thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh, amazing. I love these.

What is he going to do with that baby!?

The big purple fin monster is my favorite, I think.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Qalupalik eat babies.

I have decided to start updating on Saturdays instead of Thursdays so I might actually REMEMBER to update biweekly again.

So, today, we have a snow-bound mage, a merman, a.... robot.... bird.... and, a, uh... plant? I think it's a plant. Undersea arctic plant. Yes.

mage_10.png
mechanoid_21.png
mer_10.png
plant_14.png
plant_15.png

The merman is an Agloolik, again from Inuit myth. They either help hunters or drown them. The robot bird is meant to be a gagama, but now, making a cursory browse through wikipedia and google, I cannot find any info about it. Weird. It's not meant to be a robot, but I figured I could make some more mechanical creatures once in a while. Enjoy. And hopefully I remember to update every 2 weeks from here on out.

Saireau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That mechanical bird is super cool! :D

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Update this week is some seals, some werewolves, and a giant weasel.
The half-seal, half-human is a Selkie, from European myth. They were skinchangers who could transform between a woman and a seal.
The bipedal weasel is a Kushtaka, and the werewolves are from Inuit myth, and are called Adlet. They had the legs of wolves, which allowed them to hunt swiftly and fiercely. Enjoy.

seal_02.png
seal_03.png
weasel_04.png
werewolf_02.png
werewolf_03.png

LeetMusic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I used these in my game and credited you. Thank you!

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Holidays got a bit crazy, so I missed last week. Sorry, buds. This week we have some aquatic creatures from the far north.

whale_01.png
whale_02.png
whale_03.png
worm_11.png
worm_12.png

The orca with legs is an ahk'lut, a monster from Inuit mythology. It was an orca that hunted on land like a wolf. The pink blob guys are sea pigs. Enjoy.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Actual on-time update this week sees the conclusion of the snow battlers for now. We have a massive snow goddess rising from the cold sea, and some weird yetis.

yeti_03.pngyeti_04.pngboss_08.pngboss_08a.png
Yikes, she's got something on her face.

Anyway, next update we'll be starting on an expansion for the underworld set. Demons, devil, and creatures of cavern and deep sea await! Til next time.

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Awesome close out to a really good set. Love the goddess. That's good boss material.

MacMakerVXAce

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These are absolutely incredible! I am continually blown away by what you're able to produce. I can't wait for what comes next.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thursday update, and we're onto a new set, so the old image links are all broken. You can find the Snow battlers link in the first post. The .rar file should be updated. Now, we're onto underworld expansion, which means lots of new demonic and aberrant foes, as well as some cave-dwellers and deep-sea creatures. This update has some winged demonic scouts.

aberration_17.png
aberration_18.png
aberration_19.png
aberration_20.png
aberration_21.png
aberration_22.png

You'll likely see more size and colour variations moving forward, too. Enjoy.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It's update time. This week we have some little polyp things that might be more home inside a giant creature than a cave, and a few variants of a demon called Manananggal. These demons are from the Philippines, and are vampiric creatures who drink the blood of sleeping people. Enjoy.

body_02.png
body_03.png
demon_17.png
demon_18.png
demon_18a.png
demon_19.png
demon_19a.png

Vergel_Nikolai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's update time. This week we have some little polyp things that might be more home inside a giant creature than a cave, and a few variants of a demon called Manananggal. These demons are from the Philippines, and are vampiric creatures who drink the blood of sleeping people. Enjoy.

body_02.png
body_03.png
demon_17.png
demon_18.png
demon_18a.png
demon_19.png
demon_19a.png
I am from the Philippines and to be specific, the manananggal (translates to "remover", since it can remove their top body from their lower half to go hunt in the night) devour the unborn children of slumbering pregnant women with their very long probosis/tongue. Very scary.

I love your battlers and these manananggals are very spooky and gross and I love em! Keep up the good work.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Another demonic update this week. We'll be posting a lot of demons in the upcoming weeks, actually.

demon_20.png
demon_21.png
demon_22.png
demon_23.png

The green demon is a "Titivillus", a demon from Christianity who sneaks errors into the writings of scribes. He also collects misspoken words during church services to add to your collection of sins. The rhino-headed demon is not a specific one. The big guy is Eurynomos, from Greek mythology. He is said to eat all the flesh of corpses in Hades. The imp girl with the spear is not a specific demon either.

Enjoy!

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, that last set of monsters is really cool. Very well designed. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing with the community.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can't BELIEVE I just looked into your battlers when I've known of them for so long! Absolutely beautiful work. Thank you so much for them! I've already found a dozen battlers I was needing for my project and I've only glanced at the master file so far! Keep up the amazing work, Thalzon!

What's crazy about some of your battlers is that I've recently made sprites for some, like the Heart and Gelatinous Cube, and was needing SV Battlers. I had future plans for more sprites, like a bone dragon for example, and what do I find in your battlers -Bone Dragon. I cannot express how grateful I am for these SV Battlers.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Strangely, it seems the dropbox links to images are broken. Rather than fix them all, I updated the underworld and master files in the first post to include all the latest images. If you're looking for any of the new stuff I've posted over the last few weeks, they'll be there now.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
New update today. Today we have more demons. The blue bird demon is from Jewish folklore, called Broxa. It was said to drink the milk of livestock, and occasionally the blood of humans. The pigs are Ao Ao, from South American lore. They are named for the sound they make as they chase their preferred prey: humans. Humans are apparently quite tasty to demons.
demon_32.pngdemon_33.pngdemon_34.pngdemon_35.pngdemon_36.pngdemon_36a.pngdemon_36b.pngdemon_36c.pngdemon_36d.pngdemon_36e.png

I've decided to just upload battlers through the site itself instead of dropbox for now, to avoid another massive link break like earlier this week. Enjoy.

CrocPirate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love how some of your battlers are based on mythology you normally don't see in a RPG. As someone who loves mythology and folk tales, it's just refreshing to see.

I mean, I love Greek, Viking, and Yokai monsters as much as the next guy, but you went the extra mile and gave us creatures from Native American, Philippine, and Jewish folklore AND more!!
Dude, you rock!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I managed to review my previous lessons on Learn MV and fixed a lot of things. Yay! :kaopride:
I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.
For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Yay. I turned 39 today. Another year older, another year closer to the grave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocket