Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the fun fact! This week's update is more dragons, a fairy-dwarf, and some eels.
The dragons are knuckers, known in England to live in wells and natural spring sinkholes. The dwarf is a patuparairehe, which is from New Zealand and Maori mythology. It was meant to be part of the Mountain set, but got forgotten for... a few years. Finally, the eels are Tizheruk, which are cryptids from the Pacific ocean, probably in actuality a seal misidentified.
This concludes the new monsters for the swamp set of monsters that do not actually live in swamps. Thank you.

dragon_19.pngdragon_19a.pngdragon_19b.pngdragon_20.pngdragon_20a.pngdwarf_18.pngeel_04.pngeel_04a.pngeel_05.pngeel_05a.png

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This week's update features some variety of beasts and mythical creatures.
First, we have the Splintercat. These cats have hard, spiky heads, which they use to ram trees, shattering them to splinters. They move with astonishing speed and are said to even fly through the air. Next, we have the Jabberwock, a dragon-like beast from Through the Looking Glass, the sequel book to Alice in Wonderland, appearing in a nonsense poem. The fairies are Iele, Roman counterparts to nymphs, though here they take on a more classical fairy appearance. They live in forests, lakes, and mountain, and use their magic to seduce men. The pink fairy is Hua Po, spirits born from trees where three or more people are hung. They sing like songbirds. Finally, we have a catfish, in multiple colours. The large ones could be considered Namazu, a Japanese catfish monster said to cause earthquakes.

cat_20.pngcat_21.pngdragon_21.pngfairy_09.pngfairy_10.pngfish_11.pngfish_11a.pngfish_11b.pngfish_12.pngfish_12a.pngfish_12b.png

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
We are here once again with another swampy update. We've got some mandrakes lurking in the ground, and some odd fluffballs from Japanese lore called Kesaran Pasaran. They are creatures meant to bring good luck and happiness. Finally we have some frog-men. Called Bullywugs in Dungeons and Dragons, they tend to live in wetlands, where they are easy pickings for any despotic ruler to lord over.
flower_15.pngflower_16.pngflower_17.pngflowerr_18.pngfluff_01.pngfluff_01a.pngfluff_02.pngfluff_02a.pngfrogman_01.pngfrogman_02.pngfrogman_03.png

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello, today's update is a bit smaller, but more varied. First, we have the seven-headed monster Teju Jagua. A legendary monster of Guarani mythology, he is far from vicious, but is quite powerful. His eyes can shoot fire, but he generally feeds on fruit or honey.
Next we have Nirumbee, who are little gnomish people of the Pryor Mountains. Often vicious and warlike, they nonetheless play some spiritual advisory roles towards the Crow tribes of western North America.
Finally, we have Tulikettu, or the Fire Fox, of Finland... Don't ask why it's wearing prayer beads and a magatama. Maybe it just came back from a trip somewhere...
dragon_22.pngdragon_22a.pngdwarf_18.pngdwarf_19.pngfox_03.png

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
these frogs are awesome - great style and incredible variety!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am loving the undead (?) Mushroom toad. I have a level he would fit very nicely in.

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the replies!
A little late on today's update, but we have some swamp goblins for your battling pleasure. They're a bit different from the more thematic fare of previous goblins. The tall ones could possibly be leaders, half-goblins, or just plain goblins who are taller/smarter/whatever. The impish ones are from Greek mythology, called Kobalos. They are sort of proto-goblins, the origin point of many goblinoid legends, from gnomes to red caps to kobolds. Enjoy.
goblin_14.pnggoblin_15.pnggoblin_15a.pnggoblin_16.pnggoblin_16a.pnggoblin_16b.png

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
April was a real drag this year. So cold and dreary. But we have an update today.
gorgon_02.pnggorgon_02a.pnggorgon_03.pnggorgon_03a.pnggorgon_03b.pnggorgon_04.pnggorgon_05.png
Gorgons are a familiar monster of Greek mythology. There was originally just one Gorgon, who came from the underworld. The myth was later expanded to be about three sisters and their origin. Their names were Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa. Enjoy.

itachi11115

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great work, especially on the bosses. I can see myself using several of these.
A great addition would be warthogs/boars

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This week's update gives us some new mythical creatures. First off, we have Herne the Hunter. Herne's first recorded mention is in William Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor, but it's possible he was based off earlier stories or legends. Next we have the grindylow, goblins that have made appearances in many media. These are aquatic goblins, often depicted with mermaid-like lower halves. Finally, we have the tripodero, an odd creature with extendable legs from the southern US. Enjoy.
hunter_06.pnghunter_06a.pngimp_16.pngimp_16a.pnglizard_09.pnglizard_09a.pnglizard_09b.pnglizard_09c.png

Thalzon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
May passed by so quickly, it seems. Here's this week's update, full of things with long, flexible bodies.
First off is the giant snake known as a grootslang, which lives in South Africa. Said to be as large as an elephant, hence the tusks on this one. Next, we have the Crowing Cobra, from central Africa. It doesn't just have a rooster's crest -- it also crows like a bird. The long weasel is the wapaloosie, from the US. It lives in trees and scratches at unwary lumberjacks with its razor-sharp claws. Finally, we have Sinkhole Sam, dwelling in a Kansas region known as The Sinkhole, aptly enough. It has another name, much more odd... Foopengerkle. It's become something of a mascot for the region.
That's all for this week. See you in June.
snake_10.pngsnake_11.pngsnake_12.pngsnake_12a.pngsnake_13.pngsnake_13a.pngweasel_05.pngweasel_05a.pngworm_15.pngworm_15a.pngworm_15b.pngworm_16.pngworm_16a.pngworm_16b.png

BlueVikingr

The Dragonbirb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love your art style so much, and it's great to have such a wide variety of creatures and characters that match. Thank you so much for continuing to create these. :hhappy::hhappy::hhappy:

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Just a quick question to @Thalzon, but have you made bees/wasps/hornets, or have I just missed it? :dizzy:

Cernunnos711

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sry I replied, first time commenting.
But these are amazing they'll be perfect for my game.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope you can make some of those sideview battlers into frontview.
or maybe sprites?

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Would you consider 'upgrading' the bees in a similar way?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Messing around with fragment shaders (filters). This thing is HUGE and I'm surprised almost no one makes good use of. Even the number of plugins that do this stuff are limited.
ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!
DrBuni wrote on Akiritas's profile.
That is a cute Link picture, reminds me of the Samurai Jack artstyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lennonmchugh01