Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OUS43iQ.jpg

• Engine: RPG Maker MV
  • Gameplay Hours: 12-15 Hours (Final Version Estimate)
  • Current Completion: 48% (5-6 Playable Hours)
  • Genre: RPG, Adventure, Comedy
  • Platform: PC (Supports XBox/Playstation 4 Controller)
  • Release Date: TBA
  • Price: Free
  • Demo Available: Yes v3.20

--- DOWNLOAD DEMO ---

Introduction:

This project started of as a joke/fun game I was making about me and my friends.
All the characters are based on people in my personal life.

After a while the game took more shape and I decided to turn it into something half decent. Nothing in the game is to be taken seriously, it is just a fun, silly but hopefully entertaining RPG.

Synopsis:

Derpo finds himself waking up with a bad headache inside a tent.
He cannot remember what happened to him and how he got where he is.

It quickly becomes clear that something strange has happened to the entire world... Time and space are no longer coherent and different parts of the planet are connected through strange holes in the ground that act like portals.

After meeting a talking cat named Trippy Kitty, Derpo sets out on an adventure to find out why everyone is suffering from memory loss and how to find purpose again in his life.

Characters:

oJ6VTZO.jpg

Derpo is the main protagonist of the game. A young man who wakes up one day not remembering anything that happened to him before. He quickly realises that the world has become a strange place where very few things still make sense.

iGzwPOS.jpg

Trippy Kitty is Derpo's first companion and loyal friend. After this cat somehow suddenly learns how to speak to humans, it decides to join Derpo on his adventures and becomes his trusty ally throughout the entire game.

4U5hbw0.jpg

The Beard King is the second character that joins your party. He has been living alone in his Beard Manor for many years, surrounded by snowy woodlands. His epic facial hair and years of playing WoW and Magic The Gathering make him proficient in battle.

YlyXl8H.jpg

Celene is a strange, quiet but sweet girl who you first encounter locked up in a prison cell. She is a person of few words and often seems like her mind is somewhere else. She joins your party just for the heck of it.

H9B2XcT.jpg

Furbag got lost wandering around all by himself. After Celene finds him and helps find the entrance to a hidden temple, she adopts Furbag as her personal pet. The two then become inseparable buddies.

8oyAFqa.jpg

Noriko is the first character introduced in the game, yet her relevance to the story will only become apparent much later. She is a lively, quirky young girl who has a fascination with the mysterious alien race known as the Space Frogs.

fYCQwYR.jpg

Ravi lives in a remote part of a desert. After meeting him, he quickly becomes one of your most valuable connections as he provides you with housing, booze and other necessities for your adventures.

Screenshots:

FmNy8FE.jpg

eI51hQV.jpg

BW2M6Za.jpg

PgurjL2.jpg

KaG3peD.jpg

O71pTeS.jpg

gDaoIp1.jpg

285iByj.jpg

Gameplay Features:
  • Long, unique and unpredictable storyline about everything and nothing.
  • Variety of puzzles, side quests and mini-games.
  • Side-view ATB Battle System with many unique skills.
  • Loads of custom graphics and sounds.
  • Many detailed locations, characters, items and cutscenes.

Watch the Battle System in action!

bClRaJP.jpg

Includes a consistent style of side-view enemies as well as their on screen sprites,
many of the battler graphics have been drawn from scratch! (Others are edits)

The final game is not intended to be sold or distributed (this is a project made for friends featured in this game), however it will be available for free download should anyone be interested in playing it. Contains many custom hand-made graphics as well as various edits. Not meant for commercial purposes.

This thread will be updated as the game develops further.

ratingsymbol_t.png
Currently the game is rated Teen and contains some violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, drug references and strong language.

Thanks for viewing!

Last edited:

KenKrath

Cutscene Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That intro screen shot with the two space frogs is very unique and awesome!!!!

Derpo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That intro screen shot with the two space frogs is very unique and awesome!!!!

Thank you. I'm slowly changing all the RTP graphics with custom ones or edits at least. It takes too much time for me to pixel art everything from scratch, but I hope that by the end I'll have as much custom graphics as possible :)

Jonina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I absolutely love the screenshots you've posted! From what I can tell, the mapping looks great. I also really like your characters and their facesets. And the logo looks quite nice, too! I would definitely play once it comes out :)  

Vito The Boss

Someone better than you, or will become
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
WOW...very interesting...how do you do, in the last screenshot, the sit down characters?

Derpo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I absolutely love the screenshots you've posted! From what I can tell, the mapping looks great. I also really like your characters and their facesets. And the logo looks quite nice, too! I would definitely play once it comes out :)  

Thank you! I'm trying my best to make the mapping better as time passes. I'll be sure to post more updates!

WOW...very interesting...how do you do, in the last screenshot, the sit down characters?

Thanks! It's just one of the custom poses made in photoshop. You create alternate versions of your character and then just use the Change Image in Set Movement Route to switch to other poses during cutscenes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derpo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump

New screenshots and characters have been added.

Demo is in the makes and coming pretty soon, will have around 3 hours of gameplay!

Derpo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi people,

Just wanted to let you know a DEMO is available and can be DOWNLOADED HERE!

Also the game can be played with a Playstation 4 Controller (via USB ) or XBox Controller. There is an added freeware in the game folder, please run this if you intend to use a controller.

Would love to hear your feedback!

Last edited:

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The mapping in this is waaayy better than I expected from the title! I'm going to give this a go - I'm stoked!

Derpo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The mapping in this is waaayy better than I expected from the title! I'm going to give this a go - I'm stoked!

Thanks! Looking forward to hear what you think of the game :)

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just watched Driftwood's playthrough, your game looks amazing and a lot of fun, I will be playing this later!

Derpo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just watched Driftwood's playthrough, your game looks amazing and a lot of fun, I will be playing this later!

Awesome! Would love to hear your feedback (the current link is a newer version taking into consideration some of the comments from Drifty's review.)

Last edited:

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tried downloading game but google drive won't let me even though it has a download anyways button it still does not work. :(

ZexisStryfe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I just played through as much of the game as I could and I have to say I really like this! The sense of humor is spot on, and it doesn't overwhelm the story. I do say that I played through as much of the game as I could though because I ran into a totally game breaking bug at the end of my playthrough.

After talking to Ravi and him letting us leave with the goats I decided to explore Currytown and restock with Ravi. I followed Sofia into her house and spoke with her, then went into the empty house. Upon exiting I noticed Ravi was just standing outside his house. I tried to talk to him but couldn't interact (could walk right through him). When I entered his house, it triggered the "sit down over drinks" scene again. After Sofia entered and the group was supposed to go out to the goats again, the screen just turned black and now I am stuck.

Beyond that bug, there are a few things I wanted to specifically say and some suggestions-

- I really enjoy the combat. I really like the timed hits mechanic (loved it in South Park- SoT as well) even though Drifty isn't a fan. I think it helps prevent the fights from being boring since you don't get skills until about 2 hours in. I do think an auditory trigger should be added to the flash when you successfully time your strike though. Right now it is just kind of a guess and that makes it tough to figure out the timings.

- I hope you are going to add the Chroma Laser event back into the game. I think it would help break up the long Buttskank fight and the Trippy Plant references it later on (when you are in the second dream).

- Good idea to change the name of the first ghost... you may also want to change Buttskank's favorite insult... some people can be very sensitive about that kind stuff.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Jenovation where did you get those trees in the third screenshot??

ValentinaSama67

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just fell for this game!
I just laughted so much and the storyline is actually very interesting, even if it doesn't make much sense sometimes!

Last edited:

Derpo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I just played through as much of the game as I could and I have to say I really like this! The sense of humor is spot on, and it doesn't overwhelm the story. I do say that I played through as much of the game as I could though because I ran into a totally game breaking bug at the end of my playthrough.

After talking to Ravi and him letting us leave with the goats I decided to explore Currytown and restock with Ravi. I followed Sofia into her house and spoke with her, then went into the empty house. Upon exiting I noticed Ravi was just standing outside his house. I tried to talk to him but couldn't interact (could walk right through him). When I entered his house, it triggered the "sit down over drinks" scene again. After Sofia entered and the group was supposed to go out to the goats again, the screen just turned black and now I am stuck.

Beyond that bug, there are a few things I wanted to specifically say and some suggestions-

- I really enjoy the combat. I really like the timed hits mechanic (loved it in South Park- SoT as well) even though Drifty isn't a fan. I think it helps prevent the fights from being boring since you don't get skills until about 2 hours in. I do think an auditory trigger should be added to the flash when you successfully time your strike though. Right now it is just kind of a guess and that makes it tough to figure out the timings.

- I hope you are going to add the Chroma Laser event back into the game. I think it would help break up the long Buttskank fight and the Trippy Plant references it later on (when you are in the second dream).

- Good idea to change the name of the first ghost... you may also want to change Buttskank's favorite insult... some people can be very sensitive about that kind stuff.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and bug report. That bug was fixed and an updated version has been uploaded.
I'll be adding save files in case you ever wanna play further without having to play from the start.

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some great looking custom art.

Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The link for the demo doesn't seem to work for me. :/

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A woman gave me her number without me even asking for it. Then she left because she had other patients to see.
oh, hey, I forgot about all this!

my old project got abandoned after I started working too much on stuff I'd already worked on - plus, starting to hate the story I wrote for it. Then, well, a lot of serious life **** went down. I ended up moving across the country, cutting off some people, etc. - **** was rough.

So, uh, I guess I'm back for now? Funny how things work.
I'm glad I'm sticking to my guns on having fighting game mechanics in my game, from what I've read, it's not for everyone. but for the most part, I've made it so you don't have to use them motion inputs for attacks if you don't want to.
And my project's just entered the Lunar New Year Sale 2022... Let's see if it reaches it's goal of $ 7,77.
Ohmygoodness I played Dicey Dungeons for the first time last night. Gave me SO MANY IDEAS for how to fix Heidi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nagomuyutori