and just look at rpg_core.js - the version number, if present, will be on the first couple of lines. If not present, it means you're running version 1.0)

Also, where do you have your project saved? If it's in a location that has an online sync (dropbox, onedrive, steam cloud), then the loading of resources depends on your internet speed, so you might get some delays there. If this is the case, there are also other reasons to not have your project in these locations - if you close your editor and shut down your computer and the timing is off, you can actually corrupt your project files.

Borntolol

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is my core,
with or without the plugins its still the same

I created the project like last month and I did not make any changes to those js files,
if I create a brand new project the same thing still happens,
my project is saved in my local C drive

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its still the same
have you corrected the autorun problem several people already mentioned above?
Because even the screenshot after I asked you to switch off the autorun correctly shows you've not yet done that, and the post #11 clearly states that that user had the same problem and it was caused by not disabling the autorun-loop.

Borntolol

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried with and without autorun, its still the same with both

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please show us a screenshot of the variant without autorun that you tried

have you started a new game when you tried that variant? In case of a saved game, the map the player is on will be loaded from the savefile and not from the mapfile, that means any change done since the save is ignored.

Borntolol

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is in a new game:
autorun
1579357824800.png
1579357862417.png
parallel
1579357919705.png
1579357893661.png

it works fine if its player touch, but that's not what im aiming for

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it works fine if its player touch, but that's not what im aiming for
And now, pleas install the switch off to those events and test if they're still doing that effect.

Exactly what we have asked you to do several times in this topic already

Because an eternally looping event is always a broken event that has no real function and would cause problems in any game by ending it.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would guess and try this in original problem:

add Eventcommand Wait with 4 frames wait between the textbox and the battle processing eventcommand.
Could be some kind of strange engine behavior, which in other cases maybe is wanted.

Maybe also add a 4 frames Wait infront of the textbox also.

Borntolol

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
its the exact same with or without the switches except it only happens once with a switch. text still doesn't appear
Im not sure why the engine might be acting like this but I don't want it to wait frames :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:
Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...
Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foghiszdenisz