Text Speeds RPG Maker MV

Noob_bot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hey guys I could really use some help. I’m currently playing MV and I was wondering how I can change text speed without downloading custom plugins.

Thanks in advance

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Impossible in MV.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
General Resources is where you share resources, not ask support questions.

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are Text codes to handle Text speed, please check the help file.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar In MV it's impossible to change text speed. It is definitely possible in 2k, not sure about newer ones... But I'm definitely sure in MV it is not. It's not in the help files either.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Poryg wrong, it's basic text control in default show text: \> to show text instantly without wait, \| and \. to add artificial wait times to slow down text display.
you can't change the text speed for everything in one go, but you can finetune the speed of each show text individually.

Noob_bot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Noob_bot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Poryg wrong, it's basic text control in default show text: \> to show text instantly without wait, \| and \. to add artificial wait times to slow down text display.
you can't change the text speed for everything in one go, but you can finetune the speed of each show text individually.
Do I have to insert that command before each word or can I enter it once and slow the entirety of the message box?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do I have to insert that command before each word or can I enter it once and slow the entirety of the message box?
\> works for the rest of the line, but \. and \| are like the wait command - they need to be inserted exactly when you want the wait (could even be between letters oft a single word).

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar Making a wait command isn't really changing the text speed though. In rm2k3 there's \s command, which influences directly the speed of how the text shows. Kind of a pity they left it out of future rpg makers, because it's rather plain to have a monotonous speed scrolling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.
Stream will be going live shortly with some more Witcher 3, then we will switch to another game! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kousuke-shii