Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, it's been awhile! Been busy working on my game project, so I haven't done much plugin work over the last few months. Anyway, just dropping by to post a few minor bugfix and compatibility things:
  • AES_CustomMP: This plugin now properly supports the displaying of "other" skill costs, such as limited skill uses, from various Yanfly plugins.
  • AES_LootBox: Fixed a bug where attempting to access a loot box from a saved game that existed prior to installing this plugin could result in a crash. Now, the lootbox data object is automatically created if it doesn't already exist. (I always intended for this functionality to exist, but I forgot a return statement so it didn't work. Oops!)

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, so I made another plugin to fill in what I feel like was a gaping hole in the otherwise-amazing yanfly action sequence system: random target selection! Not counting the galv shard patch quickie, this is my first plugin that's entirely meant to work alongside somebody else's stuff instead of being able to stand alone.

In short, you can use it to select random targets with action sequences, like so:

Code:
<Whole Action>
perform ation
action animation: random 2 opponents
wait for animation
action effect: same
death break
perform finish
</Whole Action>
This will strike (up to) two unique opponents at random. (Note that "same" was also added as a selector to ensure you can apply the actual effect to the same targets you played the animation on)

Click for gif, kind of biggish

Explanation of hits:
  1. random 2 friends
  2. random 2 opponents
  3. random 2 actors
  4. random 2 enemies
  5. random 2 everyone
  6. random 5 everyone
  7. random 20 everyone not user (icy hit)
  8. random 20 everyone not focus (fiery hit)
  9. random 1 dead everyone (zappy hit)
Yeah the skill description is misleading, because it clearly hits more than 6 times. :)

Let me know if anything goes wrong/explodes/etc. :)

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Regarding lootboxes, I was hoping that there was a way to quick-open the boxes. I am using it as a system in my game to get a random weapon of a certain grade every time you use an item. But I have to keep going back into the menu and use an item.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Regarding lootboxes, I was hoping that there was a way to quick-open the boxes. I am using it as a system in my game to get a random weapon of a certain grade every time you use an item. But I have to keep going back into the menu and use an item.
There is, but it's more "tips and tricks" territory than something I wanted to include in the plugin since I wanted it to be more general-use. This requires both AES_Core and (of course) AES_LootBox, but guessing you already have those so you're good there.

Make a common event like this:

Code:
$gameTemp._aesBoxItem = $gameParty.lastItem();
$gameTemp._aesBox = Aesica.Toolkit.getTag.call($gameTemp._aesBoxItem, "LootBox");
Aesica.Core.pluginCommand("LootBox " + $gameTemp._aesBox + " open");
Code:
\ii[\eval<<<$dataItems.indexOf($gameTemp._aesBoxItem)>>>] remaining:  \eval<<<$gameParty.numItems($gameTemp._aesBoxItem)>>>

And then, your openable items like this:

Mostly you just want it to call the common event from above as well as contain the note tag pointing to the proper loot box. Now, it's as simple as opening one and, if there's more in the inventory, you can spam-open one after another.

Maybe in the future, I'll have a true bulk open, but right now, I can't find an approach I like that isn't also messy.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is, but it's more "tips and tricks" territory than something I wanted to include in the plugin since I wanted it to be more general-use. This requires both AES_Core and (of course) AES_LootBox, but guessing you already have those so you're good there.

Make a common event like this:

Code:
$gameTemp._aesBoxItem = $gameParty.lastItem();
$gameTemp._aesBox = Aesica.Toolkit.getTag.call($gameTemp._aesBoxItem, "LootBox");
Aesica.Core.pluginCommand("LootBox " + $gameTemp._aesBox + " open");
Code:
\ii[\eval<<<$dataItems.indexOf($gameTemp._aesBoxItem)>>>] remaining:  \eval<<<$gameParty.numItems($gameTemp._aesBoxItem)>>>

And then, your openable items like this:

Mostly you just want it to call the common event from above as well as contain the note tag pointing to the proper loot box. Now, it's as simple as opening one and, if there's more in the inventory, you can spam-open one after another.

Maybe in the future, I'll have a true bulk open, but right now, I can't find an approach I like that isn't also messy.
You might also wanna mention the notetag on the item, as that isnt mentioned anywhere. Lol

Whoops, you did. didn't see it. LMAO

Edit: Not sure if i did something wrong, but the code shows up in the text box and it keeps opening stuff way past the actual amount I have and doesn't reduce the amount.

Last edited:

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question, what plugin command would I need to use to call a shop using your Improved Shop plugin?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You might also wanna mention the notetag on the item, as that isnt mentioned anywhere. Lol

Whoops, you did. didn't see it. LMAO

Edit: Not sure if i did something wrong, but the code shows up in the text box and it keeps opening stuff way past the actual amount I have and doesn't reduce the amount.
Post a screenshot of your common event. It's times like this I really wish there was a way to copy/paste event structures as text to these forums.

Quick question, what plugin command would I need to use to call a shop using your Improved Shop plugin?
Code:
shop ShopNameHere open
I was going to say it should be in the plugin help, but it looks like I left that somewhat important detail out. Oops! Sorry about that!

Edit: Fixed this oversight in v1.21. That's the only change though.

falken14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi @Aesica, I love the look of your CommandControl plugin. However I can't seem to get it working correctly in my project. I have AES_Core, BattleCore, and CommandControl in that order in my main project (V1.62, underneath YEP_Core and BattleEngineCore), I get this error:

20200603 - error AES_plugins.png

I have put them above and below all other plugins and still get the error. They are the latest versions. What does this error mean? Thank you for any help.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Aesica, I love the look of your CommandControl plugin. However I can't seem to get it working correctly in my project. I have AES_Core, BattleCore, and CommandControl in that order in my main project (V1.62, underneath YEP_Core and BattleEngineCore), I get this error:

View attachment 146336

I have put them above and below all other plugins and still get the error. They are the latest versions. What does this error mean? Thank you for any help.
Hmm, that looks like something else somewhere else is breaking a bunch of things. Specifically there's an "uncaught syntax error" in YEP_BattleBgmControl line 238 that's probably causing everything else to crash and burn. Does everything work fine without my plugins enabled?

falken14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmm, that looks like something else somewhere else is breaking a bunch of things. Specifically there's an "uncaught syntax error" in YEP_BattleBgmControl line 238 that's probably causing everything else to crash and burn. Does everything work fine without my plugins enabled?
Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I was fiddling with YEP_BattleBgmControl for a trivial reason and I just haven't fixed that error. I forgot to mention in my post that I had already tried disabling the plugins (including YEP_BattleBgmControl) that appeared in the error log message but new ones just fill the gaps and test game still won't start. The project opens after disabling AES_Core, AES_Battle, and AES_CommandControl. I based my project off the YEP sample project so there are a lot of YEPs, and then mostly utility plugins like Khas's lighting set and a couple of HIME, MOG and minigame plugins. The three AES plugins also work fine in a blank project, so you are right in that one of my plugins is probably causing a crash, but the error log has not been helpful in pointing out which one.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Generally the topmost error is the problem, especially if it's something that appears before the pixi banner like a syntax error. That kind of thing often breaks the whole rest of the code parsing which is why you see errors like "blahblah is not a function" even though that function clearly exists (within the proper scope) if you check the code. I'd try checking line 238 in YEP_BattleBgmControl to see if anything is out of place (look for a && that doesn't belong).

Although if disabling that plugin still causes errors, it'd seem you have more errors than just that one plugin in whatever you adjusted.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Post a screenshot of your common event. It's times like this I really wish there was a way to copy/paste event structures as text to these forums.
Sorry it took so long to get back. Dealing with personal issues. :/

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh! If code shows up in the textbox, it's because I forgot to mention that this approach also uses AES_MessageExt and YEP_MessageCore to display the number of boxes remaining. That's what *should* be showing up in the message box where all the code appears.

It's not popping up "Open Another" and "Done" as choices though?

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh! If code shows up in the textbox, it's because I forgot to mention that this approach also uses AES_MessageExt and YEP_MessageCore to display the number of boxes remaining. That's what *should* be showing up in the message box where all the code appears.

It's not popping up "Open Another" and "Done" as choices though?
Ok, I fixed the text box issue. Now the amount doesn't go down when choosing "Open Another"

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's weird, are there any errors that show up when you click "Open another" in the console?

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OH! I think see the problem:

$gameTemp, not gameTemp

Odd that it doesn't cause an error of some kind, though. See if that fixes it.

Jenova

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OH! I think see the problem:

$gameTemp, not gameTemp

Odd that it doesn't cause an error of some kind, though. See if that fixes it.
Perfect example of why coding is hard. LMAO

It works now tho, thanks. XD

falken14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Generally the topmost error is the problem, especially if it's something that appears before the pixi banner like a syntax error. That kind of thing often breaks the whole rest of the code parsing which is why you see errors like "blahblah is not a function" even though that function clearly exists (within the proper scope) if you check the code. I'd try checking line 238 in YEP_BattleBgmControl to see if anything is out of place (look for a && that doesn't belong).

Although if disabling that plugin still causes errors, it'd seem you have more errors than just that one plugin in whatever you adjusted.
Thanks, you're right: I did a bit of troubleshooting and narrowed it down to (of course) two more recent plugin sets I had added, which were the Khas lighting plugins (Khas_Core, Khas_Graphics, and Khas_Advanced Lighting), and weirdly, mjshi's match card lottery minigame. Either of those being ON caused the TypeError. Not sure why, but I'm glad I can get Command Control working.

I have a question about its use: in my game, I ideally want to have general commands to the right (Wait, Guard, and Escape), and also have been looking for a way to have the limit command appear to the left of the command window when TP/limit metric is maxed so it doesn't replace the attack command (similar to overdrive commands in FFX). Ideally, it would be cool if the left window only became accessible at max TP, but even if it was greyed out, that would still be great. Is that possible with this plugin? If it doesn't exist, it might be a cool feature to have the left/right command window only appear under certain conditions like low HP, max TP, specific state etc.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently no, the limit command overwrites the attack command wherever its placed, but you can still have attack available if you put it in the limit category and make sure all characters learn it. All the general stuff can easily be on the right though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yanfly told me the new earth all animations in MZ look a bit like summoning potatoes and now I can't unsee it. halp
Despite time and all the other things I am working on, I decided that I am going to start a Fire Emblem-like project. Follow your dreams! I'll just have to balance hours efficiently. I'm also not making this as complex as my Might and Magic inspired project, so it will be a much easier project to work on.
So I've taken to doing a test of the game, and making a list of everything I think of during the test to add/fix. Over the course of the night I check them off as I do them, and by the end of the night I always feel like I've accomplished something. :LZSexcite:
Eventz MZ? Events MZ!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reich