The AES_* Collection: AES_CommandControl, Zone-Based Battle Effects, etc

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Aesica, May 27, 2019.

1. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay so after looking at it for a bit, Victor's dual wield plugin is doing something weird with dual wield attacks that seems to prevent any kind of MP gains from happening when one is used. I can't even force dual wielded attacks to give the actor MP via gainMp in the damage formula box with my own plugin disabled.

Also, I tried replacing the attack, with no luck. Any attack that goes off twice via the dual wield from that plugin is going to have this problem, unfortunately. And no, replace attack happens when the actor command window is built by injecting the specified skill id in place of normal attack (1).

The only thing I can really think of is to (assuming he's reachable) contact the creator of that plugin and let him know that you can't force actors to gain MP via the formula box when using dual wielded attacks.

Afaryz likes this.
  2. Afaryz

Afaryz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for your fast reply and help!
    I will do that.
    But to my question again is there a script call for replace attack might have to use it in the future!

Thank you again

Your

Afaryz

3. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nope, like I said, the attack replacement happens as part of the function that builds the actor command window. You could try manipulating it dynamically via states though. (not tested however)

if (someCondition) actor.addState(replaceAttackStateHere)

Afaryz likes this.
  4. Afaryz

Afaryz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    State sounds like a Good work around! Thank you again for fast replies and good coding tho :)

Regards

Aesica likes this.
  5. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just a quick update, AES_BattleCore has been updated to 1.91 and now features the ability to add individual skills to an actor's command window.

[​IMG]

Edit: Quick note, turns out the single skill command functionality in 1.9 was having issues with Yanfly's selection control plugin, as it was forcing single or multiple select abilities target all party members. This has been fixed in the latest version: 1.91

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Jenova and Afaryz like this.
  6. Afaryz

Afaryz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey there,

I really love your plugins and I use nearly all of them! And I really like the Auto Save, that you rename it, but is it possible that the player can't even overwrite it? So he starts with file 1 and the autosave is just for safety?

However, cool plugins and go on with those!

regards Afaryz

7. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is actually on my to-do list, however I'm realizing that I'll probably need to split autosave off from the main plugin if I do so, since it's going to want to be below Yanfly's save core plugin due to the need to override certain things that plugin does in order to make use of its load/save/delete buttons properly.

Jenova likes this.
  8. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi!

So yeah, introducing AES_Autosave:

Now you can lock down slot 1 (the autosave slot) to prevent the player from saving over it (or deleting it if using YEP_SaveCore) manually.

Due to needing to be placed below YEP_SaveCore (if you're using it) for autosave slot locking to work properly, the autosave feature from AES_Core has been split off and is now its own plugin. If you use AES_Core and the new AES_Autosave, you'll need to make sure AES_Core is updated to v2.6 or above so that both plugins don't try to use the AutoSave command.

- - -

Other news:

I also fixed a rather absurd bug with the single skill command functionality in AES_BattleCore that made the whole thing go full potato. Not sure how this slipped by me...maybe I was tired? Note that at some point, I may split the command control portion off into its own plugin, just like I did with autosaving. I'm starting to see the folly of big frankenplugins. ^^

Finally, AES_Core (v2.6+) now uses case-insensitive plugin commands, and going forward, all of my plugins will work this way to make things easier on developers.

Please let me know if any issues arise.

Jenova, gambitben and Afaryz like this.
  9. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's been awhile, so I added some things:
    1. All the "command control" functions in AES_BattleCore are now in a new plugin, AES_CommandControl.
    2. AES_CommandControl further expands upon the enabling/disabling of Attack/Guard/Item by allowing them to be switched on/off on a per-character basis
    3. The <Replace Attack: n> note tag can now also have optional conditionals, such as only replacing the attack if HP is below a certain amount, if the actor is afflicted by poison, etc: <Replace Attack: 25, user.isStateAffected(70)> for example
    4. Can create zone-specific battle effects (periodic damage, state applications, etc) that will happen in every battle in a given zone.
    5. Add additional death states to your game. Any combination of, say, Death, Petrify, Zombie, etc across all party members can mean a game over now.
    6. Customizing the battle log window (opacity, color) was a feature that somehow got swallowed into the abyss and never went live. It's here now for real.
    7. Likewise, another swallowed-up feature was a thing to allow certain skills to hide their initial attack combat log text. This is best used with YEP_BattleEngineCore) so things like basic attack are just a basic attack.
    8. --reserved for if I missed anything, because I probably did--
    Important: There was an internal change to the shared function set (Aesica.Toolkit) that will cause problems if certain older AES_* plugins are used with newer ones. Since the primary reason for this was the implementation of version control for Aesica.Toolkit, it'll never be a problem again going forward. :) You at least want to be using these versions:
    • AES_Core: 2.7
    • AES_BattleCore: 2.01
    • AES_CustomMP: 1.6
    • AES_CommandControl: 1.0
    • AES_RaceCore: n/a
    • AES_Autosave: n/a
    So yeah, happy game making, and as always, let me know if anything blows up horribly.

...I just know I'm forgetting something. I'm an airhead. :(

Jenova and gambitben like this.
  10. Yougotsomechocolate

Yougotsomechocolate Random Chest Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  11. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the heads up, although it looks like we're both replacing Window_ShopStatus.prototype.drawPossession so that's the likely culprit. You could *try* replacing the following line (523) in their plugin:

Code:
    this._possessionWindow.drawText($gameParty.numItems(this._item), x, y, width, 'right');
    with this:

Code:
    this._possessionWindow.drawText($gameParty.numItems(this._item, true), x, y, width, 'right');
    For order, put their plugin below mine (so their version of Window_ShopStatus.prototype.drawPossession is the one that gets used) and it should work. Maybe. Cross your fingers.

12. Yougotsomechocolate

Yougotsomechocolate Random Chest Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yes, it does work, thank you!

Aesica likes this.