Thalzon's MV Battlers

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
wooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO these angel designs are so creative!!!!!! <3333 i will stop replying immediately to every of your updates because i'll start to get spammy but i love how solidified your artistry has became these years its so good <3 im a fan

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thusday update is... more angels! And some other things. They're all a bit on the large side.

So we've got two archangels up there. Archangels are usually what people think of when they think "powerful angels", but they're really only the 8th order. That said, there are some very powerful angels in there. These ones are technically Gabriel and Michael, but they can be generic ones too.

Then we have a cloud-man, called a Shiwanna. Rain spirits in Pueblo lore. Then we've got the "holy" elemental, and the lightning elemental, and finally a pegasus. Enjoy!

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
These are great! I especially love the Shiwanna. Perfect for either a spirit or air elemental boss. What's the thing he's holding in his left hand?

Also, question to people who use Thalzon's battlers. What do you do use for sprites? Particularly for bosses (regular enemies I suppose can be solved by just using random encounters). Do you just use RTP sprites even if they don't match up exactly with the battlers, or do you not even have boss sprites on the map, and just make an event with text like "Look out, here it comes!" etc.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I haven't worked on a game in like 3 years. ;P

EDIT: The Shiwanna is holding a dowsing rod, which was believed to be able to find water.

Last edited:

Arithmetician

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Thalzon

These are great!

I really should get back to RPG Making. Theoretically, I have more free time for it now... but I keep getting distracted by other (non-RPG Maker) projects, and I've started studying for a certification test too, so that cuts into my time.

But it's good that you're able to keep contributing like this, even if you're not active on game development yourself.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@jonthefox : What I did was I reduced the image down to the size needed for sprites for some of them. This works well for a couple, but you have no walking animations that way (but can work if the image never moves). Otherwise, I hired a spriter to draw me sprites to match the images.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thursday update is a little lighter this week. We've got the 7th and 6th order of angels here: Principality, and Power.

By the way, did you know I have two new battler sets on the shop? If you're looking for something with a sci-fi flair, they're worth checking out!

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/paranormal-monsters
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/a/graphics/modern-day-menace-battlers

The first set has aliens, robots, and the like. The second focuses on regular-looking people, but has a few zombies and other weirdness.

Either way, Enjoy.

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not really feeling it with this set so far... I mean yeah, they all look brilliant and awesome as always, but so far you've made only four or maybe five "normal" enemies. And even those seem rather specific, if you know what I mean. So personally I'd like to see more minor and generic enemies. Again, they still look awesome, I'm not trying to say I hate them or anything.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Arithmetician Yeah, the thing with the first six orders is a lot of traditional depictions have them looking real samey (robes, pretty, etc). So I looked to SMT to better diversify their looks.

@Nutty171 Fortunately the more human-looking angels are almost done. I wanted to have at least one battler to represent each order of angels. For the future of this set, I have some holy naga planned, as well as holy creatures from other mythologies. Rainbow serpent, Ganesha, Vishnu, an Asura, etc. Hopefully those will excite you! ;)

Gilgamesarico

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would be great if you made a boss in the style of sephiroth angel or like kefka angel

Redeye

Chronicles Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These look pretty cool. I suppose we'll be delving into God territory towards the end of this pack?

SquallStorm

Resident Persona 5 Hyper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Holy wow! (Pun intended)

These are definitely SMT inspired but as always, have that Thalzon flair~ I have a great interest in seeing your interpretation of both Sandalphon and Metatron, assuming they're be here. :D

Nutty171

Adept at ineptitude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Thalzon So I'm curious, how do you make your battlers the right size? Whenever I try to make battlers, they end up either too big or too small.

MobileSuitSonic

Mod Magnet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd love to see some prehistoric battlers from you in the future.
You're saving me a ton of headaches in compiling a bestiary.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Thalzon So I'm curious, how do you make your battlers the right size? Whenever I try to make battlers, they end up either too big or too small.
I have a screenshot of the battle window, and resize the enemy manually in it until it's the size I want. Honestly in retrospect some enemies are a bit too large (humans, mainly) but now I feel it's too late to change it all so some enemies wind up larger to keep the relative scale intact.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Building on the previous post, why stop at titlescreen idle videos? Now you can have videos as splash screens before the title screen too! [Free Plugin]
Still, a lot to be done. But already did a lot of things for the MZ version! And it is already working ^^
I just returned to school one week ago, AND THE TEACHERS HAVE ALREADY GAVE US 28 ASSIGNMENTS, PROJECTS AND TESTS!
Online school sure is draining :'/
a romanticized war
Still working on a few pixel projects- first, working on a fan tileset that I plan to drop soon. Second, returned to my Meat Market icons today and knocked out an additional eight. Up to 41 icons for meat products. Have another 14 icons planned before I run out of ideas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s69-5