moko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Other
I have a problem:
I have found this texture that I want in my game, but, should I use it as it comes, or make it into a drawing with a painting software and not just a raw photo so it fits better? what do you think? (I'm a noob)

Attachments

• TexturesCom_MedievalBuildinginFlorence,Italy_S - copia.png
    TexturesCom_MedievalBuildinginFlorence,Italy_S - copia.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it depends on how and where you want to use it.
because "texture" is the wrong name in any case, 2D-based games use other nomenclature than 3D-based ones.

moko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Other
it depends on how and where you want to use it.
because "texture" is the wrong name in any case, 2D-based games use other nomenclature than 3D-based ones.
I'll use it as a tile for mapping.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
doesn't work that way, it is completely unusable as a photo and would need massive rework into several different tiles as a drawing.

for example, a single tile is 48x48 pixel. you can't reduce that picture to that size, and even then it doesn't work that way on maps.

I suggest you test how to do a similar building with the default tiles. that will show you that you'll need stone tile structures for a background as a windowless wall, then place the different windows and doors as decorative tiles above that wall.
which will show you how to make the different parts you need to follow that photo's structure.

only after that you can start to draw something usable in an image program.

moko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Other
doesn't work that way, it is completely unusable as a photo and would need massive rework into several different tiles as a drawing.

for example, a single tile is 48x48 pixel. you can't reduce that picture to that size, and even then it doesn't work that way on maps.

I suggest you test how to do a similar building with the default tiles. that will show you that you'll need stone tile structures for a background as a windowless wall, then place the different windows and doors as decorative tiles above that wall.
which will show you how to make the different parts you need to follow that photo's structure.

only after that you can start to draw something usable in an image program.
thanks

Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It would make a nice battle back or a background parallax.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I feel so dumb I forgot to set parameters and thought the plugin wasn't working
I can come up with all of the magic skills in the world, but I can hardly think of creative physical weapon skills within the JRPG realm. One of those ones....
It's time for episode 19 of our Make a Cliff Map in RPG Maker MZ... I mean, Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ! Today we're working on our cliff map again. Let's see if we can finish it this time!

A side story is almost getting into the next stage. Almost everything in this game has real-life references.
unfinishedbuildingwip1.jpg
Everyday life is full of absurdity. This is just a reflection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinsel2