Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update/Fixes
Updated UI, Save locations, no longer showing DATA info.

Updated Main menu and icons.

Added new front cover for the game.

Fixed fishing house roof glitch.

Fixed more spelling error's Ingredients is now spelled correctly, on Items and dialogue.

Shortened DL - MB size.

Updated the Tombstone - floor system.

Damage over time now works rather then taking damage at the end of turn, with state's, such as burned etc.

Necklace healing item now heal's over time, as intended.
Added new lamptums in the world.

Changed respawn for the first dungeon floor.

Changed some teleports through door's so you don't accidentally walk back through, some are still outstanding.

Fixed name tags for member in the PUB.

Fixed some more grammer in Cpt's Blakes training.

Balanced the game more - ( Note ) Demo boss is now considerably harder, as a result but not impossible.

New dialogue on demo boss.

New dialogue in Ruin dungeon.

Fixed battlers clashing with the HUD.

Known issue's

Vines in Ruin cavern not working, when player plants seed.

''Added new lamptums in the world'' currently only one show's animation for light.

Updated: 22/12/2020

Frozen Cavern now a ruin, as Intended, as this fits the theme of the game. Don't worry the frozen dungeons will make a return on the correct dungeon floor.

Battle UI updated ( ATB now at the top and visible) and the correct ATB now hovers over the correct Actors, removed face graphic on turn wheel, and background HUD on turn wheel to de-clutter battle UI.

Fishing mini game Added. Fishing shop and pond maps added, new fishing items added.

General fishing in world maps.( currently ) only one available and NOT in use in Demo.

New scene added showing more interaction between actors in the magic shop.

Ice sword renamed to Rose sword. Ice bleed is now Bleed.

Ice scorpions are now Fire Scorpions with reduced Stats for balance, as they are a little OP. Added new abilities.
Acid scorpion added to Well map, and stats lowered for balance.

Added reflective mirror's around the world.

Fixed missing enemies troop names.

Forest entrance map is now layered differently, some tile meshing bugs remain but overall improved.

Uprated the transition map to forest dungeon.

Goadis now appears when he is needed to, and not hovering around whilst the heroes talk.

Spelling in some earlier parts of the game.

Known issue's:

Some troops need relocating as they are clashing with the HUD. In some minor cases.
Hello all, over the last couple of months I have been working on a project, Today I would like to talk a little about the project. And allow you all to try my Demo!. See Download at the bottom of this POST.

IT boast around 1 hour and a half of gameplay!

Title:
That time I got sucked into a computer game.( May shorten it ).

What is it about/Story break down.

It starts of with 4 teenagers in a sleep over, playing computer games all night and day.
Just as their getting up for the next day, they decide to try a new computer game.
The main character declare's the game is ''Special edition number one... OH YEAH!''
When they activate the game the console breaks, and a flash appears, and they get sucked into a computer game.
They then find themselves trapped in a medieval fantasy RPG setting.
They are greeted by a Overseer, called GOADIS, who announces their arrivals and constantly refers to them as HEROES.
Goadis tells the heroes they must save all of Valoria ( The game world ) from destruction.

He explains that there are several Gods in the realm that have been imprisoned by Vantis, and that it is the heroes goal to save the gods from their prison and destroy Vantis.

He then warns the heroes that there are several dungeon floor's to be conquered. Each floor has a unique setting and
a god to save, inching closer to finding out what Vantis is up to.

He informs the heroes to take advantage of the starter town before heading off on the dungeon floors.
The heroes question how they are to get home.

There are plot twists and turns with in the story going forward some part of it is revealed in the demo.

Feature's in game/demo.
Guild like quest/side quests.
LOOT! And smashable objects.
ATB battle system.
Lighting.
Weather Effects.
Hookshot mechanics.
Integrated harvesting system, where harvested nodes respawn over time/ and crafting these.
Puzzles.
Dungeon crawl.
Beautiful maps.
Jumping mechanics.
Quest Log.

1607755953751.png 1607756009512.png 1607756121845.png Battle-screen-shotPNG.PNGRuins-screen-shot.PNG

Characters:

Jules:

Face_1.png
A cocky teenager with an abundance of confidence, the leader of his circle of friends.
Keto:
Face_3.png

A scaredy cat, that pretends to be tougher then he looks, and is full of sarcasm, and disappointment.
Sonis:
Face_4.png
A girl with a heart of gold, she is clever, and the voice of reason. Keto may/may not have a crush on her.
Marme:
Face_2.png

A fire cracker who is straight talking and usually bridges the banter between Jules and Keto, and being close friends with Sonis.

Class Type's:
Jules - Swords/duel swords/Axe type melee, with some Wind magic. High HP and Att.
Keto: - Power Glove/Claw type, with electricity with his weapons of arms, and magic.
Marme: - Mage - Usually consisting of offensive fire magic. What she lacks in HP she makes up for in M att.
Sonis:- A supporter class, that uses the Bow and arrow as a main, but has strong supportive Ice Magic abilities and skills. She is fast to react.

FEED BACK: It is much appriciated. I would like to know, what you liked about the game if you did? and etc.

And finally THE DOWNLOAD LINK!!! FOR THE DEMO.

Media FIRE:https://www.mediafire.com/file/x1yt0vbanz7miew/That_time_i_got_sucked_into_a_computer_game.rar/file

Itcho:

Edit : Haha new Image for Marme thanks to my wonderful friend! @Ak0i
marme.png

Last edited:

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
title is flawless, tbh, I wouldn't shorten or change it at all

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when I play it for a 15min, there are a few things.

there are some things on mapping to be done on the first 2 maps (minor),
2nd floor if it is or floor 1 (confusing) if the forest floor 2). but here is my tiny
feedback for now:

story is nice (not really read it fully), but in item scene after some getting items,
some say incrediant others ingrediant which should be ingredient.

there is also town of beginings (should be beginning) double N,
there are alot of typo's, need to replay to get them all, but to many, so you should check
the story and fix those, also in hte intro of the demo " i " should be in capital " I ".

as for going to the next floor which is confusing on how to get there, I found it, but
it was pretty unclear.
while it say go to next floor, I did, but interacting with that one, was confusing,
to town, stay or to floor 2, which can be done instantly, not sure if the forest is floor 2
or not, but that mapping looks really good, when in the cave or ice cave, it was less
decorated (I know it's in development still), but the forest is one of the best map I
saw in your game.
the concept around looks really good, so I will replay from start (but I wont bugtest it),
because mostly is the grammar, typo's so far I saw, but there was 1 tiny issue on the
battle part of weakness of the enemy,

when you encounter the same enemy A and B, with 2 weaknesses, and you reveil them on the
top one, the below one gets +1 empty weakness slot to it, but when A is dead, it dissapeared.

see if you can fix this as well, but I hope you can fix the typos from start and the town part first.
didn't really pay attention when ported to the forest part.

EDIT 2:
some text are cut off in the message box, some enemies has no weakness and than it has 3,
than it doesn't when it dies.... which is really weird.

I'm not sure if you have any revive item or better healing, becuase the balance should
be fixed as well.

Last edited:

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello ShadowDragon, first I would like to personally thank you for trying out the Demo and providing feed back! I have overhauled the spelling, and I have found some since the release of the demo, I will address it as soon as I can.

As for the floors you said you were a little confused, Cpt Blake explains/ Goadis both explain that there are several dungeon floors. The town of beginnings is a town and not a dungeon floor. So the forest map ( Ruins ) is the first dungeon floor. The second floor is not available in the demo, this will have a whole differant theme, I will try to get it explained better, so this is not confusing.

I'm glad you like the lighting and maps overall.

There are many, items to be found in the town of beginnings and the dungeons there are even hidden items and puzzle items you may have walked past. The player is rewarded for exploring. There are revive items in the PUB. There are potions shops and item synthisis to be able to make more healing items and eventrully Sonis and Jules will learn new self heal skills. I think you are correct, in terms of some balancing. Those dam, scorpions right? They are proberly a little on the tough side early on and will need addressing.

Weakneses: You are correct about the weakness display box, the Earth symbol is to represent unknown weakneses, I can look into changing this through the parametre's. So thank you for bringing that up.

again ShadowDragon Thank you for your feed back I will take this on board, it's also very pleasing to hear you want to play the game, but on it's final representation!

THANK YOU!

Ak0i

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like to point out a few things in relation to your feedback, ShadowDragon!

I've played through the demo twice now and I'd like your clarification on some things.
In the beginning you are put into the "Town of Beginnings" which then you are explained that the characters were sucked into a video game world. In which the characters state that they should explore. The first thing you notice when you get player control is the "door" to the north. Definitely stands out due to it being in the middle of the park area. After exploring, the floor opens up after the tutorial from Cpt. Blake.
In which if you interact with the door again it allows you to go into the first floor.
The second floor isn't available in the demo; in which the text informs you of.

Exploring each area is very helpful as you will not only find the shops which sell potions and other materials, there are chests around that gives you these items as well. One such being a revive!
With healing; when Sonis turns level 4 she gets a pretty hefty heal which helped exponentially in the later parts of the game.

Overall I never had an issue with the balance and if there was an area I struggled with; it was fairly easy to go back to town and stock back up.

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon I just wish to illistrate i do take on board feed back. The map is now more decorative, and is no longer an ice Cavern, and fits within the theme of the rest of the dungeon! a ruin.

Icetemple.png

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean more, if town of beginning is floor 1, the stone table isn't directed to be a door,
at least not on first glans.

placing seeds is nice, but does it need water? or how long till it grows? is also unknown,
I know it needs a seed to go to the chest from the image.

invisible events (same as character) some area's are not in the demo), while there are
3 on the wall, why not place 1, or the other 2 ("not yet available") or around this settings,
as for the floor stones:
- back to town
- ruins (stay here)
- floor 2 <- either the name present or hidden (HIMES HIDDEN CHOICE) or visible after
clearing the floor or grey out which is disabled (more visible).

I was rank 3 but no healing spells atm, as scorpions deals 16-24 dmg. some normal
attack like fire from marme is almost the same strenght as the skill fire.

planting seeds = similair to zelda (majora's mask)
the moving platform over water (similair to golden sun, but it has different levels of water)
invisible chest is also in zelda game if you compleet some.

and I can call another few, not bad though, some elements can return in many games,
but different way in the mechanic or extra mechanic like the flames you added.

Also I didn't tell anything on the lighting part, but map in general. but I'm also curious
how the game goes in developement.

so this game got my interest, but some points need to be more clear.
when you have 2-4 floors ready, feel free to ping me and I will bug test the demo
for you and give feedback/suggestion (it's up to you what you do with them).

you got my attention on this game, well done on that part :)

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I think the game was good with the ice cavern or not [though I really like ice-type stuff like monsters, areas, etc.], and here are a few reasons why I like it: I love pixel games, your storyline is balanced, characters are good [I saw that one of them is you], Dungeons and areas are very good, and that is just so good of a game. negatives: The only negative is that I'd liked the Ice cavern and I wish it stayed but otherwise that's it.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the game was good with the ice cavern or not [though I really like ice-type stuff like monsters, areas, etc.], and here are a few reasons why I like it: I love pixel games, your storyline is balanced, characters are good [I saw that one of them is you], Dungeons and areas are very good, and that is just so good of a game. negatives: The only negative is that I'd liked the Ice cavern and I wish it stayed but otherwise that's it.
I actually agree with you, the ice cavern was nice.

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I love Ice-type stuff there just so...HMM!

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for following, and enjoying the Demo it means alot!, I have some great news for you, The first dungeon floor is a ruin, and so the Ice cavern had to go... HOWEVER.. The third dungeon floor will be Snow themed and will have Ice dungeons! with more puzzles.

Thanks for playing Bendyizzt!

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT'S VERY GOOD NEWS FOR YOUR VERY GOOD GAME!!!
[Maybe not its up to you, but I have a monster that could fit right in there]

[Sorry I meant its up to you if you want this in your game]

Attachments

• pixels (4).png
    pixels (4).png
    21.4 KB · Views: 3

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently working on new dungeons and water temples which have changing water levels fun fun. Fishing anyone? Year I shall try that too. ;)

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Water Dungeons are cool...If you ask me I like Fire, Water, and shadow dungeons...Ice Dungeons taking first place on my list...

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I just played the game over again and yet I continue to restart and play it again... It a really good game and it's coming second place to my favorite RPG maker games...

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I didn't finish the demo, but I think I've played enough to give some useful feedback. Besides what Dragon already said:

- I'm not sure if you half-assed the indoor maps or you are just not good at indoor mapping, but there's a huge difference in your outdoor maps and indoor maps. Most of your indoor maps are either incomplete, I believe, or just don't look very nice. Hope you'll work on this.
- In the house where you fish, if you go the left, let the owner say his dialogue, you can walk up the ceiling tiles.
- The intro scene - I can change who's the leading character in the formation menu. So if I switch to one of the girls, the cutscene that comes after that will show her and her event sprite at the same time.
- The teleport event that takes you to the dungeons - I don't get why you can't just let the player teleport by examining the white device (whatever that thing is). You set it to the tile in front of the device so every time I walk by and step on that tile, I'd be asked to teleport to a dungeon.
- I think there were some dialogue mistakes with the guild girl as well, but I can't recall what they are now.
- After I accepted the first quest, the event sprite changed to a paper being torn. But after I finished that quest, it turned back to normal again, but couldn't be examined.
- Also, I can talk to the guild girl for 3 times and receive my reward 3 times.
- Combat isn't bad, overall, but lacks excitement. Perhaps due to a lack of skills at the beginning. And I think you're still using the default MV combat system. Characters don't even move near the enemies when they use melee attacks. I did play until I gained some TP skills, but they still felt pretty useless against a common enemy at this point in the game: orc.
- The big orc in the ruined castle has too much HP and little strategy or challenge. The fight drags on for too long with me just spamming normal attack until it dies. Its weakness is thunder, but thunder skill did very little damage on it. It's just a waste of time and resources.
- There's a lack of a hook to keep me interested in the game. What's the story? A group of friends got trapped in a game and they are worshipped as heroes. Now they go to a dungeon. What else? There's nothing else about the story besides just going into a dungeon for no reason (rescue a god? I don't remember). The dungeon designs are cool and interesting, though, gotta commend you for that.
- Very little character interactions as well. At least the ones I've seen weren't bad.
- There are so many gates and doors in the first floor that when the game tells me I got a new key, I had no idea which door it can be used on.
- Having to complete sections of the dungeon, the go back to town to heal and restock, then backtrack again to where I left off felt kind of annoying. But I don't know what kind of game you are making...

This is where I stopped playing.

sserr.png

I could dismiss the message by pressing Z, but it would still continue to pop up again and again after a few seconds. I could have kept playing, but I decided not to.
- I suggest you make the ATB bar bigger and move it to the bottom for better visibility. And remove those markings on the left and right of the battle hud.

That's all for now. Not sure if I forgot anything, but will let you know if anything else comes to mind.

Last edited:

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Thank you for your honest feed back can't say anyone has that had that error before nor myself.
I would urge you to carry on playing there is a demo boss that is way more interesting then the orgre and a cut scene just before it that adds to the story.

My interior was surposed to be basic as it's the first town, ( Town of beginnings ) But your right they could be made more interesting.

Thank you for the bug reports also ! this helps greatly.

Your also not wrong on the back to town method perhaps i could use the camp fire's or a shrine for a restore point. As this also irratated myself.

As for the guild, the new page will be a new mission, it's not completed it was just demonstrating what the mechanic is.. but I will proberly add something so you know this.

As for teleporting - I've had feed back wanting it the way it currently is :\ I can't please everybody.

Thank you for taking the time to play it, and i'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as one should, I appriciate the feed back.

Sparky89

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't finish the demo, but I think I've played enough to give some useful feedback. Besides what Dragon already said:

- I'm not sure if you half-assed the indoor maps or you are just not good at indoor mapping, but there's a huge difference in your outdoor maps and indoor maps. Most of your indoor maps are either incomplete, I believe, or just don't look very nice. Hope you'll work on this.
- In the house where you fish, if you go the left, let the owner say his dialogue, you can walk up the ceiling tiles.
- The intro scene - I can change who's the leading character in the formation menu. So if I switch to one of the girls, the cutscene that comes after that will show her and her event sprite at the same time.
- The teleport event that takes you to the dungeons - I don't get why you can't just let the player teleport by examining the white device (whatever that thing is). You set it to the tile in front of the device so every time I walk by and step on that tile, I'd be asked to teleport to a dungeon.
- I think there were some dialogue mistakes with the guild girl as well, but I can't recall what they are now.
- After I accepted the first quest, the event sprite changed to a paper being torn. But after I finished that quest, it turned back to normal again, but couldn't be examined.
- Also, I can talk to the guild girl for 3 times and receive my reward 3 times.
- Combat isn't bad, overall, but lacks excitement. Perhaps due to a lack of skills at the beginning. And I think you're still using the default MV combat system. Characters don't even move near the enemies when they use melee attacks. I did play until I gained some TP skills, but they still felt pretty useless against a common enemy at this point in the game: orc.
- The big orc in the ruined castle has too much HP and little strategy or challenge. The fight drags on for too long with me just spamming normal attack until it dies. Its weakness is thunder, but thunder skill did very little damage on it. It's just a waste of time and resources.
- There's a lack of a hook to keep me interested in the game. What's the story? A group of friends got trapped in a game and they are worshipped as heroes. Now they go to a dungeon. What else? There's nothing else about the story besides just going into a dungeon for no reason (rescue a god? I don't remember). The dungeon designs are cool and interesting, though, gotta commend you for that.
- Very little character interactions as well. At least the ones I've seen weren't bad.
- There are so many gates and doors in the first floor that when the game tells me I got a new key, I had no idea which door it can be used on.
- Having to complete sections of the dungeon, the go back to town to heal and restock, then backtrack again to where I left off felt kind of annoying. But I don't know what kind of game you are making...

This is where I stopped playing.

sserr.png

I could dismiss the message by pressing Z, but it would still continue to pop up again and again after a few seconds. I could have kept playing, but I decided not to.
- I suggest you make the ATB bar bigger and move it to the bottom for better visibility. And remove those markings on the left and right of the battle hud.

That's all for now. Not sure if I forgot anything, but will let you know if anything else comes to mind.
Had a massive break due to change of job etc, - trying to get back into it, and looking through feed back, the Audio bug is now fixed and upon this I have found another one in the same battle. I have also fixed the fishing/walls. I have turned off the ability to change the leading character. as for the guild i'm thinking of scrapping this altogether as to many players have stated it to be confusing with the quest journal system and as for eventing it, quite the headache also. The combat does lack something I agree, so I'm thinking of adding in some animations and voices, the skills in the beginning are yes generic and easy but they do ramp up to much in my opinion we shall see.

I will add something to hint to the player what the key is for. the quest jorunal is incomplete so perhaps when entering a dungeon ( clear out dungeon ) you get a key ( quest updated ) etc. Your feed back has been valuable, I will work on these changes as and when i can, and hopefully re-upload the demo.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Child base test two, flappin' their arms like it's VX Ace.
ChildTest-02.gif
Zaj
Hi quick question. Is it possible for me to make a custom VXAce script without learning some bulkiness of Ruby?
Never Forget you've Got a friend, Even you feel your alone, Jesus Christ is there to Love and Be with you when your alone
6000 Plugins for RPG Maker MV, Pixel RPG Icons, & Reboot Pixel Font | RPG Maker News #38

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rauro