hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english

The adventures

of

Leo

This is supposed to be a 30mins long mini game but ended up as a full pledge adventure linear type game, its my first project with this rpgmakermv and im loving it so far. There are still a lot things to learn with this rpgmaker and I have tried my best to use some of the those features to my enjoyment... Free time is the best!!! - Leo

Story:

It begins with the protagonist named Leo who wanders from town to town in search of adventure. Hazel town is a small peaceful town that is known for its specialty in producing delicacy foods and wine, unknown to outsiders they keep a little secret that is dark and mysterious that has been there for generations. Thus the Legend of Leo the adventurer started when he visits this town, a small secret that is dark and mysterious awaits for him.

Characters:

Leo - a 25 years old male protagonist born for adventure

There is not much to tell as this would spoil this mini game

Features:
- This is a very linear rpg style game that is reminiscent of those jrpg ff (Final Fantasy), a short and engaging quest that would give you hours of game fun.
- Simple story and funny dialouge that will have you singing on your shower after you finished the game.
- A minimum of 3 hours or more of engaging game play (depends on the skill of the player)
- Explore the known maps with your hero be sure to bring water all the time!
- Save can be used anytime anywhere free of charge!
- Potion is your best friend
- Engaging and some boring NPC's awaiting for you!

- Sideview battle system (take a look at the new MV battle system!)

- Suprises and surprises exploration and talking to boring npc's are encourage!

Screenshots:
Everybody loves screen shots so here we go added some more pictures as per request.

Spoiler

Leo.png

Title

title.png

Hazel Town map
Map002.png

Dungeon Melo
Map006.png

s1.png

s2.png

s3.png

s4.png

Forest

s5.png

Video - none at the moment as still figuring out why my movie wont stop playing on rpgmaker

Download Link:
Currently only the windows game is available if anyone would like to request for an android game please let me know.

game is now on version 2.0 as of May 2016 minor fixes were done:

- fixes the skills
- fixes character stats like defense, attack and magic attack
- fixes some items

Adventure of Leo the first! Ver 3.0

Survival Guide

Special thanks to:

Yep for the "Save Events Locations: plug-ins

If you support my game please post here:

Please liked my game! :D

Last edited:

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Even default pre-loaded maps? Are you kidding...

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Even default pre-loaded maps? Are you kidding...
Yeah, most of this stuff is default :p pre made maps rocks! I hope they make expansion maps in the near future ill gladly buy one ; ) .

@animegirl:

Added more screenshots for viewers convenience thanks for the notice.

I also have posted new links from youtube only the opening, I was originally planing to make one with movie but I dunno if its rpgmakermv bug or my pc so decided to create the opening thru events instead this full pledge game took me 3weeks in total from the original 1hour mini game.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeroGamer24

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
hey i'm trying out your game so far and after collecting a lot of potions and moving to the cave dungeon i can't seem to leave the town.

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
hey i'm trying out your game so far and after collecting a lot of potions and moving to the cave dungeon i can't seem to leave the town.
You need to talk to the girl (meat shop talk to her many times : P ) to enable the quest once the quest started you can now proceed to the "forest" bewarned its pretty hard at first levels.

ZeroGamer24

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
hey jaypee i got leo to level 5 and he supposed to learn Dual Attack yet I don't see that ability listed in special.  Did you forget to add it or is there another way to access the ability?  Also level 6 gets you Double Attack and I don't see that ability listed either.

Also something wrong with your goat event (the one with the horse character).  I defeated the bat mini-boss then the "goat" ran to where the orc mini-boss is.  I needed to heal so I head back into town to rest at inn, come back to the cave, and the "goat" is there where you first meet him.  When approaching the goat, it says u got the goat legs...and I didn't even need to fight the orc mini-boss.

fentezi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
I want the android version please

V1.0

Best Syntax Error
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You should consider hosting the file on Dropbox, it'd be so much cleaner than one of these random file sharing sites that asks users for "premium download speeds"

V1.0

Best Syntax Error
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What I liked:

1. Map design. However, unoriginal due to being presets.

2. Nice cave horse.

3. Best grammar I've seen.

Bugs:

1. www/index.html - Failed to load Data/Actors.json!

2. You can skip the first mini boss with the King Bat by: Using the Flee command (30 TP), exiting the cave, re-entering the cave, and talking to the horse.

3. "1 emerged" ?

4. For some reason the second goat encounter moves to another cave entrance, but that entrance cannot be gone through.

Suggestions:

1. Have all areas available to the user, such as the "Item shop" at the top left of the starting map.

2. Have the introduction events redone. It feels sloppily put together, and the music cuts in abruptly.

3. Potions are *way too expensive* in comparison to how many you get from chests.

4. This battle music is way too epic for a simple bat monster, yet this bat is somehow able to get me close to killed.

Problems:

1. Too many treasure chests. It isn't rewarding to the player to just grab dozens of chests.

2. The "Customer" at the top right near the building with the cross marker explains what a potion does? That seems, odd. Wouldn't an employee be the one doing the tutorials?

3. "I got the best health potion in town" dude: Why is the text at the top?

4. "Customer Guy" in armory says: "Sometimes wondering around will give you rewards", the proper word is: "Wander" (v. walk or move in a leisurely, casual, or aimless way.)

5. "This be my lucky day!"

6. Battle System Balance is poor.

7. "Jug Potion" only heals 10% and costs 50g, let me explain why this is a problem: The bats in the starting area (Forest) deal around 250 HP in damage on average during a single battle, when 250 HP is 50% of your total HP, it costs 250g per battle to be able to heal up fully. I had to use 10 potions after 2 battles.

8. Why is the main characters name "Leo " (with a space at the end?)

9. Monsters are way too frequent for a beginner's area and with the attack they have. It's too dangerous to even progress in the story.

10. It *is* possible to get game over'd by a single bat with full HP at level 1 if you miss 2 or 3 times.

11. "Its pretty much dark in here I better be carefull." -> "It's pretty much dark in here, so I better be careful."

12. Area positioning of monsters: Past the bridge in the forest, the slimes are beyond just difficult, it takes around 2 turns to successfully escape them without usage of TP. Leaving your character to receive around over 100 HP in damage, discouraging exploration of the area due to massive penalty.

13. After talking to the Lost Girl, how did I get 1,000 extra Gold?

14. The "Luk Shield" is so overpowered, so selling all of your starting potions could in fact get it early, so there isn't really a point for those potions.

15. Inn is 100G and heals fully, Jug Potions cost 500G to heal fully.

16. Game only becomes playable after getting Luk Shield

17. "Alert" ability is severely overpowered, making bats and slimes do 0 damage if you have the Luk Shield.

18. Grind-fest requiring grinding to even past to the cave.

19. Character Model and Face Model mismatch with the quest girl asking for "Burn Goats".

20. Is the Bat King supposed to be weaker than the other recolored bats?

21. You can flee using TP when you aren't supposed to escape the boss battle.

22. "Oh you finally bring it!" - Loooool.

23. http://puu.sh/lC2TO/e6245a87be.jpg LOOOL.

24. http://puu.sh/lC2XV/20cb615ce7.png LOOOOOOL. Troll ending.

25. Game takes over an hour to beat, then we get a date to a girl's house to have dinner with her, and we don't even get to see it ;_;

Conclusion:

This game would be much more enjoyable after a complete battle system rebalance.

V1.0

Best Syntax Error
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What I liked:

1. Map design. However, unoriginal due to being presets.

2. Nice cave horse.

3. Best grammar I've seen.

4. Characters are nice, and the idea of the game is decent.

Bugs:

1. www/index.html - Failed to load Data/Actors.json!

2. You can skip the first mini boss with the King Bat by: Using the Flee command (30 TP), exiting the cave, re-entering the cave, and talking to the horse.

3. "1 emerged" ?

4. For some reason the second goat encounter moves to another cave entrance, but that entrance cannot be gone through.

Suggestions:

1. Have all areas available to the user, such as the "Item shop" at the top left of the starting map.

2. Have the introduction events redone. It feels sloppily put together, and the music cuts in abruptly.

3. Potions are *way too expensive* in comparison to how many you get from chests.

4. This battle music is way too epic for a simple bat monster, yet this bat is somehow able to get me close to killed.

Problems:

1. Too many treasure chests. It isn't rewarding to the player to just grab dozens of chests.

2. The "Customer" at the top right near the building with the cross marker explains what a potion does? That seems, odd. Wouldn't an employee be the one doing the tutorials?

3. "I got the best health potion in town" dude: Why is the text at the top?

4. "Customer Guy" in armory says: "Sometimes wondering around will give you rewards", the proper word is: "Wander" (v. walk or move in a leisurely, casual, or aimless way.)

5. "This be my lucky day!"

6. Battle System Balance is poor.

7. "Jug Potion" only heals 10% and costs 50g, let me explain why this is a problem: The bats in the starting area (Forest) deal around 250 HP in damage on average during a single battle, when 250 HP is 50% of your total HP, it costs 250g per battle to be able to heal up fully. I had to use 10 potions after 2 battles.

8. Why is the main characters name "Leo " (with a space at the end?)

9. Monsters are way too frequent for a beginner's area and with the attack they have. It's too dangerous to even progress in the story.

10. It *is* possible to get game over'd by a single bat with full HP at level 1 if you miss 2 or 3 times.

11. "Its pretty much dark in here I better be carefull." -> "It's pretty much dark in here, so I better be careful."

12. Area positioning of monsters: Past the bridge in the forest, the slimes are beyond just difficult, it takes around 2 turns to successfully escape them without usage of TP. Leaving your character to receive around over 100 HP in damage, discouraging exploration of the area due to massive penalty.

13. After talking to the Lost Girl, how did I get 1,000 extra Gold?

14. The "Luk Shield" is so overpowered, so selling all of your starting potions could in fact get it early, so there isn't really a point for those potions.

15. Inn is 100G and heals fully, Jug Potions cost 500G to heal fully.

16. Game only becomes playable after getting Luk Shield

17. "Alert" ability is severely overpowered, making bats and slimes do 0 damage if you have the Luk Shield.

18. Grind-fest requiring grinding to even past to the cave.

19. Character Model and Face Model mismatch with the quest girl asking for "Burn Goats".

20. Is the Bat King supposed to be weaker than the other recolored bats?

21. You can flee using TP when you aren't supposed to escape the boss battle.

22. "Oh you finally bring it!" - Loooool.

23. http://puu.sh/lC2TO/e6245a87be.jpg LOOOL.

24. http://puu.sh/lC2XV/20cb615ce7.png LOOOOOOL. Troll ending.

25. Game takes over an hour to beat, then we get a date to a girl's house to have dinner with her, and we don't even get to see it ;_;

Conclusion:

This game would be much more enjoyable after a complete battle system rebalance.

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Thanks for your time guys for bug testing and playing the game, I was very busy this past few weeks and just found out those bugs myself after playing my own game >.< .

I admit theres alot of bugs around and some are due from my poor execution of eventing(1000g out of nowhere, bats, escape on mini boss etc) . I will try to fix those things and fix the game also will try to add some sneaky maps  too and(please dont blame me for loving rtp maps) rebalancing of the game (ideally I want this game to be a little diffucult hence starting levels is pretty hard). I will be able to relase another version of this game sometime in the 2nd week of december or even earlier thank you guys for your help and patience BD :guffaw: :rock-left: .

@v1.0

Thank you for completing the game and to the others as well I feel very happy somebody finished my game will consider all the things you all have suggested regarding the GRAMMAR :guffaw: ,bugs,rebalancing.

@fentezi:

I want the android version please
Yup will do after I have finished adjusting my game

@Zerogamer24:

hey jaypee i got leo to level 5 and he supposed to learn Dual Attack yet I don't see that ability listed in special.  Did you forget to add it or is there another way to access the ability?  Also level 6 gets you Double Attack and I don't see that ability listed either.

Also something wrong with your goat event (the one with the horse character).  I defeated the bat mini-boss then the "goat" ran to where the orc mini-boss is.  I needed to heal so I head back into town to rest at inn, come back to the cave, and the "goat" is there where you first meet him.  When approaching the goat, it says u got the goat legs...and I didn't even need to fight the orc mini-boss.
Thanks for playing and reporting bugs I noticed the events and character skills needs adjusting, regarding goat scenario I never thought of someone would go back to the town to heal that I need to consider too thats why the event just proceed to giving you the item.

@hawnight:

I download it and you commented
thank you

@Freank:

how many maps ?
My maps so far are 1 black map for intro, 1 village, 1 weapon shop, 1 armor shop,1 elder house, 1 inn, 1 forest map, 1 cave map thats all so far I remembered all using default rtp maps.

NittDarko

Indie Developer - The Light of Sai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey there, can I ask what tileset that is for the town? its not default is it?

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Hey there, can I ask what tileset that is for the town? its not default is it?

Hi Nittdarko its from the default rtp maps

Update:

The game project Adventures of Leo is finally finished! you can click the download link from below and here is some list that I have revised and improved over this past few months.

- Rebalancing of all items such as weapons, shields, armors

- Rebalancing of atk, def of monster to better suit their hp 

- Added some new skills for the protagonist

- Fixed the errors with npc's,monster's resetting to their original respective places upon re-entering a map or loading a game.

- Fixed the dialouge of some npc's

- Added some more monsters

- Overhaul of eventing specifically those events that triggers outside events, all was change to self events to avoid errors and glitch

- Yep "Save Events Locations" plug-ins was installed  make events stop reseting by itself on the maps.

- New items in the inventory

Things I learned with this project:

I started this game project on the day Rpgmakermv was publicly available for downloaded which is around December, I started playing around with the menus and controls which  reminds me of the previous rpgmakers. I work on a very slow pace and each time I use the rpgmakermv I have learned something new on the program as I consider myself an average game maker so here is the list I have learned so far just to put into perspective what I have done on my project.

- use of conditional branches on events (very simple ones)

- use of events switches mine have a total of 50 switches for this games to be exact

- use of self switch to save myself from creating or depending more on events switches (try to use self switches as much as possible)

- use of parallel, auto-run, player-touch and button touch events (only touch by events I haven't used so far :p)

- use of battle events page

- use of common events

- customizing of faces for dialogues

- applying musics, pictures with eventing

- game making can be fun and frustrating at the same time : (

What's new  Adventures of Leo v2.0:

1] Added mini-boss on the game

2] Implemented a visual sign when enemy hp is halfway

3] Dialogues on battle screen

4] Special items enemy drops by percentages

5] Created a monsters survival guide maps

6] Items, armors and weapons shops updates on certain levels

7] New skills can be acquired on certain levels

8] Level cap is set to 99

9] Only 1 plug-in was used in this game which is the "YEP Save Event Locations"

10] Enemy can cast a skill

11] Certain enemy prevent you from escaping

Current version 3.0

beebeeslime.png

- Beebeeslime is the weak version of the regular slime, its defense and attack is weaker than that of beebeehornets.

- Teytis tent was changed back to original price

- Adjusted the hero attributes curve specifically those pertaining to defense and attack (set the curve to slowest growth)

- Possiblility of being knocked out in one battle so better use escape if possible

- Leo is now "The adventure of Leo the runner:p

- Game can be hard on the first few levels

- Added gold and items to specific npc quest

- Game is now classified as semi-hardcore (are you up to the challenge?)

Download link:

Adventure of Leo

Survival guide:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011156202892

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have a really hard time keeping all these goodies secret til December... but I swear, it is worth the wait!
Working on a Premium version of my minimap plugin that will have advanced functionalities such as drawing a Terrain map based completely on the users tilesets, whatever they may be, and drawing minimap radar icons automatically based on texture of the event the note is applied to.
Psttt come look, this is the secret technique to tenderizing steaks, it makes it extra beefy. :rwink:

pixeldailyaxemeatsheild.gif
#screenshotsaturday update, featuring vaporwave angels lol
Lil' sketch I drew of Nico di Angelo :)
The spooky boi himself ♥
Nico sketch by Artemis Yates.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
torsbein