Textbox / Bust message help?

joriyaki

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am creating a fangame based off Danganronpa and in the game, it has a different text box then usual when you talk to somebody,
for example,
Danganronpa2014Spot2.jpg
How could you possibly change/edit the textbox to match this when you talk to a character?
And is it possible to show a bust drawing of a character beneath a textbox like this without the face icons?
Sorry if this doesn't makes any sense

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[MOVE]RGSS3 Script Requests[/MOVE]
The 'different text box' bit sounds like you just need a different graphic for your window skin. If you're not familiar with how to do this:
Export the file called Window from the Graphics/System folder of your project into an image program such as GIMP or Photoshop (it must support transparency) and see how it is set up. Then make your own, and import it into Graphics/System folder. Alternatively, do a Search in the Resources section for Window skins, there are quite a number there.

If you don't want a face to show, then just do not include one in your dialogues.

In future, please ask one question per thread, because that part of your post did not need to move to answer those queries, only the request for a bust script.

Last edited:

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
How could you possibly change/edit the textbox to match this when you talk to a character?
Use the call image function for the pics and you'll have to manually edit the textbox in an image editing software.

And is it possible to show a bust drawing of a character beneath a textbox like this without the face icons?
Yeah, the image command.

joriyaki

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, thank you!

and oops my bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently available for hire for scripting (and perhaps other things).
Also, don't worry, the Advanced Minimap plugin is a work in progress.
Hallelujah! Work is getting stricter on humans in the store.
Day 3 of mapping... at least the whole game its just one location :3 (Still taking forever...)

Almost 5 am.. and I decide to put up a Youtube video instead of sleeping. It's strangely addicting! :kaoswt:
If I survive the pandemic without 2nd degree obesity, I'll celebrate. The stress I have to deal with at work is so insane my candy consumption has increased by 400% just to help me survive the day sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qutera