Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Adventures of Drunk Magician

Introduction
This is a short game I made based off a joke between me and a friend of mine.

Story
The Drunk Magician is lost again, and it's up to his Designated Driver to make sure they get to their party in time.

Characters
The Drunk Magician
A "hero" who has mastered the arcane arts, specifically the art of alcohol magic. He's centuries (Or thousands?) years old, and has seen the rise and fall of empires. A man of infinite wisdom, and power. He also, like, has a serious drinking problem. It's super bad.

The Designated Driver
A master of the martial arts, he believed that with the knowledge of The Drunk Magician's magic he could become the greatest fighter in the world. In exchange for knowledge, he has to drive The Drunk Magician around to places. Cause, like again, serious serious drinking problem.

Screenshots

Features
Pretty standard RPG. Should take around 10 minutes to play through. A short funny story.

Credits
Idea by Danny Hopkins, and Samson Hailstone
Made by Danny Hopkins, in RPG Maker MV.
Assets all from Enterbrain.

Link
Going to keep it browser based. Since it's so short, I don't feel it's really worth downloading fully. But let me know if you'd like a .rar link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kikeluzi

Paladin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
LoL! Very funny! :guffaw:

Nice work :D

"It's technically not racism if it's agains interdimensional beings."
(The Drunk Magigian)

fallenlorelei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Omgosh. "Beer Throw" - such a waste of heaven's sweet nectar...

I'm so sad, the game froze on my 2nd battle in the liquor store. Definitely my work computer's fault. I was having a lot of fun though so I'll just refresh and start over..

-------------------

Froze after YOU SHALL NOT PASS.

Overall, I liked it! Really silly. Good job!

KlausAidon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Omgosh. "Beer Throw" - such a waste of heaven's sweet nectar...

I'm so sad, the game froze on my 2nd battle in the liquor store. Definitely my work computer's fault. I was having a lot of fun though so I'll just refresh and start over..

-------------------

Froze after YOU SHALL NOT PASS.

Overall, I liked it! Really silly. Good job!
Read the description, Beer Throw: "Chug, and toss an empty beer bottle."

Nothing is being wasted. He's just chugging the beer really really fast, and throwing a bottle at the enemy.

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Brilliant concept. Too bad it's just 10 min.

KlausAidon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was thinking of polishing up, but as many of you probably know, making games takes time and energy. I kinda just did this in my free time. I've also been working on something more "Serious", so my attention has been split between two pet projects. And I don't really have any team, or anything. While I came up with ideas for this with a co-worker, he doesn't really know anything about game design, let alone owns RPG Maker MV. So I kinda did all of this on my own. We did have this idea of making the game "Episodic", in which the two go on regular adventures. Taking a lot of inspiration from the cartoon Rick and Morty.

KlausAidon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
add more screenshots ;)
The game has, like, 5 scenes. More screenshots would give away way to much. This is why I made it browser based, you don't have to download anything, and it takes 5-10 minutes to play through.

Pahhur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is pretty damn funny, you should totally do something episodic with it.

Joewoof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Episodic sounds cool. At the end, you could compile them all into one full game "season."

Reaction score
First Language
Sheri
Primarily Uses
I didnt have more than one bar but it doesnt say the number of points I had like it used to. Does that mean theyre gone?

swagderp

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
dude u need to make a download link that way I can play  whenever I want cause my internet acts up a lot could u send me the rar file?

OceanSharks

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That was really something, had me smirking throughout the whole playthrough.
The booze wave when he halted the Orcs had me gagging on my sandwich.
Would definitely like the game to be longer!

V1.0

Best Syntax Error
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What I liked:

1. Creepy old guy is asking a young girl on the beach for her number. Lovely sense of humor.
2. Hosted via dropbox using the web version, not requiring an extensive download procedure to play. Thank you so much for that.

Bugs:

1. Sprites turn black momentarily upon animation rendering, such as numbers. http://puu.sh/lDVNR/d8a0dc2e35.jpg Like this.

Problems:

1. "yestarday." http://puu.sh/lDVzy/8b83b53353.jpg

2. We go to the party, yet can't see the party. ;_;

3. No sequel.

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is pretty funny. The only complaint I had is when you use the Beer Throw, it should read "You drink the bottle of beer, THEN throw the bottle." Not than.

Not to be pedantic, but then you throw the bottle rather than just drink it.

KlausAidon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What I liked:

1. Creepy old guy is asking a young girl on the beach for her number. Lovely sense of humor.2. Hosted via dropbox using the web version, not requiring an extensive download procedure to play. Thank you so much for that.

Bugs:

1. Sprites turn black momentarily upon animation rendering, such as numbers. http://puu.sh/lDVNR/d8a0dc2e35.jpg Like this.

Problems:

1. "yestarday." http://puu.sh/lDVzy/8b83b53353.jpg

2. We go to the party, yet can't see the party. ;_;

3. No sequel.
Part of my inspiration for the character was Master Roshi. And Matthew Mcconaughey from Dazed and Confused. 

Also, not sure what's causing that bug. Maybe it's a thing with RPG Maker MV when the asset doesn't load properly? I haven't seen it happen myself.

V1.0

Best Syntax Error
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm also thinking it's an engine problem. I've so far seen it happen on games hosted via the web, so sprite asset loading seems like the culprit.

dosaaaa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i loved the game. I felt it was too short however so please expand on this game in the near future! I also felt the orc chasing sequence wasn't that good (It wasn't really a chase...) but that was my only complaint. Anyways, it was a fun and hilarious game that I really enjoyed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone else here think that closets are claustrophobic?
People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamy7i