DeviTheHuman

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From what I've seen of MV, it appears the battlers fit the style. I think the outlines look fine, except on a couple of the battlers (like the purple worm) it could be blended a little more. Not sure how I feel about the shadows. They make sense with flying enemies, but I'm not sure the ground enemies really need them. At the same time, they do give the images a little more depth. Maybe if the shadows were a little lighter, they might look better...? Overall though, I think these look great. Your skill has certainly evolved quite a bit from your first battlers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No, it's not blending it needs, it's color.  If it were colored outlines instead of black it would match MV's standard resources better.

I agree, though, Thalzon, you've gotten a lot better at this over all this time.  I think it's time to redraw your avatar. :D

Haydeos

The Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
No, it's not blending it needs, it's color.  If it were colored outlines instead of black it would match MV's standard resources better.

I agree, though, Thalzon, you've gotten a lot better at this over all this time.  I think it's time to redraw your avatar. :D
Exactly! (on the subject of the outlines)

You're a good man, Thalzon. Keep doing what you do ^_^

Ceuwbra

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Wow! Those sprites are really nice looking!

one question:

How many sprites are u planning to make? As in are you going to cover only the basic enemies or are you going to sprite bosses and more area specific enemies for snowy areas / deserts etc. as well later on?

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Currently I'm going by a rough "environment" concept. These enemies all belong to the forest environment. Eventually I'll get to desert, mountain, plains, snow, beach, castle, graveyard, etc.

@Sharm: I tried experimenting with non-black outlines, but in my opinion the black looks best. And yeah, new avatar.... eventually.

Personigo de la Ĉefo

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Hey, Thalz! Those are really cool! Trying out a new style? i like the vibrancy and the outline.

Bribolox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Fantastic as usual! The outlines and the shadows look great!

gannon665

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is actually really exciting. MV has built in battlers that I really enjoy, but your art style is absolutely beautiful. All of these enemies look really natural! I'm excited to see how many different creatures you're able to push out, and how many different zones your represent. If you do end up showcasing all of the areas I intend for my game, I just may see about using these and working with you about credits and such commercially. 

SuperQuail

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very nice work. Gotta see how these look on a forest map.

kaloraxi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Love the details on the backside of the deer. *cant unsee*

FeralVermin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These are amazing! My favorites are the rat and the little mushroom man.

What I don't like about the default MV battlers is that so many of them look like giant bad ass monsters, and boss fights, that its hard to find a few smaller baddies to have the player encounter that still match the theme of the map. Your works seems like its able to fill that gap perfectly. And the black outline looks perfect, I think.

Thank you for your work!

Alisson Sousa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Thalzon, do you use this in your projects, or you are doing it to help the community? where i can find your other artworks(Or Games) ? PS: The New Ant and the ManEaterFlower looks amazing. (Garden Vs. Graveyard Theme)^_^

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

symmetry-evans

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
These are fabulous. I can't wait to see more!!

P.S. Your flower is my favorite so far. It's the most fun-looking and I love the colors. More plant battlers!! :D

Tyler Warren

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thalzon,
These are excellent. Easily your best work (in my view)! Very clean and sharp looking, very professional.
As far as feedback goes, I am not in love with the shadows, but they're ok. Maybe including a shadow and non-shadow version of each when you pack them up? I think it's a good idea. Other than that though, this is a great showing of your talent. I look forward to seeing the rest.

Tyler did come later, but I love his style. I think he does amazing shading (by hand, no less!) and he's definitely an inspiration for this newer set.
Thalzon was a giant before I ever showed up. He has an advantage in working digital. I'm still a paper lover at heart and can't get used to digital imagery.
Again, this set shows off some great talent Thalzon has and I look forward to more!

I think the black outline is a little too harsh, but the rest of the style is really nice. I like them.
Just goes to show you can't please everyone, I was actually thinking I loved the black outline. :)

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Much better than the Ace ones. Great quality.

DarkDesu

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Just the battlers I needed for a forest map. Great job!

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Looks glorious! You changed your style totally though Oo this looks extremely professional (in addition to glorious ^^)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgmakernoob