The AES_* Collection - Newest: AES_EnemyGauge (flexible multi-resource gauges)

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Aesica, May 27, 2019.

1. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the heads up on that little oversight. Yeah, at some point I do want it to work properly with that plugin since I use it as well, so proper compatibility with it should show up at some point.

That one might be a bit tricky since I'm like 99.9% sure both plugins are replacing some of the same functions. If the <replace attack: x> note tag isn't working, I'm betting weapon unleash is below it on the list. If you moved aes_battlecore below it, you'd get the replace attack functionality back, but you'd most likely lose some parts of weapon unleash. I'm not sure if there's an elegant way around that particular issue, so it might be better for me to just add a simplified unleash system of my own at some point in the future.

gambitben likes this.
  2. gambitben

gambitben Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Aesica great! That is excellet, I'll eagerly look forward to it :D and thank you :kaojoy:

:XP1:

3. Jenova

Jenova Because you are...a puppet! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually, no. Your core plugin is almost last on my list, if not actually last. But it's alright. It's not like is SUPER inconvenient. Just a small thing for my Mage/Spiritual Base Class to use Magic version of "Attack" instead of the default one. So no rush. :)

4. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    AES_BattleCore and AES_CustomMP got a little update:

Both:
    • Eval in certain note tags now displays an error and dumps the offending eval in the console log rather than crashing the game.
    • Added a note about using greater-than (>) in note tag eval, as it will close the note tag prematurely. Use less-than instead, although at some point, I'll probably allow them to process <Note Tag>stuff here</Note Tag> as well as the current format, as greater-than won't pose a problem that way.
    AES_BattleCore:
    • Added a basic unleash system that can be placed on actors, enemies, classes, equips, and states (lowest priority to highest priority): <Unleash Attack: 15, 0.3>, <Unleash Attack: 18, user.hp / user.mhp>, <Unleash Attack: 21, 0.1 // 22, 0.4> (Now that I've taken a closer look at Yanfly's unleash, I've...basically just reinvented the wheel in a slightly different way. Doh!
    • The weaponStat functions should now play properly with Yanfly's equip core custom parameters.

gambitben and Jenova like this.
  5. Jenova

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I actually found out what the issue was: the <Replace Attack: x> wasn't being initialized when I changed classes (it was in the class notebox). With each class having a passive state, I ended up pasting it in the states instead and now it works as intended.

Thank you though!

6. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wait, so if a Warrior had it replaced to Smash and a Mage had it replaced to Magic Bolt, when you class changed your Warrior to Mage, it wasn't updating?

7. Jenova

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes and no, that's if the notetag was in the class notebox. It would not even show up to begin with. I put it in the states notebox and it works as the states are being applied. I think that might have something to do with Yanfly's Class Change plugin but i dont want to assume...

Aesica likes this.
  8. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually that might be it, because it works fine on classes in my project. I'll have to play around with it and see because again, i want things to be as yanfly-compatible as possible.

9. Jenova

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    LOL. Good luck. Ive seen Yanfly break his own plugins with plugin extensions. Lol.

I do love Yanfly though, he makes RPG MAKER so much more user friendly.

10. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I should say that you've been a most excellent unintentional tester/bugfinder. Turns out it should've been compatible with yanfly's class change core plugin all along, but I was referencing the actor's default database class instead of their active class. Neither my test project nor my actual project have any class changing mechanics, so that's how it slipped by under my radar for so long.

It should work just fine with class change core now.

Jenova and gambitben like this.
  11. Jenova

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hmmm. I probably should have tried that first. Using said Replace Attack on the base class first before using the passive. But no matter, it's what the passives are for anyway, to change up the game a bit.

12. Jenova

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another issue i've noticed: Limits are enabled, but unusable, even though there are no limit skills for that character/class.

13. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I probably wasn't clear in my description, but the way you give characters limit skills is you set each limit skill to the type, "Limit" (or whatever you decide to call it) and teach the intended skills to the character who's supposed to have them. For example:

Harold learns the Limit skill, "Reckless Strikes"
    Marsha learns Limit skill, "Meteor"
    Both are of type "Limit"

When the conditions are met and the Limit command appears for a given character, Harold will only have access to Reckless Strikes and Marsha will only have access to Meteor.

SoftCloud likes this.
  14. Jenova

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Right, I know about that. But they still have a Limit Command in Battle even if they don't have any limit skills taught. So it comes up as a blank menu when TP is at 100.

15. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ooh, I see what you're getting at now. Hmm I suppose a future patch should probably check for learned limit skills and suppress the command if the player doesn't yet have any. Thanks!

Jenova likes this.
  16. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And with that, the limit command should no longer show up for characters who don't have limit skills learned

Also, you can now sort equip/state-added temporary skills in with baseline skills instead of having them forced to the bottom of the skill list--a simple addition I've been meaning to add for awhile.

gambitben and Jenova like this.
  17. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

Aesica, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

You can bump your thread with new updates, but that's only after 24 hours have passed.

18. Afaryz

Afaryz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Heyho,

those plugins are very useful! In special the Custom MP makes many things possible. However I got 1 Problem with another Plugin. I using your Custom MP for a Warrior with Rage type (do dmg and get dmg to generate Rage) however i also want to dual wield and the best free plugin I found was Dual Wield from Victor Engine. Literally i does not seem to work together :) i just wanted to ask, if you have a little help or suggestion, what i can do, because the default Dual Wielding is not what i am looking for...
    Solo both work perfectly.

I am sorry, if this is might be not the right, to ask those questions.

regards Afaryz

19. Aesica

Aesica undefined Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Huh. That's weird. While I'm not familiar with Victor's plugins, a quick glance doesn't show any overlap. What happens when you try to run them together? Do you get an error message, or do things just not work correctly?

20. Afaryz

Afaryz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry i forgot to mention: the character runs to the target attacks. Runs back to home. Runs to the target and attack (i havent updated the attack animation for dual wield yet) however non of those attacks generate rage(mp). Dont think its the problem of another plugin because seperately it works very well. (Thank you again! :) )

Its just the basic attack. Maybe i find a work around with your replace Attack.

Is there a scriptcall for the replace Attack function? I want to use a conditional branch to ask if the weapon is equiped in the offhand :)

Regards Afaryz

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019