Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Text Speed
by Zero_G

Introduction

As I found no easy script for slowing or increasing text speed without depending upon other scripts, I ended up making a simple one. Idea was based on Krimer's script.

The script allows to change the default text speed of message boxes. The developer can set the default speed when the game loads for the first time (ie there is no configuration file). The user can change the speed in the options menu.

Text Speed.png

Features
  • Can set the default speed of text.
  • Can change the name of the option in the menu.
  • Can change the text of each individual speed.
  • Speeds from slower to fast to instant text.

Terms of Use
  • Free for use in non-commercial projects.
  • Free for use in commercial projects.
  • Please provide credits to Zero_G.

Credits
  • Krimer for base script.
  • Most of option menu based on Yanfly - MessageSpeedOpt.

Changelog
  • v1.1 - Change speed options to customizable text.
  • v1.0 - Initial Release.

Download

Source

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zero_G Please add terms of use and credits to this and your other plugin posts. Thanks.

Zero_G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last edited:

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please add options to rename speeds.
1/2/3/4 is weird. Every single game uses "slow/normal/fast/faster/instant".
:kaoluv:

Jathan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Despite it's simplicity, It's plug-ins like this that need to be made more often, a lot of coders often forget about to more simplistic game functions. Thank you for this, but I also think kako05 is onto something, the ability to rename the speeds would be awesome.

Zero_G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Please add options to rename speeds.
1/2/3/4 is weird. Every single game uses "slow/normal/fast/faster/instant".
:kaoluv:

Despite it's simplicity, It's plug-ins like this that need to be made more often, a lot of coders often forget about to more simplistic game functions. Thank you for this, but I also think kako05 is onto something, the ability to rename the speeds would be awesome.
Done, sorry it took too so long.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

…I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd
Zombie status is now complete. I didn't have to do much in the way of changing how healing is applied to undead targets, was just a simple 3 line code. I thought I had to overhaul Game_Action lol. Everything else was doable by events. So.. Zombie: You turn undead. Your element changes to darkness. You're weak to light, you're strong to physical attacks and healing hurts you and revival items will kill you.
My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JetWentworth