atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica I saw your plugins before, they are all really great! I was wondering if AES_CustomMP has a feature to generate a certain amount of MP based on turns? I like all the custom features you added into the plugin.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica I saw your plugins before, they are all really great! I was wondering if AES_CustomMP has a feature to generate a certain amount of MP based on turns? I like all the custom features you added into the plugin.
Oh like "Recovers 5 MP per turn" or something like that? No, I didn't add that. For rage/energy type resources, I found it easier to just use the in-house, percent-based MP regen against a fixed max MP (say, 100) or...ha, oops. For awhile now, I've been using a modified version of Yanfly's dot plugin (I think that's the one?) that also allows for MP regen formulas, and I kind of forgot that wasn't baseline.

Recovering a fixed amount of MP per turn isn't a bad idea. Once mapping this current area burns me out (which it probably will by midweek) I'll think about adding it.

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica It's ok, no need to rush into it now or anytime soon. It sounds like you agree it's a good idea, but it's up to you, if you still agree or think so when you next want to work on it you can add it. I personally think it's a good idea worth having, but by me saying that I don't want you rushing into anything especially if you are burnt out.

There is also YF Plugins that do this, I am sure you are right there is a way with regen formulas that I forgot about at the moment, and there is also common eventing, remember YF plugins let you use one common event for everything, that can generator MP per turn too.

I think your different plugins so far are quite useful in a lot of ways. Thanks for them!

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I was wondering if maybe BattlerCore could have a <Bypass Damage Cap> function like Yanfly's DamageCore?

Using said notetag doesn't do anything for anything with the notetag.

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That moment when you just gloss over the Core help file and just assume Aesica.Core.selfSwitchesOn(mapID, eventID, switchID) exists. :hswt:

Super like the switches by tag option though, thanks!

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So yeah, this is a bit awkward. AES_BattlerGauge has been updated to 1.41 to fix a few really stupid bugs that show just how awful I am at testing stuff:
  • Now properly respects front view by not displaying actor gauges, even if actor gauges are enabled in the plugin settings. There's no visible actors to display them for, after all.
  • No longer unintentionally depends on the presence of YEP_BattleEngineCore.
When I made AES_BattlerGauge, I was a bit lazy and didn't create it in a plugin-sterile environment like I do when I make plugins. Oops! So yeah, if you tried it in the past, watched it crash your game right out of the box, and then threw it out (rightfully so) as a result, go ahead and give it another shot. It should work this time!

PS: Stand by, there's still something up with it. Ugh!

PS2: Okay, all clear! v1.42 is the version you'll want, not 1.4. 1.4 is bad, so if you got it within the roughly 30 minutes it was up, burn it immediately.

PS3: God I suck. In v1.41, I forgot to remove a couple console.log testing functions so it spammed the debug console. Sorry about that. Use v1.42. Why am I so bad at this?

That moment when you just gloss over the Core help file and just assume Aesica.Core.selfSwitchesOn(mapID, eventID, switchID) exists. :hswt:

Super like the switches by tag option though, thanks!
I wanted to add something like that, but turning on self switches across multiple maps is a lot trickier than turning them off, so I scrapped the idea. Only self switches that are on have entries in the $gameSelfSwitches hashtable.

Hi, I was wondering if maybe BattlerCore could have a <Bypass Damage Cap> function like Yanfly's DamageCore?

Using said notetag doesn't do anything for anything with the notetag.
Huh, odd. I thought I added something like that. I'll take a look tomorrow.

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huh, odd. I thought I added something like that. I'll take a look tomorrow.
Two months later...

Anyway! Here's some updates:

AES_BattleCore: Now has damage cap adjustment note tags that can be applied to actors/enemies, classes, equips, states, and skills/items. <Damage Min: x>, <Damage Max: x>, and <Break Damage Cap>

AES_RaceCore: Compatibility update, required for the changes made to AES_BattleCore v2.6 and up

AES_MessageExt: Adds a few useful escape codes to the messaging system, including plugin commands, and the ability to declare a speaking NPC's name/face once, then reuse them in subsequent dialog pages using \name[Joe Mama] and \name, or \face[Actor1, 0] and \face respectively. Also can retrieve a specific event's note tag contents. And eval to display just about anything not already covered by existing escape codes.

Yes, that means you can do stuff like:

\eval<<<$dataItems[1].description>>>

...Of course, I forgot that >>> is a valid thing in javascript, even if niche (its a bitwise operator, along with >>) so...we'll see.

Anyway so yeah!

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Two months later...

Anyway! Here's some updates:

AES_BattleCore: Now has damage cap adjustment note tags that can be applied to actors/enemies, classes, equips, states, and skills/items. <Damage Min: x>, <Damage Max: x>, and <Break Damage Cap>

AES_RaceCore: Compatibility update, required for the changes made to AES_BattleCore v2.6 and up

AES_MessageExt: Adds a few useful escape codes to the messaging system, including plugin commands, and the ability to declare a speaking NPC's name/face once, then reuse them in subsequent dialog pages using \name[Joe Mama] and \name, or \face[Actor1, 0] and \face respectively. Also can retrieve a specific event's note tag contents. And eval to display just about anything not already covered by existing escape codes.

Yes, that means you can do stuff like:

\eval<<<$dataItems[1].description>>>

...Of course, I forgot that >>> is a valid thing in javascript, even if niche (its a bitwise operator, along with >>) so...we'll see.

Anyway so yeah!
Cool, I'll take a look tomorrow. :)

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see what you did there!

gambitben

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica BUT WHO IS JOE!!??

Jokes aside, great updates; your plugins are something else, the upper echelon of javascripting :awink:
Keep up the good work!

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bug?

Notetags <Command Guard: show> and <Command Guard: hide> either arnt getting read or something is stopping it on my side. :/

The switch in the plugin works tho. :kaomad3:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did a small update to AES_CommadControl that allows you to place commands in a press-left or press-right submenu.

Edit: Actually, make that v1.25. I've been meaning to add a way to hide certain skilltype commands (for passives, field skills, etc) for awhile now. It's now a thing too, just gotta add the skilltype id to the plugin parameter list and boom, "Passives" will plague your combat menu no more!

Also:

Bug?

Notetags <Command Guard: show> and <Command Guard: hide> either arnt getting read or something is stopping it on my side. :/

The switch in the plugin works tho. :kaomad3:
Awkward. I guess the documentation was wrong, because it should've been <Attack/Guard/Item Command: Show/HIde>. So you'll want to use <Guard Command: Show> (or hide) instead. My bad. I've fixed the documentation in the latest version.

Last edited:

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something is happening between Yanflys Disassemble plugin and your core. I don't have stack trace rn (on my phone at work) but I'll try to update this post when I have it.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If there is a conflict, I might not be able to do much about it. The disassemble plugin appears to be a paid one that I don't have. Still, let me know the details and I'll try to offer some sort of workaround.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If there is a conflict, I might not be able to do much about it. The disassemble plugin appears to be a paid one that I don't have. Still, let me know the details and I'll try to offer some sort of workaround.
Figured as much. Still, when I get stack trace, I'll post it.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the bump (I know its against the rules. I just had to catch attention of Aesica)

Stacktrace:

Do note: Only your plugins and Yanfly's are enabled.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You must have an older version of AES_Core, because that's from the since-removed shop quantity patch. If you want to keep using a version with the shop patch, you could try searching for the following function:

Game_Party.prototype.numItems = function(item, includeEquipped=false)

Scroll down to:

if (item.groupType > 0 && includeEquipped)

And replace it with this:

if (item && item.groupType > 0 && includeEquipped)

Since it looks like yanfly's plugin was trying to check for quantities on null items (ffs why) it's freaking out over the fact that null values don't have properties. That will force it fall back to the default numItems function for null items.

If that fails, you can always disable the shop patch in the plugin parameters and it should work fine. Or update AES_Core, but that will remove the shop patch feature entirely.

That said, eventually I'm going to finish up an improved shop plugin that has a more customizable and robust quantity patch, among a bunch of other things, so that part of Core will be obsolete and thus, is why I patched it out a bit early.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You must have an older version of AES_Core, because that's from the since-removed shop quantity patch. If you want to keep using a version with the shop patch, you could try searching for the following function:

Game_Party.prototype.numItems = function(item, includeEquipped=false)

Scroll down to:

if (item.groupType > 0 && includeEquipped)

And replace it with this:

if (item && item.groupType > 0 && includeEquipped)

Since it looks like yanfly's plugin was trying to check for quantities on null items (ffs why) it's freaking out over the fact that null values don't have properties. That will force it fall back to the default numItems function for null items.

If that fails, you can always disable the shop patch in the plugin parameters and it should work fine. Or update AES_Core, but that will remove the shop patch feature entirely.

That said, eventually I'm going to finish up an improved shop plugin that has a more customizable and robust quantity patch, among a bunch of other things, so that part of Core will be obsolete and thus, is why I patched it out a bit early.

Line 815 shows it with the shop patch.

I will add this to the Core file tho and see if it works. Thanks.

EDIT: This works. Thanks. :) I can go to sleep now. LMAO

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My bad, I was looking at the current working version I have here (2.85) which has the shop patch removed, not the most recent github version (2.7). Glad it worked out though. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on Zelda-like tileset. Should be greatly refined. And tonight extra pave tiles, outward corners, abyss and water...
Is it possible to move posts from the in-progress project forum to completed games? I think I need to message a mod but a bit worried about bothering them
Bleeding Moons has its release date: September 3rd!
Do you stick with the RM default, or set a custom one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz