Missile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Now on Steam!: http://store.steampowered.com/app/382380

Amber Throne is an RPG with a painted look, taking place in a desert-world with an ancient castle looming far above.

The people of this world are rushing to reach this castle and claim the Amber Throne for themselves - as it will grant their every wish.

However, one mysterious girl seeks to put an end to the Throne.

Short Demo: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gf2flsy4s6auxaf/DemoThrone_2.rar  (spoilers)

Video

Story

Arra is trapped in another time - awakened from another era when the Amber God ruled the land. Forseeing his death in a brewing rebellion, he lifted his kingdom into the sky and placed it behind an impenetrable cloud, with only his daughter left safe within the world he'd abandoned.

The Amber God withered away in his own castle, as the rebellion died within - trapped far above the earth they'd left behind, with the Throne hanging miles above. As people build new machines and technologies, however, the Amber Throne is once again threatened.

Now awakened in a strange new era, Arra must find a way to continue her father's plan and put an end to the Throne.

Characters

Arra: The daughter of the Amber God, awakened to put an end to the Throne. She's old-fashioned, wearing ancient armor while carrying an unhealthy obsession for classical weaponry. She prefers the large broadswords of the past and sharp rifles of the present.

Popelle: A young girl who ran away from home. Helps and watches over the people of the Divide.
Nuo: An engineer with an interest in flight. Popelle's older brother.

Sirra: An Arroc (humanoid-bird) cast out from his race's society for violating their law, the Apocrypha. Without a modern update to the Apocrypha, the Arroc find difficulty adapting to affairs involving the Amber Throne. His primary weapon is a spear.

Oboa: A mysterious Sehr with an interest in an ancient, forgotten civilization far to the west.

Evelyn: A pure-hearted girl chosen by the Red King to inherit the Amber Throne and become the next Amber God.

The Fefniron: An order of knights arranged by the Red King to secure the Throne for mankind.

Axis: The former Amber God and father of Arra. His monstrous, lifeless body still sits atop his castle in the sky - the book he'd used to compose his final plans still in-hand.

Screenshots
Full screenshots at http://imgur.com/a/O9aFY

About
Amber Throne is being made using RPG Maker VX, with the Yanfly Melody tools.

Thanks for checking out the project!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/amberthrone

Last edited by a moderator:

Ratty524

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This does look interesting. Are you going for a battle system similar to Breath of Fire? Just interpreting from your screenshots.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This reminds me of Journey in the way it offers audiences a completely artistic experience. The screenshots are beautiful and express the years of practice you have painting environments. I have no idea the sort of dialogue and characterization that you would use, but I've always been a fan of games like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and Okami that spoke its story through its artwork.

I want to ask if this is a commercial project that you hope to bring to the market.

Zachy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, this looks really unique to me, good to see something pleasantly different.

Cartridge

It's all about the guns, man
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Wow, I give you a +1 for originality so far! This looks superb.

Missile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This does look interesting. Are you going for a battle system similar to Breath of Fire? Just interpreting from your screenshots.
Leaning more towards Golden Sun than BoF.

This reminds me of Journey in the way it offers audiences a completely artistic experience. The screenshots are beautiful and express the years of practice you have painting environments. I have no idea the sort of dialogue and characterization that you would use, but I've always been a fan of games like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, and Okami that spoke its story through its artwork.

I want to ask if this is a commercial project that you hope to bring to the market.
Thanks man. I think it will be up your alley, for sure.

And yes to commercial.

Cartridge

It's all about the guns, man
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
This is already looking to me like the first indie game I would buy.

PixelLuchi

Quiet Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
UK English
Primarily Uses
This is beautiful. I'll be keeping my eye on this. And yay for a Golden-Sun type battle system. :)

C-C-C-Cashmere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Absolutely gorgeous in every way. Well-detailed and heart-moving painterly artwork, fluid-looking battle system with hella tons of custom crap thrown in there, revolutionary parallax mapping with what I'm guessing is pixel-perfect movement, hella good artwork and environments, and a very very very distinctive art style.

Definitely definitely definitely definitely definitely looking forward to this.

m4uesviecr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Absolutely gorgeous is right! I'm a sucker for games with good artwork.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this!

Anime Girl

Beginner Artist (I'm here to storm the world) :D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
I'm totally going to play this when it comes out. I love the graphics :D

Hirei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks absolutely amazing!

Diego2112

The Gaming Gamer Who Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It looks very much pretty!  I'll have to give it a shot, for sure!

Particularly if it's got a Golden Sun feel to it-one of the ALL TIME GREATEST handheld games created.

GemFall

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So awesome! I would very much pay for this game. Your environments are absolutely ethereal.

If I may ask from curiosity- did you parallax those beautiful paintings, or are those tilesets?

Godseyse

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey! I just literally registered here after I saw this project advertised on Facebook by "RPG Maker web." I used to use RPG Maker a lot back in the day and lately I've been wanting to start writing music again... If interested, I'd be willing to compose some music for you if you are interested? I could send you a few links to some of the music that I've written.

:)

MKnance

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
What's the chance's of your adding a narrative voice to this like other indie games and make it tell a story as you unravel through the world and put in some funny moments in the narrative story 

Acezon

Om Nom Nom
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Great project! I specially like the story. Does this game implement pixel movement?

C-C-C-Cashmere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What's the chance's of your adding a narrative voice to this like other indie games and make it tell a story as you unravel through the world and put in some funny moments in the narrative story 
Bastion comes to mind when you say this.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ugh, those trees, so gorgeous. I'd play this just to appreciate the art.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Tomorrow is Halloween! I can't wait to go to Boxi Park and show off my costume! Also one of Dad's friends is staying the night, so he might get to see the show.
Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarashi