Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thursday update this week is a few beasts and beastly humanoids.

imp_11.png
imp_12.png
rabbit_06.png
rabbit_06a.png

The Deer Woman is from native american mythology, and was often a spirit of fertility. The horned rabbit is an Al'miraj, said to live on a secluded island in the Indian Ocean. Enjoy.

CallMeBatman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm so in love (in a weird way?) with imp 11! Great job as always @Thalzon!

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I feel like the almiraj could be a bit more traditional and menacing looking.

also, I can just see that fat plantfolk guy being used as a base for something else, maybe an evil version of Ganesha or something.

Last edited:

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Good thing I already have a Ganesha! ;P
Apologies for missing last week. I'd like to say I was too busy but I really just forgot. I'll do a larger update this week to make up for it.

elf_01.png
elf_02.png
elf_03.png
elf_04.png
elf_05.png
elf_06.png
elf_07.png

Elves! Every forest has elven protectors, yes? Enjoy.

Liandra Aura

Game Director
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are fantastic and I am glad I waited 3 years to really start working on combat in my MV project. Well worth the wait for a sizeable pack from you, Thalzon.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The holidays are FINALLY behind me. I've been sick as a dog the past few weeks, nursing a cold and the flu back-to-back, with constant coughing fits. Not fun. Today I have something different: more DnD characters! We had a few player deaths, which necessitated new character portraits. RIP Stan, N'decks, and Yenpher.

hero_cleric_05.png

This is Ezekiel. He's unusual in a few ways. He's of the krysheni people, a homebrew race that are grey and beady-eyed like classic grey aliens. Hardy mountain folk. Ezekiel was a priest of his clan until he was exiled for refusing to follow their new warlike leader. He's a death cleric, which is normally a "villain" class. Now that he's struck out to journey with the party, he's trying to make the best of their bad situation.

hero_fighter_04.png

Karvouno, a dragonborn barbarian in search of rare and valuable materials, with the aim of making them into a powerful relic. He mostly sticks with the party for safety. He's certain they're criminals, which is corroborated by people in power seemingly wanting to arrest them all the time. He eats rocks, making him the second party member to do so.

hero_rogue_05.png

Flinthook, duergar pirate. Formerly of the Deep League, he attempted to skim riches and crew and escape, but was hunted down and his ship sunk. He spent months alone on a deserted island, with only pigs for company, until the party found him. He's wasted little time in assembling additional crew members and treasure, in the hopes of both taking the New Goldhawks' ship for himself and getting revenge on the Deep League.

Enjoy.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Which Heroes did you get rid of? I'm hoping you didn't get rid of any of the non-human Heroes.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It's dungeons & dragons, so sometimes it's a roll of the dice.
Stan was a wood elf who died inspecting a Bag of Devouring. It's a real shame, I liked that character. He was a driving force in the main plot and now I'm scrambling trying to get the rest of the party to care about plot coupons as much as he did.
N'decks was a "human" cleric (really a magic orb with a consciousness body surfing) attacked in the dead of night by ghouls. Being a cleric, she was outnumbered but definitely not outgunned. However, the dice were not on her side and she was eaten alive.
And finally, Yenpher was a greedy halfling thief with no forethought who tried to steal a sword off the belt of a violent and effective barbarian leader. He flubbed it real hard, and she took him down and beheaded him.

Levolpehh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That plants got quite the beer belly! ..or is that his neck? O-o

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DEM TREES. Holy moley, they're impressive!

SquallStorm

Resident Persona 5 Hyper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Now THAT is an Elder Tree. That's seriously incredible Thalzon. Thank you!

Oberon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thalzon, these keep getting better! MORE!

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The capstone of the Forest set is this freaky forest god/boss monster. It has no name -- just some weird thing I cooked up.
It might take a couple weeks to get the ball rolling, but the Mountain expansion set will be next, featuring dwarves, giants, and more bandits.

boss_04.png

Enjoy.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been enjoying a game on my iPhone, called Wonderbox. It is just a little game where you create adventures, share them, whilst also being able to play others. It's a bit zelda-esque. I have started some youtube for those, gonna start with RPG maker things soon as well. So if you wish to see, do check it out :)
SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freedom1987