The absolute best (complete) rpg maker games

Rezzo5150

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I hate how there are so many gamers that won't give a game a shot when they discover it was made using RPG maker.

I've only encountered a few games that were so good I could not put them down, and even played an RPGmaker DragonBall game that is by far better than any official DBZ RPG made, better than the SNES one , better than the NES card based fighting system ones.

Dragon Ball Legend of Z
, so far my favorite RPG made in RPG maker. 5 years in the making and the finished product shows. Great pacing, balance, writing, graphics, battle system, length, it's the entire Z saga and GT and maybe further.

Last Scenario

Another amazing RPG maker game.

I am not well versed in the RPGMAKER universe, please recommend me more completed games that are amazing and original. I know DBZ stole a lot of graphics from other games but they were obscure sprites that probably would not have been seen otherwise

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The Way
Master of the Wind
The Tiamat Sacrament
Last Scenario
NigSek: A Monster's Tail
The Blue Contestant
The Frozen World

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To the Moon
Ara Fell
Lisa
Witch's House
Echoes of Aetheria
The Amber Throne
Skyborn

RisenAngel

Sanely Insane
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
OFF is a surreal and somber experience. It's not anything special gameplay wise, but story, music, and atmosphere wise it just excels. It'll probably get one thinking, if nothing else.

Its fan sequel/official followup/something HOME is just as good. Plus it's more interesting gameplay wise than OFF is.

A look through the Completed Games section here on the forums will probably have something that tickles your fancy. I can highly recommend RTP and Eternal Twilight, at least.

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Eternal Senia

mathmaster74

just...John
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A game developer YouTube site posted 2 videos in the last year summing up 15 of the "top" RPG Maker games on Steam. Aside from titles already mentioned in this thread, they included:

Finding Paradise
Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass
Doom & Destiny
OneShot
Rakuen
Monster Garden
Yume Nikki
Pocket Mirror
Last Dream
Corpse Party

I have played none of these personally, so I can't vouch. I'm just sharing relevant information I've encountered.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way
Druhxs scar

FighterBlade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Rave Heart
Blue Skies 2
Gaia's Melody Echoed Memories (Sequel to echoed melodies)

Kismet808

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To the Moon
Omori
Yume Nikki
Lisa (but oh so weird)
Impostor Factory

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

R3-M1 can now leave footprints :kaojoy: Thanks Dsiver144 for another amazing plugin!!

1653686110642.png

Hey guys, do you wanna see who dominated the competition in our last game jam?! Stop by while we play Pinky by @Wumbohek Starting at 4:20pm EST.
BCj
Looking for someone that can create custom-made balloon pop-ups for Escalia! Now posted in Classifieds - Requests
So, uh... I have to work on the MZ beta for one of the games to be made in Unite (since it's not out yet) because I'm planning to put it on Kickstarter. It involves escape rooms, twisted animatronics, and the SCP Foundation. Plus it takes place in a theme park, and it's NOT a "Five Nights" game. It's got virtual escape rooms, secret notes, and a twisted secret only the SCP should know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodismegalame