Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been awhile, hi! Okay, so I kind of had a lot of updates on my end that I was being lazy about pushing out, so here's something of a giant dump:

AES_Core
- Added fullscreen settings to options menu
- Fullscreen/stretch/etc settings are now saved
- Added missing waitmode to Obtain Item framework's message display
- Removed the shop patch. It's now in AES_ImproveShop

AES_BattleCore
- Added tag-based state incrementation function. See documentation for details
- Fixed a bug with weaponTagStat not working
- Added battler.unarmedAtk, etc which is really just (for example) a.atk - a.weaponAtk, but still handy I guess
- Added battler.unarmedTagStat(tag), same as the above but for tag stats
- Added documentation about Game_Unit.prototype.numAnyStateAffected and Game_Unit.prototype.numAllStateAffected
- Zone Effects will now properly check state rates (not just state resist) when attempting to apply states
- Added death/collapse check to zone effects. Oops.
- Battlers now have minDamage and maxDamage properties which return the min and max damage the game will allow them to deal--before skill overrides
- Changed note tag syntax for zone effects to something a bit friendlier (see documentation)

AES_CommandControl
- Added the ability to place commands into left and right sub-menus in the actor command window. FF-style Guard is now a thing
- Added compatibility for putting the Equip command from YEP_ChangeBattleEquip into the left or right menus

AES_RaceCore
- Near-complete overhaul
- Changed note tag syntax to require race IDs instead of ID or name. This was done for performance and stability reasons
- Added <Subrace: string> tag. This is a cosmetic string only, accessible via Game_BattlerBase.prototype.subRace
- Added <Sex: n> tag. This can be set on actors/enemies, classes, equips, and states and that order has priority, low to high
- Added additional functionality to races. Races can now be set on actors/enemies, classes, equips, and states. (undead/assimilated/etc states and such) It is possible to have multiple races in this manner, thus a "humanoid" affected by an "undead" state counts as both humanoid and undead.
- Available battler properties, for damage formulas: a.race, a.defaultRace, a.raceList, a.subrace, a.sex, a.sexId
- Available battler functions, for damage formulas: a.isRace(raceId)

AES_LootBox (New!)
- Adds lootbox-style functionality to games, with items having limited/unlimited quantities, varying weights, etc. Can contain any combination of items, gold, or even common events (I hope the common event implementation isn't too glitchy...)
- If you use this to create monetized loot boxes for any reason, I'll hunt you to the ends of the earth. It's also against this particular plugin's terms of service so don't do it. Don't make me regret sharing this one!

AES_ImprovedShop (New!)
- Several options for displaying the number of items owned/equipped/etc
- Can list items in limited quantities
- Items sold can be relisted in certain shops
- Items sold that aren't relisted are sent to a "master shop" that essentially relists them all if used.

AES_DiceFunctions (New/Bonus!)
- Adds dice functions for use in damage formulas: d20(a.level) etc
- I threw this together for fun awhile ago and figured I'd share it "just 'cause"

This is a lot of stuff, so hopefully nothing breaks. Please let me know if it does.

Edit: Added 1 more bonus plugin at someone's request:

AES_GalvShardPatch (New/Bonus!)
- Allows all AES_* plugins that iterate through actor/enemy, class, equip, and state to also iterate through equipped magic shards.
- Must be placed below all other AES_* plugins to work properly

Last edited:

Clee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been looking for an alternate mp system for a while now. I used to use it on vx ace but never could find it for mv until now. After spending a couple hours with the script it is just what I needed. Pretty simple to set up and use all around. Except I can't figure out how to make the rage start out at zero. All around really good work with it. I am also liking the auto save and race core . While I havent tested out the race core fully yet I am liking what I am seeing. Real good work here and thanks for sharing your scripts.

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been looking for an alternate mp system for a while now. I used to use it on vx ace but never could find it for mv until now. After spending a couple hours with the script it is just what I needed. Pretty simple to set up and use all around. Except I can't figure out how to make the rage start out at zero. All around really good work with it. I am also liking the auto save and race core . While I havent tested out the race core fully yet I am liking what I am seeing. Real good work here and thanks for sharing your scripts.
Rage-like effects can be a bit trickier to set up than the others. To force rage to 0 after battle, use this note tag:

<After Battle Recover MP: -actor.mmp>

Clee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That did the trick. I apologize after reading the instructions again I realized I missed that little bit of info.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looking over the Improved Shop, there is no built in way to destroy Shops once they are created.

Just curious why?

Also, there is no built in way to check after a shop is created, if it already exists, or if it has inventory.

Unless you are familiar with code, it sort of then requires you to use in game switches (to check if created) or create all possible shops in a batch. Or use the Plugin Properties to Pre-Make Limited Shops. (which is a great addition)

But even then, inventory control can get chaotic if not careful with add item commands. ;)

Having said that. This is a SWEET plugin. Thank you so much for writing it.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking over the Improved Shop, there is no built in way to destroy Shops once they are created.

Just curious why?

Also, there is no built in way to check after a shop is created, if it already exists, or if it has inventory.
There's a rather important reason, actually:

Because I can be an airhead at times and somehow completely forgot to add those things. Oops!

Any joking aside, neither of those are horribly difficult things to add, so I'll do it tomorrow if I get a chance. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Edit: Version 1.2 of ImprovedShop is up, and it includes tools for deleting shops and checking if they exist:

shop name delete

shop name exists switchId
-or-
Aesica.ImprovedShop.exists(shopName)

I'd make a new post about it instead of this edit, but can't yet because of the 24 bump rule I suspect.

Last edited:

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a rather important reason, actually:

Because I can be an airhead at times and somehow completely forgot to add those things. Oops!

Any joking aside, neither of those are horribly difficult things to add, so I'll do it tomorrow if I get a chance. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Edit: Version 1.2 of ImprovedShop is up, and it includes tools for deleting shops and checking if they exist:

shop name delete

shop name exists switchId
-or-
Aesica.ImprovedShop.exists(shopName)

I'd make a new post about it instead of this edit, but can't yet because of the 24 bump rule I suspect.

You're my favorite airhead. :)

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Suggestion for the Improved Shop.

Would you consider adding shop purses?
Little more than a cash on hand, value that reflects the players business.
The last item sellable, might be capped at the cash remaining in the purse, or simply prevented if not enough cash exists to pay the sell price.

Thanks again! :)

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Suggestion for the Improved Shop.

Would you consider adding shop purses?
Little more than a cash on hand, value that reflects the players business.
The last item sellable, might be capped at the cash remaining in the purse, or simply prevented if not enough cash exists to pay the sell price.

Thanks again! :)
I'm not sure what you mean by shop purses. Is this like in-store credit or something?

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not sure what you mean by shop purses. Is this like in-store credit or something?
Thanks for the quick reply.

The shops total cash on hand.
If the player buys something, the purchase (or a percent of it) is added to cash on hand, and vise verse.

A Shop can have a default purse, or have a value assigned on creation.

A way to query and change the purse value would also help. In case the player wants to event something.
- The amount might be capped, or manipulated by events, etc...
- An example may be that the NPC might upgrade the shop after their purse reaches a goal, and sell better stuff. Or use that purse to randomly stock unique one time only sell items... etc...

Edit
It may require a new element in the shop menu to show the shop purse value. So it may not be a quick addition. just an idea.

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, you mean like how much money the shop currently has on hand. Interesting idea that I will most likely add in a future patch. :D

Roguedeus

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, you mean like how much money the shop currently has on hand. Interesting idea that I will most likely add in a future patch. :D
I will be waiting with bated breath. ;)

Graphics (including GUI) are largely a black box for me. I can find my way around, but not easily.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When using Loot Boxes, it crashes.

Not sure if i am doing something wrong or its a plugin compatibility issue.

Screenie:

Willibab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lootboxes o_O nice! Alltho my characters ingame are gonna be so poor, i cannot resist :3

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you testing the lootbox plugin from a file saved before adding the plugin? If so, I can see that happening because, due to the nature of how limited-quantity contents work, the loot boxes have to be initialized on a per-new-game basis.

Try it from a new save file or try the plugin command: LootBoxReset

Let me know if that problem still persists
Edit:

Lootboxes o_O nice! Alltho my characters ingame are gonna be so poor, i cannot resist :3
They don't just have to be reserved for things that are bought. In my game, it's used for the contents of randomly-dropped loot sacks as well as the fish that can be caught in a given body of water.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you testing the lootbox plugin from a file saved before adding the plugin? If so, I can see that happening because, due to the nature of how limited-quantity contents work, the loot boxes have to be initialized on a per-new-game basis.

Try it from a new save file or try the plugin command: LootBoxReset

Let me know if that problem still persists
Ok, ill test this out

Edit: It works. Was the save file. :)

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Excellent. I think for a future patch, I should probably add something to prevent that from happening, though.

gambitben

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @Aesica! I'm trying to show the tagstats in the Status menu but can't quite put my finger on how to reference them. Is there a way to do so or would it need a completely different plugin?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @Aesica! I'm trying to show the tagstats in the Status menu but can't quite put my finger on how to reference them. Is there a way to do so or would it need a completely different plugin?
You should be able to reference them just like you would any other stat, except via the function call rather than the property:

partyMember.hp // property example

vs

partyMember.tagStat("Fishing") // function call example

gambitben

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That worked! Thank you so much, your tagstats are the best thing ever :awink: and now I cango crazy with them :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yanfly told me the new earth all animations in MZ look a bit like summoning potatoes and now I can't unsee it. halp
Despite time and all the other things I am working on, I decided that I am going to start a Fire Emblem-like project. Follow your dreams! I'll just have to balance hours efficiently. I'm also not making this as complex as my Might and Magic inspired project, so it will be a much easier project to work on.
So I've taken to doing a test of the game, and making a list of everything I think of during the test to add/fix. Over the course of the night I check them off as I do them, and by the end of the night I always feel like I've accomplished something. :LZSexcite:
Eventz MZ? Events MZ!
My laptop has been restarting for around ten minutes. Not updating. I am concerned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reich