Thalzon's MV Battlers

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I basically went through the wikipedia list of myths and legends from around the world and drew a bunch of those. Some might end up getting that "esper" look.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I see. You did a good job.
But I admit, it would have been nice to see "your" Ifrit, a Shiva or a Diabolos. :LZYwink: :LZYwink: :LZYwink:

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thursday update this week sees some desert (ish) monsters of myth: The Sphinx (a gynosphinx, to be precise), and a creature from Greek mythology called Chrysaor, who was birthed from the remains of Medusa. And then a female thief. Can't have enough of those.

Enjoy.

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You really beefed up those spinies with this last update.

Also in the old US, both Bison and Antelopes crossed the desert, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them meandering about.

Deldrim

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
How about not annoy him with a new suggestion every week.
He is doing a great job and I guess he has still many plans and would ask if he needs any suggestions.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Huh. I missed a week somehow. Sorry folks, the new job is very physically demanding, and I've been feeling quite tired. But I do have an update this week. We've got a few odd birds. The Allicanto was a bird whose wings were said to contain rare metals. The Ba is an aspect of the human soul in Egyptian myth that contains everything that makes you unique. And Alkonost is a named harpy from myth.
Then there's the dirawong. It's a creature of Australian origin that protects its chosen people from the Rainbow Serpent.

We're coming close to the end of the Desert expansion. Afterwards, we'll be going back to Snow Creatures for a time. Enjoy.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Here we go, the last up[date to the desert set.

The two kind-of formless things are A Bao A Qu, a spirit that followed people up a tower. The higher they climbed, the more the spirit took a real shape, but they inevitably descended and the spirit would return to its amorphous state. And we have the desert god boss. Remember that bald guy from months ago? He's back and more centipedey than ever.

Desert pack and the master file are updated in the first post too. Next time we get started on some new snow-themed battlers.

Oh, and faces are updated too.

Faces now have their own rar file in the first post. Enjoy.

GatoradePony

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Inspirational work as always Thalzon. I wonder... have you given more thought to lending to your Ars Goetia monsters the side view treatment? I know you’re about to go into the snow expansion set, but I noticed you’d said you had plans to do so a while ago!

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It's that time again. This update breaks all the visual links for the desert and face images, so go to the first post of the thread to download them! We kick off the Snow set update with a few beasties. We have Nanook, the legendary bear spirit, some underwater panthers, called Mishipeshu, and a narwhal and beluga. Enjoy.

Snakes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can't put those white dolphins in as an enemy. I'd never forgive myself for killing something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Leokids wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Hi
Hi, I just finished the sprite section.

I open a commission for Pixel art and art, for more examples I'll present tomorrow.
Can someone test a windowskin for me? I can't while traveling (I'll send as PM).
VX/VX Ace Kids is the Best for Me,but MV/MZ Did a Bit Better than VX/VX Ace But Nothing Beats VX/VX Ace!

Finally finished the first character for the free bust set I'm making. It turned out more big
SD than chibi, but I can't help but fall into my natural style. I'll post a thread once I've got more to show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BitterBitter