TextManager Strings problem

Yazzssai

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but im having a lot of trouble with the TextManager.

So im trying to create a new command for the title screen. Which ive succeded in doing, exept for one thing: I can not figure out how to use my own strings when displaying the text for the command.

for example:
In the TextManager, there is an entry that is called newGame, when referenced, it returns the string "New Game", as seen on the title screen, same goes for all other commands in the game.

So my question is: How can i add my own strings?

EDIT:
I've figured it out.
for those who are having the same problem: You are not bound to use TextManager Entries, you can directy enter a string, so instead of doing this:
Code:
this.addCommand(TextManager.entry, 'id');
you can do this:
Code:
this.addCommand("String", 'id');

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Potato The game! Few concepts for characters to my game.
Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swordk