Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I spotted a minor bug with AES_BattlerGauge - the gauge draws above inflicted state icons for enemies. Here's a screenshot that shows the bug.

Capture.PNG

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's less of a bug and more of an "oh, that doesn't look very good" kind of thing. I'd try adjusting the y offset (plugin params) a bit--a single digit adjustment should suffice so the two don't overlap.

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, it's true that it can be worked around, so a fix isn't crucial.

EDIT: Just suddenly thought that maybe if I can place the gauge on the enemy's head that it might solve the issue... I'll give that a try later.

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, so I added a very minor (but hopefully pretty useful) thing to AES_X_ActSeqRndTarget:
  • You can now display custom text in the combat log window
  • Plugin name changed to AES_X_ActSeqEx, since now it does more than just adding new targeting selection options. Plus, now I can add even more to it later down the road if I deem it necessary.

Yes, all of that is actually just a single skill!

Catog

Professional Internal Screamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Man, all of this stuff is such amazing quality of life improvements! Thank you so much!

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I wondered if it would be easy to add a feature in AES_ImprovedShop that allows creating a shop that only buys items? That is, the player can sell items like normal, but the Buy option is disabled.

I was also hoping for an option to customize the Deposit and Withdraw text for item vaults. (An item vault is basically just a place to store items, right?)

EDIT: On closer inspection I see the sell-only feature does exist. Not sure how I missed it. The second request still stands though!

EDIT2: Or does it exist? It doesn't seem to work if I set a shop to sell-only, though I can make one with an empty inventory so I guess it's close enough for now.

There is one other feature that would be nice to have - a way to limit which items a shop will buy from you, either by category (item, key item, weapon, armour, hidden items A and B, weapon/armour/equip type) or by more advanced conditions.

Last edited:

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Customizing Deposit and Withdraw: Not being able to rename them was actually an oversight. Oops. Next time I do codework, I'll add a way to customize that because it's trivial to add.

Sell items only: It doesn't work? It's possible I never actually finished that part (oops!) so yeah I'll peek at that, too. I might've just come to the conclusion partway through making it that what you said you did (empty inventory shop) might just be more intuitive.

Buy only certain types: That's an interesting idea. If I do it though, it'll probably be based on note tags rather than items only, weapons only, armors only, etc. That way, you can have, say:

<Item Type: Reagents>
<Item Type: Rare Gems>
<Item Type: Machine Parts>

...etc and sell only some things from the "items" category rather than all or none. I'll look into this "Soon (tm)." :)

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sell items only: It doesn't work? It's possible I never actually finished that part (oops!) so yeah I'll peek at that, too. I might've just come to the conclusion partway through making it that what you said you did (empty inventory shop) might just be more intuitive.
Only minor downside to the current empty inventory shop is that the buy button is enabled and takes you to an empty list, which doesn't seem sensible from a player viewpoint. It's not the worst thing though.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Made a small update to AES_X_ActSeqEx:
  • Can now optionally base random target selection off target rate (tgr) or Yanfly's taunt plugin if using it. So in the example gif I posted above, Therese could activate her tanking taunt and save poor Marsha from getting splattered by the dragon's random hits.
  • Fixed a small issue most wouldn't even notice or be affected by that caused the NOT USER and NOT FOCUS filters to not be usable together.
Now that this plugin is where I want it for my game, I'll try to take a look at ImprovedShop sometime tomorrow. :)

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added a few more minor things to AES_X_ActSeqEx:
  • Added sequence "KILL: targets" as a sort of "plot kill" that ignores resistances, immunities, and immortal flags
  • Added sequence "APPLY STATE x: targets" as an alternative to "ADD STATE x: targets". APPLY STATE x attempts to apply a state to targets, checked against their state rates.
Improved shop's tweaks have been delayed since there's one other problem I'd really like to fix with it before going forward with anything else.

Sethlon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty new to RPG Maker, having a lot of fun tinkering with the base system to get something close to what I had in mind. I just wanted to pop in to say Aesica that your CustomMP system is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for putting that together ^_^

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, nice work! I hadn't seen any of this before!

I really think you should add the names of each plugin to your first post. That would make it a little easier for people who stumble on this topic to see whether there might be a plugin that sounds really interesting... and a LOT easier for people who are doing a forum search for a specific plugin they'd heard about!

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, nice work! I hadn't seen any of this before!

I really think you should add the names of each plugin to your first post. That would make it a little easier for people who stumble on this topic to see whether there might be a plugin that sounds really interesting... and a LOT easier for people who are doing a forum search for a specific plugin they'd heard about!
Good suggestion, thanks! I had them there originally with descriptions of each, but it felt redundant with the github help file so I took them down. Definitely see the merit of having at least the names up, even if these still are probably largely unknown in the RMMV plugin universe.

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this is part of the Battle Core functionality, but is there a way to disable Damage Caps via Plugin Commands? I know there is with Yanfly Damage Core (testing rn, but I fear it wont work).

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not with plugin commands, but <Break Damage Cap> can be put on a hidden state and applied for the duration you want damage caps ignored.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on Zelda-like tileset. Should be greatly refined. And tonight extra pave tiles, outward corners, abyss and water...
Is it possible to move posts from the in-progress project forum to completed games? I think I need to message a mod but a bit worried about bothering them
Bleeding Moons has its release date: September 3rd!
Do you stick with the RM default, or set a custom one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz