The 2k3 Nostalgia Pit

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by shadefoundry, Apr 26, 2017.

1. shadefoundry

shadefoundry Is Sinistar Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello all,
    I did these for a project I'm working on but it was brought to my attention that others might like to have them too, so today I bring you pretty much the entire RPG Maker 2003 RTP resized and formatted to work with VXAce.

Included are:
    • All of the Monster Battlers
    • All of the Character Sets
    • All of the Animations (This includes all of the RM2000 animations as well as they came bundled with 2003)
    • All of the BattleBacks, resized but not cropped so they work with resolutions up to 640*480.
    • All of the Faces
    • Window Systems formatted for the Ace Window
    • All of the tilesets, formatted to use autotiles where possible, and to be as compact as possible so there's plenty of space for edits.
    • A few small edits made of my own, which make mapping easier (trees overlaying, etc.)
    Here's a few examples of how they look in use:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download:
    You can download the individual parts at the bottom of the page.

OR You can download the ZIP packed with everything HERE

Some things to note:
    • Everything's formatted so you can just drag and drop into your project directory.
    • You will need to shift-map to use a few of these. This is the one downside of having to move some things into auto tiles.
    • Most of the tiles in the bottom row of A3 are formatted to be 2 tiles high. They work alright with other sizes but some of them might look a bit off if you're not using them to shift-map.
    • Some impassable ground tiles (holes, etc.) have had to be moved to the A4 sheet, as there simply was not enough space to format everything into one set without having tons of files with like 4 tiles in them and nothing else.
    Terms of Use:
    • Credit Enterbrain for the RM2003 RTP Graphics
    • Terms of use are the same as the 2003 RTP. If you don't own the program, you probably can't use these.
    • There's no need to credit me, but if you want to, credit me as Shady or ShadeFoundry.
    • Please do not re-post these anywhere else.
    These are free provided the above list is followed.

• May 1, 2017: Moved cliff tiles from A3 to A4 so they tile properly, added dungeon wall parts to TileC for easier dungeon mapping.
    • April 25, 2017: Initial Release

Hope these are useful to someone :)
    -Shady

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  2. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Good job on most of it! I don't mean to complain, but you cant make several of the wall tiles any taller than 2 tiles high without some tiling issues. :/ ...about half of the walls are darker towards the bottom. The wall will look striped. Its not a huge deal, its an easy edit. But I just wanted to point that out to people. Thanks for going through the effort to reformat them :) .

EDIT: I will make the edits, and post them here on this comment a little later, if thats ok. :) .

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  3. shadefoundry

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I did actually mention that a lot of the walls pretty much have to be 2 tiles high unless they're shift-mapped. I can make edits for them though, it's no problem :)

EDIT: The reason I didn't make the edit initially was because I wanted to keep the tiles exactly as they were for 2003, but if people would rather have a slightly easier mapping experience I'm fine with making slight changes.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    PixelHeart likes this.
  4. Arcmagik

Arcmagik Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is great. I wish I had this 2 months ago!

shadefoundry likes this.
  5. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    @shadefoundry - You did say that, Im terribly sorry. I guess I didint read it all. :< ...my bad.

6. shadefoundry

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    All good, if you want I can post edited versions regardless :)